Georgia Semifinal Matchups

ECHS05

27 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ok South GA does not have more schools than North GA... 

Theres a freaking HS for every 10-20 miles You travel in Atlanta... 

Go look it up.  There are way more schools in mid/south Ga than the metro area.  Bigger schools in the metro but not more.  You are focusing on the 7A class but once you get outside or maybe 6A that the numbers shift away from Atlanta area schools. 

I agree with Cedar Grove... they just need to have a good game... play crappy vs Crisp OR a team like GAC & they'll lose. 

Cedar Grove is definitely the most talented team in 3A... hopefully theyve got it all put together & take care of business.

Forreal though a Thomson vs Cartersville 4A State Championship would be a GREAT game.

• HawgGoneIt changed the title to Georgia Semifinal Matchupshttps://www.prepgridiron.com/topic/97-georgia-semifinal-matchups/
22 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

CoCoCreek was barely beating Marist 27-21 last year with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter...  Westlake is simply better than Coconut Creek.

They're simply in a weaker Region.

The same can be said of Rick Darlington failing at Valdosta and being a legend at Apopka.

No.

Valdosta sucks and is a has-been program. Everybody fails there.

The same can be said of the Coffee Co coach Robby Pruitt..

Robby Pruitt won his championships in 1A and 3A.

The only people who thought he was a legend of any sort are the Georgia people who like to make these posts.

So he took one of the worst teams in ALL of Florida and in a short time made them into a team that could play with the top teams in the country... 

Coconut Creek has always had players.

A merely competent coach could easily win 6 games there.

Kareem Reid is merely competent and apparently that's all it takes to be a 7A Semifinalist in Georgia.

21 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

More people would be able to comment on Ga football if they televised more games.  I was a non belieber until I saw Grayson and I think Archer play .

Hope they televise their 6a or 7a finals 

They are televising Mill Creek @ Grayson on GPB this coming Friday. Itll also be on GPG.org/sports.

All the State Championships are televised by GPBTV. Im not sure you get that in Cali but you can go to Gpb.org/sports and watch a VERY quality stream...

Mill Creek @ Grayson - 730pmET Friday Dec 2nd ... Link: http://www.gpb.org/sports .. 

Times & Dates of State Championships - on http://www.gpb.org/sports

Friday Dec 9th

10am -  Single A Private

1pm - 3A (Probably GAC vs a very talented Cedar Grove team)

4:30pm - 5A (Thisll be Buford vs Stockbridge or Rome, good game here)

8pm - 6A (Valdosta vs Northside-WR or Tucker)

Saturday Dec 10th

10am - Single A Public

1pm - 2A (Benedictine vs Fitzgerald... legit 2A game)

4:30pm - 4A (Cartersville vs Thomson - #1 2018 prospect in the country, Trevor Lawrence plays for C'ville)

8pm - 7A (Roswell vs Grayson or Mill Creek)

46 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Coconut Creek has always had players.

A merely competent coach could easily win 6 games there.

Kareem Reid is merely competent and apparently that's all it takes to be a 7A Semifinalist in Georgia.

Again... Coco Creek was 1-19 in the 2 years before he got there... and he turned them into a team that could compete with the best in Florida

Their HC now... Alan Rodemaker has them in the 6A Semifinals at 12-1... and a favorite to win the State Championship. Thats in his 1st year.

So dropping to a smaller and crappier classification can lead to more success?

Who would've thunk it?

Miraculous.

Again... Coco Creek was 1-19 in the 2 years before he got there... and he turned them into a team that could compete with the best in Florida

Because the previous head coach and staff were one of the worst ever.

All Kareem Reid did was recruit the kids who were leaving for Monarch, Deerfield, Ely and kept the ones who were already there.

In 3 years he had exactly one close loss to one of the best in Florida. Every other loss by 2+ touchdowns.

On 11/27/2016 at 10:37 AM, ECHS05 said:

Their HC now... Alan Rodemaker has them in the 6A Semifinals at 12-1... and a favorite to win the State Championship. Thats in his 1st year.

I said in week #9 before the playoffs that the 6A State Championship was between Region #1 and Region #4.

I'm telling you, Valdosta may be favored, but the 6A Champ is playing at Hallford in Dekalb on Friday night.  Whoever wins the Tucker-Northside Warner Robbins semi-final game goes on to take State.  Matter of fact, these two have met only 3 times before and each time the winner marches on to take State. 

Tucker is my pick; call it bias, call it homerism.  I call it just knowing.  I have said all along when they stay injury-free, they are a headache for any team; class doesn't matter.  I called Harrison as a team who had never played against fast dudes willing to knock you out with every hit.  Harrison tapped out by the end of the 1st quarter.  Northside Warner-Robbins is not like that.  This will be a war.  A war of familiar foes.  I'm getting my popcorn early, cuz the hits will be poppin'!!

Besides Keith Best (6'4" 210 - DB) who is headed to Kentucky who unfortunately suffered a MCL tear against Colquitt the second play of the game, the entire Tucker team is as healthy as any......not counting the expected nicks, turf toes, bruises and sores.  That's part of the game. 

These dudes are fast, nasty, weight room ready and having fun.......Oliver better throw the ball as much as he can cause the edge won't be there and I hate to see him try the middle and get introduced to Brian Strozier, he of Louisville-bound, standing 6'3" and weighing 248, running a 4.5.  That's a collision no one wishes to see.  He might get up after a Strozier tackle and incorrectly run to the Tucker sideline like the Harrison QB after sack #13.

I'm spewing trash, but I do mean that this is going to be a war and if they don't beat one another up, one of these two is taking State!

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Tucker vs NWR will no doubt be a war. I expect Valdosta to beat Dalton in a contest closer than anyone foresees.  

Tucker vs Valdosta or NWR vs Valdosta would be fine with me.

Dalton is 13-0 for a reason. I watched their game against Coffee and they controlled it the first three quarters. They were up 30-7 in the 4th before completely falling asleep late. 

I expect Valdosta to win, but it'll be a 6-10 point game. 

Tucker vs NSWR is a toss up but growing up in Dekalb, I'll let my bias show and say Tucker advances to play Valdosta 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GA 6A,7A and 5A are better than Floridas Washed up classes.

As usual a Georgian has no support for what he says except his mouth. Your evidence seems to be the rate at which you can flap your gums.

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/National_divisions.htm

#14 Florida 6A 37.4

#16 Florida 8A 36.4

#21 Florida 7A 35.8

#27 Georgia 7A 31.7

#46 Georgia 6A 26.3

#82 Georgia 5A 19.2

Where do you get this bravado? You guys are the most disconnected from reality of any group of fans.

You may not like it but calpreps says that NCS D1 sucks (it does), that SS D1 is really good (it is) and that Georgia 5A is a joke (it is).

It qualifies as something.

Your words mean nothing especially when they are as laughable as claiming that Georgia 5A is better than any of Florida's large classes.

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No one from Florida should talk about Classes being crappy.

Changing the subject to avoid confronting the fact that Georgia's classes are average and severely overrated by asshats like you.

Westlake is in the final 4 in your largest class. Roswell is there while not having played a swinging dick so far.

But you think 5A and 6A are better than Florida big classes?

Go get fitted for your big red shoes, clown.

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You're always so angry, Los 

No.

I'm always so righteously accurate.

I'm also tired of ignorant Georgia homers making shit up to make themselves feel good.