Early Contenders: Top 10 high school football games of the 2018 season

Eddyr2

Top 10 high school football games of the 2018 season  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you looking forward to the most next year?

• Narbonne (Harbor City, Calif.) @ St. Louis (Honolulu)
    • Chandler (Ariz.) @ Centennial (Corona, Calif.)
    • Grayson (Loganville, Ga.) @ Marietta (Ga.)
    • Folsom (Calif.) @ De La Salle (Concord, Calif.)
    • Central (Miami) @ St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
    • Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) @ Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)
    • Central (Miami) @ St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
    • IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) @ St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
    • St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) @ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)
    • IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) @ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Really? Because MD and the rest of the “fill  gap” schools would have beat the snot out of the “program’ school from GA.So what’s really better?

It's easy to say that when they never played.

Last year this could be true as Colquitt was on their down year. On the best years for the program school in Moultrie, that once in a gen bull would have gotten run off the field. 

xD

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Last year this could be true as Colquitt was on their down year. On the best years for the program school in Moultrie, that once in a gen bull would have gotten run off the field. 

xD

Refer to your first sentence.

GA the Charlie Zelenoff of HS football 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Related image

Yep. If you see a spa/massage parlor advertised on  the interstate with a sign that looks like a big thumbs up, they probably have happy endings. 

Tifton: The one stop shop. Spicy chicken sandwich combo from Bojangles, back rub and hand job at the lucky spa. Win Win WON situation there. xD

Bro...does it really say left @Adcock LMAO

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

Anybody can beat anybody....when they don't actually play them.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well by technicality if you don't play you can never concrete prove it couldn't happen

We can look at rosters, stats or even projections but if teams don't play we will never know for sure 

Mater Dei beat Colquitt last year. I think the words were, "beat the snot out of them", so we know it can happen. Right? Right!

xD

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Since we're taking pot shots at the boot leg massage parlor that got in trouble for secretly running a prostitution ring...

Lets talk about the knights meat market placed conviently close to the Courthouse... 

It was Knights Fish Market. It was a legitimate business. My families business was directly next door to it for years. We were in between the fish market and Wilson’s jewelry. Mr Charles was a really good man and had a big heart and took care of a lot of people around town that were less fortunate. I’m sure there are places you can knock in Moultrie .....that ain’t one of them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

It was Knights Fish Market. It was a legitimate business. My families business was directly next door to it for years. We were in between the fish market and Wilson’s jewelry. Mr Charles was a really good man and had a big heart and took care of a lot of people around town that were less fortunate. I’m sure there are places you can knock in Moultrie .....that ain’t one of them

Been to Knight's and bought fish, but more often sold him speckled trout back before the strict limits were placed on them.

After he retired the place was never the same and it didn't make it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

A place in Moultrie you could knock and i’d Laugh right with ya hmm..... How about. “ The Radio Ranch” lol @ORabid0ne @Rufus69 Did either of you frequent it back in the day

5 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

A place in Moultrie you could knock and i’d Laugh right with ya hmm..... How about. “ The Radio Ranch” lol @ORabid0ne @Rufus69 Did either of you frequent it back in the day

I heard you couldn't go in there and come out without blood on your shoes. Either yours, or some other poor drunk that got cut. 

I remember it being open, but, it was closed down by the time I was old enough to sneak in.

My sneak in choices ended up being the Moose Lodge in Moultrie and the Band Box in Nashville.

By the time I was actually old enough to go in and drink legally, I was already done with the bar/clubbing scene. 

Haha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

The BC Grayson game has me really intrigued. It will be one of the few time I will ever cheer for Grayson. It’s kinda like having to cheer for Darth Vader or the University of Florida...... as a rule of thumb you just don’t do it.

I agree. Grayson feels like the bad guy most of the time. 

When BC comes down, Grayson is the almost good guy. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Pops said:

What stripes me is what a good list of top national teams meeting each other 

this didn’t happen 5 years ago much less 10+

Seems to me that latest surge is directly linked to 4-6 teams ramping up to compete at academy level, including apparently liberal travel budgets, and their increased appetite to play each other and the other elite teams around country 

i don’t like the trend but can appreciate the bonanza of top matchups 

FIFY

10 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Did Knights close? Damn... 

20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm just saying, our way is better. 

The private model is by design transfer/stop gap. 

I wasn't really picking at the metro schools, although they come closer to the private school model than the program model. That is what it is. 

You say tomato, I say tomahto. 

My team that was playing together in 6th grade will beat the team that stop-gapped, most years.  

I'm not hating. Just calling it like I see it. :P

Except in a few cases in any given year, most of the Gwinnett teams *have* been playing together that long.  The guys that came together at Grayson in 2016 played together as youth, stayed in touch, and wanted to be together for a championship run.  Many of them were already here.  Chase was the QB in the those youth leagues.  We happened to be where they landed.  You can believe it or not, your choice, but it is the truth.  You can go back and look at team rosters/pictures to see it.

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm down with good football period. It's that much sweeter to me when we are able to win versus the metro schools though, because of understanding how much more went into Colquitt's success. 

See, I think that is your bias based on your experience talking again.  Everyone has biases so that's not a bad thing.  Exactly because there is a plethora of riches here makes it hard.  We don't get multi-generational support for the most part like y'all do.  Sure there are pockets, Buford possibly being one, but for the rest of Gwinnett not so much.  Of course there are exceptions to the rule but the truth is we have to start over every year or two as the juniors and seniors age out.  My youngest child graduated in 2012 and I am an anomaly still being involved to the degree I am.  The exceptions are those families with multiple kids coming along several years apart.  They stay in the program for a long time but once their youngest graduates, whoosh, they are gone.  We compete against so many other "entertainment" possibilities at times I'm surprised we have as many show up for games as we do.  When I grew up in the metro area, there was a similar excitement and buy in that I see in Colquitt and other single school counties (or two school, i.e. Valdosta and Lowndes) that I don't see now in Gwinnett.  Sure there are pockets of money here but there are a *lot* of kids getting free or reduced lunch and breakfast.  I support one of the food pantries here because there are so many kids that if they don't eat at school, they don't eat.  We try to make sure they have food over the weekends during school and food all week long when school is out.  It is a major challenge.

I guess the whole point of this is to say everywhere has challenges.  They aren't the same but they are none the less there and can be daunting to overcome.