Georgia Semifinal Matchups

ECHS05

1 minute ago, RedTaters said:

Obvious homer here, but anyone else think Mill Creek actually has a chance to get past Grayson? They've given up less than 400 total rushing yards all season, including 0 yards rushing last week in the Semis against McEachern!

I think Mac actually finished with -28 yards rushing. I think Mill Creek has a chance but they have to play their best football. Gotta shut Grayson's run game down - which I think they will do better than anyone has outside of IMG. Just can't let Brice and D'Lo beat you over the top. 

Gotta keep it low scoring, too. 

• Like 2

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I think Mac actually lose -28 yards rushing. I think Mill Creek has a chance but they have to play their best football. Gotta shut Grayson's run game down - which I think they will do better than anyone has outside of IMG. Just can't let Brice and D'Lo beat you over the top. 

Gotta keep it low scoring, too. 

Thanks for the correction. How do you think MC's receivers will do against Grayson's DBs? and MC's run game vs Grayson front seven?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Oh... heres something...http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/National_leagues.htm

I would ask that you look and tell me who #6 is on that list. They were #5 just last week and I expect them to rise with Valdosta & Northside-WR both still in the 6A Semifinals. So GA R1-6A is the #6 Region at CalPreps, even as CP undervalues GA as a whole. Perhaps you should stop speaking on what you know so little of.

So on this very page you claimed that there is no region/district in Florida that's half as strong as Region 1-6A.

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

There is no in Florida even HALF as strong as Region 1-6A... Valdosta, Northside-WR, Lee Co, Houston Co, and Coffee...

Then you post as your evidence a link that shows this.

#6 Georgia 1-6A: 51.7

#9 Florida 16-6A: 49.0

And somehow you think this supports your claim.

You're a liar and now apparently you're deluded as well.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Oh... heres something...http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/National_leagues.htm

I would ask that you look and tell me who #6 is on that list. They were #5 just last week and I expect them to rise with Valdosta & Northside-WR both still in the 6A Semifinals. So GA R1-6A is the #6 Region at CalPreps, even as CP undervalues GA as a whole. Perhaps you should stop speaking on what you know so little of.

Something interesting.

SOS

Florida 16-6A: 39.9

Georgia 1-6A: 27.4

A Georgia team/region doesn't play anybody?

No way.

Shocking.

15 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Dalton is 13-0 for a reason.

They haven't played anybody?

Maybe I should be more respectful.

I mean there are only several thousand teams who could beat Northwest Whitfield, 10-7.

9 minutes ago, LOSer said:

They haven't played anybody?

Maybe I should be more respectful.

I mean there are only several thousand teams who could beat Northwest Whitfield, 10-7.

I don't believe I said Dalton should ranked nationally. I never said Dalton was a top tier team? Follow the damn thread. I said they're a good football team that's unbeaten for a reason. 

You said yourself in this very thread that Valdosta sucks. So that means Dalton should at least be competitive , which is what I said in the post you're quoting. 

Take your crankiness elsewhere 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

I never said Dalton was a top tier team? Follow the damn thread. I said they're a good football team that's unbeaten for a reason. 

And I didn't misquote you.

I follow these threads better than you clowns.

I responded according to what you said. 

They're undefeated for a reason. I articulated that reason.

1 hour ago, RedTaters said:

Obvious homer here, but anyone else think Mill Creek actually has a chance to get past Grayson? They've given up less than 400 total rushing yards all season, including 0 yards rushing last week in the Semis against McEachern!

I actually expect MC to pull the upset......for a number of reasons.  MC really does have a really good run defense.  MC really does have a good secondary.  Besides IMG, it might be the best secondary Chase will have to throw against and the MC DBs are underrated and equally fast.

The Mill Creek will be the best run defense Grayson will see all year including IMG.....sounds crazy only if you simply think IMG is better because, well, they are IMG.  Some may look at what Kurt Taylor and Jam did to Colquitt last week and say Grayson will do similar to MC; Not the case.   I said before the Grayson-Colquitt game that all Grayson has to do is run the ball and shut down Saunders to win because Colquitt's run defense this year was not good especially up the middle.  JJ is very good, but gets taken out of plays too much with his over-aggression.  Kurt Taylor looks the part, but is not as good as his stats (against mediocre teams) show.  MC will shut him down.  Jam will have some success because of his athleticism and ability to catch out of the back field, but MC's players aren't at a loss for speed.  I keep saying that MC's achilles is their offense, but it seems that offense has improved and potentially peaked at the right time.  Grayson may do very well to shut them down some, but McEachern's defense is not too far behind Grayson's and MC stil scored bunches on them.

The winner of this game wins State because even if (big IF) Roswell beats Westlake, Roswell's easy road through the regulars wouldn't have prepared them for a Grayson or a Mill Creek.  Two teams that actually play defense!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

Something interesting.

SOS

Florida 16-6A: 39.9

Georgia 1-6A: 27.4

A Georgia team/region doesn't play anybody?

No way.

Shocking.

LMAO. You fail to mention that is NON-LEAGUE SOS. Not total SOS. As not a single team in R1-6A has below a 27.4 SoS.

Besides SoS at CalPreps telling you NOTHING...

Tell me Loser...who played the better schedule?

Team A = 60, 60, 60, 0, 0, 0 = 30 SoS

Team B = 30, 30, 30, 30, 30 , 30 = 30 SoS

Technically they are the same SoS... but who REALLY played the better schedule?

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

No. You said they were 13-0 for a reason.

I found the reason.

They did beat solid teams in Harrison & Coffee , I do know that...

Coffee 49, UC FL 28

Trinity Christian 31, UC FL 23

If you actually watch Dalton, youd see they are pretty good. Instead of looking at CalPreps rankings of the teams theyve played... when did HSFB become that? Fools like you let that become your argument because you have little mind for any other.

I am tired of using CalPreps to compare the states, when the comparison is false... and is not equitable.

53 minutes ago, SWD-1985 said:

I actually expect MC to pull the upset......for a number of reasons.  MC really does have a really good run defense.  MC really does have a good secondary.  Besides IMG, it might be the best secondary Chase will have to throw against and the MC DBs are underrated and equally fast.

The Mill Creek will be the best run defense Grayson will see all year including IMG.....sounds crazy only if you simply think IMG is better because, well, they are IMG.  Some may look at what Kurt Taylor and Jam did to Colquitt last week and say Grayson will do similar to MC; Not the case.   I said before the Grayson-Colquitt game that all Grayson has to do is run the ball and shut down Saunders to win because Colquitt's run defense this year was not good especially up the middle.  JJ is very good, but gets taken out of plays too much with his over-aggression.  Kurt Taylor looks the part, but is not as good as his stats (against mediocre teams) show.  MC will shut him down.  Jam will have some success because of his athleticism and ability to catch out of the back field, but MC's players aren't at a loss for speed.  I keep saying that MC's achilles is their offense, but it seems that offense has improved and potentially peaked at the right time.  Grayson may do very well to shut them down some, but McEachern's defense is not too far behind Grayson's and MC stil scored bunches on them.

The winner of this game wins State because even if (big IF) Roswell beats Westlake, Roswell's easy road through the regulars wouldn't have prepared them for a Grayson or a Mill Creek.  Two teams that actually play defense!

Thanks for the breakdown, SWD. I tend to agree with everything you say. I think MC's pass rush is underrated as well. Their D-Line is slightly undersized in the sense that they don't really have those "thick" DTs.. but their DEs are long and strong and their DTs are quick and strong. They have 3 players with 8+ sacks. I expect them to suppress the run game and then get after the QB once Grayson starts throwing. Either way, I'm really excited to watch this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedTaters said:

Thanks for the correction. How do you think MC's receivers will do against Grayson's DBs? and MC's run game vs Grayson front seven?

Grayson has the ability to shut down MC's pass game.  Gibbs and company at Grayson are for real.  Actually, I feel MC will find a way to score on Grayson, but not much at all.  As in my previous post, MC has found an offense lately, so they can score and they did it last week against MAC who has one of the State's best defenses.  Grayson's D is faster than MACs and much much better.  At the same time, MC's strength is their defense.  Don't be surprised if this thing goes into half time knotted at zero.  These are two really good defenses and ok offenses, but Grayson's O is better.

That all said, I still feel MC could pull this one out on Friday.  This game will come down to who is most disciplined!!

1 minute ago, SWD-1985 said:

Grayson has the ability to shut down MC's pass game.  Gibbs and company at Grayson are for real.  Actually, I feel MC will find a way to score on Grayson, but not much at all.  As in my previous post, MC has found an offense lately, so they can score and they did it last week against MAC who has one of the State's best defenses.  Grayson's D is faster than MACs and much much better.  At the same time, MC's strength is their defense.  Don't be surprised if this thing goes into half time knotted at zero.  These are two really good defenses and ok offenses, but Grayson's O is better.

That all said, I still feel MC could pull this one out on Friday.  This game will come down to who is most disciplined!!

Yeah I agree about them shutting down MC's passing game. They will most likely struggle and have to adjust. Ace Williams has really come on as of late, but I expect #3 Edmond Graham to show up in more than one way. He's blazing fast and should finally be 100% healthy this week. Keep an eye on him when it comes to blocking kicks too, he has multiple this year and last year. When it comes to being disciplined, edge may go to Mill Creek. They won last week because MAC had a personal foul on a 3rd down stop! ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

And that's what I said, cranky 

You intimated that they were undefeated because they were good.

In fact you even repeated that again.

That's not what I said though.

57 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

LMAO. You fail to mention that is NON-LEAGUE SOS. Not total SOS. As not a single team in R1-6A has below a 27.4 SoS.

So District 16-6A is rated 2.7 points below Region 1-6A and plays an infinitely tougher non-district schedule.

Care to guess how the overall SOS would come out?

Go get your red nose, clown.

55 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Besides SoS at CalPreps telling you NOTHING...

Is it team B? Do I win a prize?

Umm actually it can be team B, it depends on how you look at it Echs. If you're a 26 rating team you could lose all the games as team B but would probably win 3 games as team A! ?

• Like 1

Just now, LOSer said:

You intimated that they were undefeated because they were good.

In fact you even repeated that again.

That's not what I said though.

According to Los logic.... Everything sucks if he doesnt approve of it. 

If they aren't on the level of a Private school they suck...

If they aren't in the top 25 at CP they suck...

59 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I agree with your premise but that has nothing to do with a nearly equal region/district having a much, much stronger non-region/district SOS.

It means that their overall SOS is also higher.