Newton HS Texas

Texasball

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

No one is doubting Newton has 4 or 5 D1s......but, you act like no one has ever seen that before from a 3A school...

We have 2A public schools with that here, man.....2A!

Don't make me prove it. Just understand what Newton is.......a small school.

I totally understand that Newton is small school.  I am not impressed with them just because they have 5 D1 kids.   They have really good players beyond those kids.

They execute the game at high level and the overall team speed is very good.

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

IMO - these Louisiana teams IMO do not play at the level or actual have the over talent (all starters) as does the Newton team.

If one of these teams played Newton the game would look like Edna Karr vs Arlington Bowie or JOHN Tyler vs Warren Central

The Louisiana team can match D1 for D1 player - but can’t match the total package.

It's your internet.

It can be just what you want it to be.

I can throw some losses out there too. There is NO point.

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

IMO - these Louisiana teams IMO do not play at the level or actual have the over talent (all starters) as does the Newton team.

If one of these teams played Newton the game would look like Edna Karr vs Arlington Bowie or JOHN Tyler vs Warren Easton

The Louisiana team can match D1 for D1 player - but can’t match the total package.

6A John Tyler, TX beat 4A Warren Easton 45-10 Week 1

4A Edna Karr (NOLA) beat Warren  Easton 61-13 that year.

4A MD 35 (NOLA) beat Warren Easton 35-7 that year.

4A Monroe Neville beat Warren Easton 28-13.

What does it mean?

Freakin 2A Newton is the total package.

Sidenote: Warren Easton started a freshman QB vs John Tyler. That QB is NOW the 7th rated Dual threat nationally and a 4*.

Cajun - you started the pissing match.  You couldn’t just discuss the topic.  You had to down play the quality of this team.

my thoughts concerning Newton are the following

They are very impressive for the school size.

They have good athletes beyond the D1 kids 

They play and execute sound football fundamentals at every position group.

They return 17 starters from 15-0 team.

until I see different - I believe they are the best public school in the nation with 300 or less total students.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

6A John Tyler, TX beat 4A Warren Easton 45-10 Week 1

4A Edna Karr (NOLA) beat Warren  Easton 61-13 that year.

4A MD 35 (NOLA) beat Warren Easton 35-7 that year.

4A Monroe Neville beat Warren Easton 28-13.

What does it mean?

Freakin 2A Newton is the total package.

Sidenote: Warren Easton started a freshman QB vs John Tyler. That QB is NOW the 7th rated Dual threat nationally and a 4*.

The overall quality of teams do not start and stop with the few D1 kids team have.

Newton also started 2 soph in the OL last year.  This team was pretty bad ass last year and again they return 17 starters this year

Lets don’t act like some pretty small schools in Texas haven’t kicked ass vs Louisiana.

Gilmer stuck it on Richwood 39-0 to open the 2007 season.  Bastrop LA who was nationally ranked and considered to be one of the very best teams in Louisiana only beat Richwood 34-12.  Bastrop whipped Neville twice and ECA

Gilmer got whipped in the state final by team who may not have had legit D1 player Liberty Hill 38-13

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The overall quality of teams do not start and stop with the few D1 kids team have.

Newton also started 2 soph in the OL last year.  This team was pretty bad ass last year and again they return 17 starters this year

Lets don’t act like some pretty small schools in Texas haven’t kicked ass vs Louisiana.

Gilmer stuck it on Richwood 39-0 to open the 2007 season.  Bastrop LA who was nationally ranked and considered to be one of the very best teams in Louisiana only beat Richwood 34-12.  Bastrop whipped Neville twice and ECA

Gilmer got whipped in the state final by team who may not have had legit D1 player Liberty Hill 38-13

Good grief........you are over the map. Of course when you've struggled like you in this thread who can blame you.

Anyways just stop,  go out and get some ice cream. That's where I'm bringing my clan.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Your missing the point dip shit.  It has nothing to with Edna Karr

Bro  I told you that school is stacked and it's not just 4A elite they can play with.  We will discuss this further.  Good forum and giving Newton a shoutout.  @Nolebull813 can watch football with me here anytime and any place.  Dude is up on the quality of small ball here.  Carthage was a damn beast last year and finished the year ranked in the top 65 in the nation by Maxpreps.  Best Texas has a history of producing these type of teams with incredible players from these small schools and your are correct only some trumped up magnets or privates that are 2A would compete.  There is no public school in America Newton's size that would beat that team. Daingerfield, Gilmer, Carthage, WOS, Big Sandy, Pittsburg and now Newton.  bEast Texas speed, power and love for football.  Can't wait to see these kids this year.  My girl and I was talking about them and the 4A guys and she was like why are they playing a 3A team.  And I said I will let them answer that when we take our seats for Kickoff.  600 mile round trip here we come.  

I will show you how special this litttle team is.  Of the top 25 players in all of bEast texas.  

No. 1, 5, 7, 21, All are from Newton, That would include Longview, Lufkin and all the others down to Beaumont.  3 of the top 10 players in all of bEast Texas are from Newton.  And this is just the 2019 class they have more for 2020. 

The Newton Tigers. 

MDM-6179.jpg?w=980&q=75

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-25-no-1-tamauzia-brown-ath-newton/

Brown has more than 25 scholarship offers, but said Alabama, Oregon and TCU standing out the most to him. He doesn't anticipate making his commitment until August.

In many ways, Tamauzia Brown is a typical teenager.

He enjoys playing Fortnite, playing pick up basketball with his friends and of course, sleeping in his free time.

But anyone familiar with Texas high school football knows Brown is anything but typical. He stars on both sides of the ball at cornerback and wide receiver for Newton. He led East Texas with 12 interceptions during the Eagles' championship season in 2017. He's received offers from college football's premier programs.

Class of 2020 defensive end James Sylvester already boasts FBS offers as well. Brown said he and his teammates have talked about teaming up together in college.

“Yesterday, we were talking about all of us going to TCU," he said. "That’d be big for us. Just shock everybody.”

bEast Texas No 5   EAST TEXAS 25: NO. 5 DARWIN BARLOW, RB, NEWTON

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-25-no-5-darwin-barlow-rb-newton/

MDM-6865.jpg?w=980&q=75

Newton running back Darwin Barlow got the attention of East Texas with a breakout sophomore season. As a junior, his reach extended well beyond.

The Eagles’ standout has attracted some of the biggest college football programs in the country. The hard part will be saying “no” to all but one of those schools.

“(The most difficult part is) having to choose between the great coaches that you have a close relationship with,” Barlow said.

The Newton running back currently holds offers from 21 FBS programs — Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Utah, and UTSA.

Barlow considers all the options as blessings.

“Being able to go on visits and be able to choose from wherever you want (is the best part of my recruiting process),” he said.

Newton, which won the Class 3A Division II state championship last December, has four Division I recruits in the 2019 class. Offensive lineman Caiden Walker has already committed to Louisiana Tech, while ATH’s Tamauazia Brown and Josh Foster remain undecided.

MDM-8508.jpg?w=980&q=75

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-25-no-7-josh-foster-ath-newton/

The Newton ATH checks in at No. 7 on ETSN.fm’s East Texas 25, a list of the area’s top recruits in the 2019 class.

With his senior season of football inching closer, Newton’s Josh Foster just about has his mind up regarding where he wants to play college football.

“My mind’s pretty much made up,” Foster said. “I’m just talking about it with my family right now and making sure.”

Foster (6-0, 165), who has more than a dozen Division I FBS scholarship offers to his name, said he plans on committing either before or in the early part of this season.

With the bulk of 2017’s impact players returning, Newton will enter this season as the odds-on favorite to repeat as state champs.

A challenge Foster says he and his high-profile teammates are up for.

“We know we’re gonna get everyone’s best game so that’s why we’re working even harder than last year,” he said. “And knowing that we have a lot of players with D1 offers is motivation because now we’re expected to do great things, and that’s what we’re gonna do.”

This isn't some little football team out in bEast Texas.  

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-25-no-21-caiden-walker-ol-newton/

Walker said the program's history of turning out successful offensive linemen stuck out to him.

“Louisiana Tech is nice because they’re producing good offensive lineman and also winning most of their games," he said.

Walker (6-5, 285) said he is looking to add strength this offseason after being unable to work out for four months because of the surgery. He was finally cleared earlier this month and is back in the weight room.

Luckily for Louisiana Tech, strength will likely be the easiest thing to improve for Walker. Both Johnston and Walker described his game as "nasty," with Walker saying he likes to "body slam" opposing players. 

Caiden-Walker_Super-Team.jpeg?w=980&q=75

Yeah they would be a handful for a lot of bigger teams.  They stepped up big time with those 3 4A powerhouses.  James Sylvester is a 6'4'' 225 Jr. Def End that is racking up offers from Bama to TCU.  Newton is stacked.  This is called an unusual public school with less than 300 kids home grown to have possible 7-8 DI kids when it is all said and done.  

@Horsefly Funny they look just like Dfield just missing that D on the Lid.   This features Sylvester.  But look at the size that LB #28.  This team is loaded.  Love me some bEast Texas Friday night Football.  

http://www.hudl.com/v/28N46J

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

This isn't some little football team out in bEast Texas.  

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-25-no-21-caiden-walker-ol-newton/

Walker said the program's history of turning out successful offensive linemen stuck out to him.

“Louisiana Tech is nice because they’re producing good offensive lineman and also winning most of their games," he said.

Walker (6-5, 285) said he is looking to add strength this offseason after being unable to work out for four months because of the surgery. He was finally cleared earlier this month and is back in the weight room.

Luckily for Louisiana Tech, strength will likely be the easiest thing to improve for Walker. Both Johnston and Walker described his game as "nasty," with Walker saying he likes to "body slam" opposing players. 

Caiden-Walker_Super-Team.jpeg?w=980&q=75

Im surprised LA Tech even went after him...Seems like a good find.

"2A" Amite, La Offense

Best Offer to date: Commit Projection

3* QB-Tennessee

4* WR/DB/ATH-Alabama/LSU

3* WR-Tennessee

4* WR/DB-Auburn

I believe Amite will have 8-9 sign to play at the next level this year. I'm normally pretty close.

The Amite offense will certainly center around 4* ATH (#7 nationally) Devonta Lee who can do everything.

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonta-Lee-88552/

5* DT (#1 nationally) Ishmael Sopsher will lead the Warriors defense.  No one in Louisiana can block him, but I'm sure Newton, TX could. 😁

https://247sports.com/Player/Ishmael-Sopsher-88108/

Anyways, Amite and 3 or 4 other talented 2As here will battle it out. Amite is my pick to win 2A though in the Superdome.

Amite is 3-1 OOS with 1 decent win.....

In 2010 Amite beat 4A Pace, FL in Florida (13-12)......Pace ended 7-3 and missed the playoffs with a 3-2 district record, but Pace did beat some teams like Godby, Niceville, Escambia, couple others.    

Lincoln won Florida 4A that year and Niceville beat Lincoln in the Regular season (24-14)....Pace beat Niceville in the regular season 31-17. So Pace wasn't terrible.........all these teams are now 6A Florida.

Pace, FL 2010

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pace-patriots-(pace,fl)/football-fall-10/schedule.htm

I would say most years 2A Amite would compete very well in the 6A Panhandle...

What is Newton's claim to fame besides having 4 or 5 D1s and clubbing a bunch of teams NO one has ever heard of last year?

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Amite is 3-1 OOS with 1 decent win.....

In 2010 Amite beat 4A Pace, FL in Florida (13-12)......Pace ended 7-3 and missed the playoffs with a 3-2 district record, but Pace did beat some teams like Godby, Niceville, Escambia, couple others.    

Lincoln won Florida 4A that year and Niceville beat Lincoln in the Regular season (24-14)....Pace beat Niceville in the regular season 31-17. So Pace wasn't terrible.........all these teams are now 6A Florida.

Pace, FL 2010

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pace-patriots-(pace,fl)/football-fall-10/schedule.htm

I would say most years 2A Amite would compete very well in the 6A Panhandle...

What is Newton's claim to fame besides having 4 or 5 D1s and clubbing a bunch of teams NO one has ever heard of last year?

Did you really just post a highlight of a 10 win Louisiana team beating a panhandle Florida team who missed the playoffs from 8 years ago? 

Holy smokes that's bat shit crazy. 

Do you not remember the thread I showed about the state of Louisiana all time vs the Florida panhandle? The FL panhandle owns the state of Louisiana. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Did you really just post a highlight of a 10 win Louisiana team beating a panhandle Florida team who missed the playoffs from 8 years ago? 

Holy smokes that's bat shit crazy. 

Do you not remember the thread I showed about the state of Louisiana all time vs the Florida panhandle? The FL panhandle owns the state of Louisiana. 

And he used chains to make a argument 

Classic unreliable mistake

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

And he used chains to make a argument 

Classic unreliable mistake

Yeah there is a chain when Florida won the national title but lost to Ole Miss who lost to some other team and it actually got down to Division 2. Lol. 

He actually thinks a random Division 2 team was on par with the Division 1 National Champion. He's freaking looney toons