Newton HS Texas

Texasball

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

3A Stephenville beat 4A Aledo 41-28 in 2012  Aledo went 10-2 - Stephenville won state

that same Stephenville team also beat two other 5A teams Ozen and Amarillo who went 10-4 or 4 rounds deep

Don't waste your time and effort.  Has no idea about Texas except YouTube and Google.  He will rant for 7 more pages on 3A Newton.  Incredible.  Looking forward to hitting the sidelines with you this year

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Old 4A Waco Midway (12-3) beat Old 5A McNeil (51-27

You clearly don't understand what's going on.

What steeler, and I, have said is that often times the best teams in smaller classes lose to mediocre or bad teams in larger classes.

One of the best teams in 4A (Midway) lost to a mediocre 5A team (Belton) by three scores.

Somehow, you think pointing out that one of the best teams in 4A (Midway) beat #3994 McNeil (1-9) is a refutation of that.

It's not.

The best team in 4A lost fairly easily to a mediocre 5A team. It doesn't matter if they also beat a bad 5A team. The point is that the best 4A teams wouldn't be among the best in 5A.

21 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Yeah, because it didn't have anything to do with the point I was making.

I know. I tend to stay on topic. Crazy, right?

In 2009 Longview was really a 5A school when they beat Allen. They moved up to 5A the next year (2010)......most people know this. 

2010 Allen beat Longview 24-20....so what?

These guys are over the map throwing everything they can out there just to try and prove a school with 250 students with 4 D1s is legit.

3A Stephenville beat 4A Aledo 41-28 in 2012  Aledo went 10-2 - Stephenville won state

Still doesn't have anything to do with the point we made.

All you've proven is that one of the best teams in 3A can sometimes win against an OK 4A team.

That Stephenville team also lost to Prepa Tech, which supports out point further.

2007 - game that I was standing on the sideline - I watched old 3A Crocket beat old 4A Kilgore

And, again, neither team was one of the best in their classification.

So an average 3A Crocket (8-4) beat an average 4A Kilgore (9-3).

Still no point made.

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

These guys are over the map throwing everything they can out there just to try and prove a school with 250 students with 4 D1s is legit.

They can't just come out and say that they love small school Texas football.

Nope.

They also have to demand that everybody else say that it's really good, too.

5 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

They can't just come out and say that they love small school Texas football.

Nope.

They also have to demand that everybody else say that it's really good, too.

These goobers say national high school polls are bogus, can't be believed. "Silly", as they put it.

Yet, they will absolutely throw everything they can think of out there to prove Newton is the best small school football in the nation.

Only on the internet.....

Only 5 more pages of stupidity on Newton.  9_9 As you can see like most Texans we don't give a damn. But it is truly entertaining.   And the main histrionic personality disorder nut is the most egregious with his rants.

I thought no one said they just love some small ball out in bEast Texas.  Talk about Newton playing 4A Texas schools and we get a discourse on Amite and some other damn games that caused a dude to spend 20 minutes looking up Texas scores. ¬¬  This is awesome.  This is awesome.

DevilDog    2,399

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • DevilDog
  • Members
  • 5,461 posts

Yeah they would be a handful for a lot of bigger teams.  They stepped up big time with those 3 4A powerhouses.  James Sylvester is a 6'4'' 225 Jr. Def End that is racking up offers from Bama to TCU.  Newton is stacked.  This is called an unusual public school with less than 300 kids home grown to have possible 7-8 DI kids when it is all said and done.  

@Horsefly Funny they look just like Dfield just missing that D on the Lid.   This features Sylvester.  But look at the size that LB #28.  This team is loaded.  Love me some bEast Texas Friday night Football.  

http://www.hudl.com/v/28N46J

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They have to pretend that they are seeing the best 2A and 3A football in the nation....

Just like they have to pretend that Allen's OOS exploits have been impressive.

Or pretend that Allen's defense shutdown Viera even though their QB threw for 330 yards.

When I think of our quality 2As and 3As battling John Curtis and Evangel for the better part of 2 decades I just laugh at these clowns. Newton has DONE NOTHING.

2007 Flashback when 2A St James (public) beat Curtis 16-14........5A Longview, TX beat Curtis that year 24-20 in Longview in the last minute. 

Curtis did win the rematch vs St James in the 2A State Champ game 28-14....., but St James did win district that year. One of few years Curtis did not. That was a strong little 2A District with Curtis and St James...

St James was lead by RB Luther Ambrose who beat Joe McKnight at state in the 100 meters with a 10.4 or something like that. St James had 11 or 12 sign that year....

St James bests Curtis 16-14

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

Just like they have to pretend that Allen's OOS exploits have been impressive.

Or pretend that Allen's defense shutdown Viera even though their QB threw for 330 yards.

Viera was hot garbage that year. Lost 5 times including multiple blowouts. 

Not every state finalist is created equal. 

For example, No one thinks for a second Baker County last year was a better team than Cardinal Gibbons 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

For example, No one thinks for a second Baker County last year was a better team than Cardinal Gibbons 

Of course 

Even guys in North Florida media will admit it

Only team in 5a North who wouldn't have gotten running clocked by AHP would probably have been Trinity Christian but they got upset against West Florida 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And yet they were probably better than the final 4 teams in the North in past 2 years

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, cutt54 said:

The only thing I would say about this is the fact a lot of these games happen at the beginning of the season. I know Aledo usually starts slow and we get better throughout the season. In 2009 we lost to Weatherford in non-district but if we played them in the playoffs we probably beat them. Some teams just have a better starts than others. 

This is cute but wrong.

The trend being shown here is clear: mediocre teams in bigger classes beat the best teams in smaller classes.