Newton HS Texas

Texasball

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Not to mention also in the middle of no where. Ill never understand how people cant comprehend pound for pound. These are the same people that want Khabib to fight Jon Jones 😂

Actually the people who know that Jon Jones would smash Khabib are also the ones who dismiss pound-for-pound.

What you just said makes no sense.

As usual.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

People who cannot comprehend per capita are normally large state fanboys who are filled with excuses.

Just for the record. Where are you from arrraraa?

People comprehend it just fine.

It just has nothing to do with anything we talk about.

Your teams are trash regardless of whether the state has the most (insert) per capita.

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Oh ok one of those guys lol. Point is only a dumbass would want to argue that. Same thing when people talk about small town teams does a dumbass come out and compare them to the best teams in the country.

This is a *national* high school board. If you want to talk your nonsense then feel free to go somewhere else.

Newton sucks compared to the 1,000th best team in the country.  Let alone the best.

55 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Oh ok one of those guys lol. Point is only a dumbass would want to argue that. Same thing when people talk about small town teams does a dumbass come out and compare them to the best teams in the country.

The only thing I’m comparing them to is if they are good or not which in this comparison they are not and only a dumbass would think they are

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, Texasball said:

I just finished rewatching last years state championship game.

Cosidering Newton is truly small town public HS with only 296 total students in the HS 9th grade to 12th grade -  They are my pick for most impressive team in the country.

The team I just watched was actually pretty young in 2017.  The 2018 team returns all the studs and over all they return 17 starters 9 on offense and 8 on defense from 15-0 team

I would like to compare this Newton team to the best small public schools in the country.

Maybe someone else can list the recruits from this team.

The RB Barlow#4 - 6-0 198lbs

this team has athletes all over the field and they are not small - The OL averages 240Lbs

See above my opening post for this thread.

not sure what the big deal is.  I was only comparing them to other small public schools.

Mart HS in Texas is also very impressive and they are actually smaller school than Newton with roughly 225 students in the entire HS.

To Red Zone - Yes Haynesville HS is also impressive in this regard.  I recruited Haynesville back in the day. Very impressive small school.  HFC Red Franklin and his staff also did good job.  I spent time with them talking ball when I was young coach just out of college.  Had LB from Haynesville that was complete stud!!

20 hours ago, Texasball said:

To Red Zone - Yes Haynesville HS is also impressive in this regard.  I recruited Haynesville back in the day. Very impressive small school.  HFC Red Franklin and his staff also did good job.  I spent time with them talking ball when I was young coach just out of college.  Had LB from Haynesville that was complete stud!!

Haynesville is a town of about 2,500 and it's 70% black...same with lots of small Louisiana towns.....Haynesville is 1A and if they had more depth they would look like a 3A or even 4A team most years. Haynesville still plays the larger schools here and holds their own.

The amount of ATHs these small town schools here have is ridiculous......Louisiana is just built differently.

Newton is 3A in Texas, they would be 2A in Louisiana.

Our Top 2A Public is the Many Tigers....they have 3 of the best players in the state on their roster of ATHs this year. 

Many is located on the Texas/Louisiana border....right in the middle of Toledo Bend Lake Country, you've heard of it, right?

• Like 1