Newton HS Texas

Texasball

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

No, I watched the 2A TX champ game and Newton was pretty solid....that said.

I think every Southern state has some Newtons though.

Don't even respond to him,  the longer we ignore him the quicker he disappears into the lurker caves like the troll he is 

He just trying to feed off of attention because he doesn't get any in his mom's basement 

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Did you really just post a highlight of a 10 win Louisiana team beating a panhandle Florida team who missed the playoffs from 8 years ago? 

Holy smokes that's bat shit crazy. 

Do you not remember the thread I showed about the state of Louisiana all time vs the Florida panhandle? The FL panhandle owns the state of Louisiana. 

Poor nobill813's feelings hurt again...

And honestly I could care less what you do. Never have cared.

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah there is a chain when Florida won the national title but lost to Ole Miss who lost to some other team and it actually got down to Division 2. Lol. 

He actually thinks a random Division 2 team was on par with the Division 1 National Champion. He's freaking looney toons 

There was a chain in 2015 where some random Louisiana team was better than our 7a state champ

Shows how unreliable they are

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

There was a chain in 2015 where some random Louisiana team was better than our 7a state champ

Shows how unreliable they are

Not even almost.

when  a Louisiana State Champ locked horns in New Orleans with a 3rd round Florida loser the game ended with the 3rd round Florida loser beating the Louisiana State Champ by 2 touchdowns. Lol. 

And the Louisiana State Champ won their state title game 32-0. Lmao! 

Thats what happens when you don't play the Pace, Pine Forest and Choctaws of the world 

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not even almost.

when  a Louisiana State Champ locked horns in New Orleans with a 3rd round Florida loser the game ended with the 3rd round Florida loser beating the Louisiana State Champ by 2 touchdowns. Lol. 

And the Louisiana State Champ won their state title game 32-0. Lmao! 

Thats what happens when you don't play the Pace, Pine  Forest and Choctaws of the world 

Those 2 both used to be very good teams

26 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Those 2 both used to be very good teams

Not when Louisiana teams were playing them. I actually have the complete history for both teams. Pensacola, Escambia, Woodham, Pace and a bunch of the panhandle teams. They all did well vs Louisiana. 

Woodham used to club Louisiana teams all thru the 80's 

Louisiana got their skins beating the likes of Gulf Breeze who has never won a playoff game in 40 years up until the last few years 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

No, I watched the 2A TX champ game and Newton was pretty solid....that said.

@steeler01 had a post several years ago where he showed results between small school Texas state champions and mediocre schools from larger classes.

It was almost universal.

Texas 2A state champions would lose to average 3A schools.

Texas 3A state champions would lose to average 4A schools.

Texas 4A state champions would lose to average 5A schools.

This is supported by the fact that the Newton apologists are bragging about a win over #1094 Silsbee (7-5) simply because they are a 4A school.

Never mind that Silsbee lost to something called #3946 Little Cypress-Mauriceville by 20 points. Almost the same margin that they lost to Newton.

As you can see the Texans left the thread.  Please have @ it.  Pretty damn amusing.   All over 2A Newton.  Start an Amite or any other thread about your football and see how many of us flock to pollute it about Texas teams.  We don't comment on stuff we don't follow.  It's nice that so many OOS people are now experts on Newton. xD.  I am willing to bet only myself, Horsefly and TexasBall will be the ones that see them up close and personal this year.  But of course we know nothing about Texas Football.  Guccifer is my go to source on Texas.

Newton, Texas is now on the Map.   Let's see if you guys can get this to become a 10 page story on Newton. 

Texas Football Baby.    Newton will also probably pay in front of a bigger crowd in December than anyone in your State.  Since they are generating so much publicity in the State.

Despite Newton's remote East Texas location and a high school enrollment of 296, its talent pool rivals any in the state.

"We're known at Newton for winning," said junior running back Darwin Barlow. "Now, we're becoming known for talent."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

As you can see the Texans left the thread.  Please have @ it.  Pretty damn amusing.   All over 2A Newton.  Start an Amite or any other thread about your football and see how many of us flock to pollute it about Texas teams.  We don't comment on stuff we don't follow.  It's nice that so many OOS people are now experts on Newton. xD.  I am willing to bet only myself, Horsefly and TexasBall will be the ones that see them up close and personal this year.  But of course we know nothing about Texas Football.  Guccifer is my go to source on Texas.

Newton, Texas is now on the Map.   Let's see if you guys can get this to become a 10 page story on Newton. 

Texas Football Baby.    Newton will also probably pay in front of a bigger crowd in December than anyone in your State.  Since they are generating so much publicity in the State.

The ass Clown guccifer showed up.  Let’s start another thread as I had some comments about newton. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

The ass Clown guccifer showed up.  Let’s start another thread as I had some comments about newton. 

Wait sir. Let all the experts on Newton post first so I can get up to speed on them and be able to give you expert commentary. Even A MAGNET HS from La. made it into this thread. :D

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I am willing to bet only myself, Horsefly and TexasBall will be the ones that see them up close and personal this year.  But of course we know nothing about Texas Football.  Guccifer is my go to source on Texas.

One doesn't have to see them up close and personal to know where they stand.

There is over 100+ years of high school football history to pull from. There is an order to all of this and a 3A Texas school belongs near the bottom of that order.

Especially a 3A Texas school that counts 7-5 Silsbee as one its most significant wins. A Silsbee team that gave up 58 points and lost by 20 to something called Little Cypress-Mauriceville.

40 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Despite Newton's remote East Texas location and a high school enrollment of 296, its talent pool rivals any in the state.

That's your problem.

I've always known that Texas was an overrated state for high school football talent.

Now, you've just proven it.

Newton is good for their category. Small rural school with some top end talent. Can they go toe to toe with Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei etc? No. 

Can they compete with the SLC, Trinity, Allen, Katy's of Texas? Heck no. 

But that isn't what the Texans are saying. No one is selling Newton as a super power. They are being highlighted because it's not every day you have small rural schools with loads of talent like that. Small privates who recruit maybe but Newton is unique with only a few teams around the country who can match their situation. 

No reason to bash them. National powerhouses who recruit a dozen studs and play on TV aren't the only teams that are allowed to be discussed here 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Newton is good for their category. Small rural school with some top end talent. Can they go toe to toe with Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei etc? No. 

But that isn't what the Texans are saying. No one is selling Newton as a super power. They are being highlighted because it's not every day you have small rural schools with loads of talent like that. Small privates who recruit maybe but Newton is unique with only a few teams around the country who can match their situation. 

No reason to bash them. National powerhouses who recruit a dozen studs and play on TV aren't the only teams that are allowed to be discussed here 

Guccifer just likes to bash any team that doesn't start with St Thomas as 2/3rds of their name

Facts

45 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

exactly -- Newton is the poster child of what excites me about HS football along with many other small town Texas teams.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Guccifer said:

@steeler01 had a post several years ago where he showed results between small school Texas state champions and mediocre schools from larger classes.

It was almost universal.

Texas 2A state champions would lose to average 3A schools.

Texas 3A state champions would lose to average 4A schools.

Texas 4A state champions would lose to average 5A schools.

This is supported by the fact that the Newton apologists are bragging about a win over #1094 Silsbee (7-5) simply because they are a 4A school.

Never mind that Silsbee lost to something called #3946 Little Cypress-Mauriceville by 20 points. Almost the same margin that they lost to Newton.

texball said Newton is the best small school football team in the nation!

dd posted some Newton players photos for proof then they run to another thread. lol