Week 14 Pick 'Em (Nov 25-25/Cnt'd from DJs site)

ECHS05

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

I really think people are just too low on Carol city.   They're record sucks, but they'd win states in every class save 7a IMO (STA).   At worst they'd be a toss up vs AHP (I'd favor them honestly and I'm from Broward).  

I agree... you can never pay attention to what a team did in their 1st couple games when you start getting into the season. And outside of those 1st 2 flukes, Carol City should have beaten Northwestern the 1st time. Ive been decided on Picking them all the way to the Championship since the playoffs started.

I dont think we should be saying Mainland wasnt as good as we thought... we should (well most of you all, not me) be saying that Carol City was better than we thought.

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Carol city is a prime example of how people get hung up on a teams record.I saw them as battle tested and talented that's why I picked them.

Same... the entire point of the regular season, more so the Pre-Region/Pre-League/Pre-District games, is to improve your team. To gain chemistry, find & fix weaknesses, and gear for the playoffs. Carol City did that very well. If some were holding those 1st 2 games vs Coral Gables & Oxbridge against them... they were mistaken. Look at what theyve done since & recently. Clearly they can play quality competition and win week in and week out. 

They thumped Lakeland 38-7,  Southridge 18-0, Miami Central 34-7, despite their record-a Norland team that can make you work for it... they lost to MNW on an absolute fluke at the end after leading the entire game, they then beat Northwestern 3 weeks later in the playoffs, and now they flattened what was an undefeated Mainland team, 33-7. 

• Like 1

An UNOFFICIAL updated Top 10 after Week 14 

1(tie). ATLien12x          17     189

1(tie). ECHS05              22     189

3(tie). Coletrain06        19     187

3(tie). OmahaVol          20     187

5. Sogahawg                 24     186

6. Hardhit1                    19     185

7(tie). Ararar            17            184

7(tie). Calpreps       20            184

9. ODM                      19           182

10. THS 2011            22          178