Newton HS Texas

Texasball

I just finished rewatching last years state championship game.

Cosidering Newton is truly small town public HS with only 296 total students in the HS 9th grade to 12th grade -  They are my pick for most impressive team in the country.

The team I just watched was actually pretty young in 2017.  The 2018 team returns all the studs and over all they return 17 starters 9 on offense and 8 on defense from 15-0 team

I would like to compare this Newton team to the best small public schools in the country.

Maybe someone else can list the recruits from this team.

The RB Barlow#4 - 6-0 198lbs

this team has athletes all over the field and they are not small - The OL averages 240Lbs

They would be 1A in Florida and from what I seen, only Madison County from 1A would have had a shot. And they got 600 in enrollment. 

2A is a de facto private school class and the only teams that would compete are Champagnat and Jax Uc. Both are closer in enrollment. 

Newton will prove they are the real deal against Silsbee, WOS and Gilmer. Definitely will keep up with them this year! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They would be 1A in Florida and from what I seen, only Madison County from 1A would have had a shot. And they got 600 in enrollment. 

2A is a de facto private school class and the only teams that would compete are Champagnat and Jax Uc. Both are closer in enrollment. 

Newton will prove they are the real deal against Silsbee, WOS and Gilmer. Definitely will keep up with them this year! 

Keep in mind that WOS and Gilmer are two classes bigger.

Gilmer has 688 enrollment 

WOS has 581 enrollment 

IMO right now this Newton team based on town/school size and being public school - may be the most impressive team that I have seen.

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Keep in mind that WOS and Gilmer are two classes bigger.

Gilmer has 688 enrollment 

WOS has 581 enrollment 

IMO right now this Newton team based on town/school size and being public school - may be the most impressive team that I have seen.

I've heard several people on the smoaky forum weigh in and say that rhe daingerfield  teams from a few years back were just as good as this newton team...thoughts?  

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

FU - I just watched the damn game.  I seen them with my eyes .  

Stop being Dick head loser! 

Why don’t you give good reply like Nolebull did.

Yeah, yeah, yeah your eyes....we shouldn't pay attention to bogus national polls, but we should salute Newton, TX?

We have plenty of Newton's on this side...

Grow up....

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah your eyes....we shouldn't pay attention to bogus national polls, but we should salute Newton, TX?

We have plenty of Newton's on this side...

Grow up....

You are damn idiot .  Name them - public schools under 300 students who you believe could take Newton.  Make your point little man

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

No one is doubting Newton has 4 or 5 D1s......but, you act like no one has ever seen that before from a 3A school...

We have 2A public schools with that here, man.....2A!

Don't make me prove it. Just understand what Newton is.......a small school.

They have good athletes around them too.

start posting public schools with less than 300 students that have great team play with 5 D1 kids that will be Senior’s this year.

Newton would be a small 2A in Louisiana. That's crazy.

2A Many, La compares to Newton. Amite, one of our larger 2As last time I checked has 6 prospects with SEC offers.

Here, Many, Union Parish, Amite and couple others are the favorites in 2A. I think Amite just has too much this year....

Many is working on a nice class.......5 with offers.

bandicam 2018-07-14 21-17-35-130.jpg

2A Amite vs 2A St Helena last year. St Helena is a public too and they were stacked last year....

Not a real clean video, but you can see the talent on both squads.....Amite in white is just scary for a small town school. St Helena is about 20 miles up the road from Amite.....

IMO - these Louisiana teams IMO do not play at the level or actual have the over talent (all starters) as does the Newton team.

If one of these teams played Newton the game would look like Edna Karr vs Arlington Bowie or JOHN Tyler vs Warren Central

The Louisiana team can match D1 for D1 player - but can’t match the total package.

• Haha 1