GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS!!!!

AztecPadre

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

No they didn’t. Green got suspended that’s the only reason they lost 2 years ago. They won 73 f’n games without Durant. 

The greatest teams of all time don’t get pushed to 7 by this Houston team. Plus, the rockets would of won game 7 with Paul imo. 

I'm saying they are  " One of the greatest of all time ". Not saying they are the Greatest. When you look at the great team dynasties ( Lakers with Shaq and Kobe : Bulls with Jordan and Pippen; Celts with Bird, Mchale, etc.; Lakers with Magic and Kareem; Celts with Russel, Havlick, Jones bros, etc; ), every one of these teams had championship seasons where they went to multiple 7 game series during the playoffs. They also had singular championship season where they mostly swept everyone also. Last year's warrior's was in the conversation of being one of the greatest single seasons of all time. This year's  Warrior team is not playing anywhere near last year's level.. This Cleveland team is also not playing anywhere near last year's level also.

When you bring up the Warrior 73 win  " Regular " season, that was not one of the greatest teams of all time. They had a 73 and 9 record during regular season, and 13 and 9 playoff record. Playoffs are where teams are measured. That Warrior team was exposed ( bench was awful and overrated ), and all they had to rely on for their scoring was Thompson and Curry. Barnes was a complete failure as a go to 3rd option. Granted, Curry's knee injuries during playoffs was huge, and he never regained his form like he was in regular season, and Green's suspension arguably cost then the championship, but I highly doubt that same 2016 Warrior team would have been able to beat last yr's Cav team of Lebron and Irving. In fact, in my opinion, last yr's Cavs was the best Lebron team ever. They fired on all cylinders, only to run into a Team for the ages in the Warriors in the finals.  

4 hours ago, Bormio said:

I don’t mind the Warriors - but spare me from listening about or to Steve Kerr.  Talk about being born with a silver spoon up his ass.  Teammates with Jordan, falls into coaching team with most talent since old Celtics and Lakers.  And he thinks that because of that we care about his political opinions.

You could say the same about Phil Jackson or Pat Riley also.

5 hours ago, Bormio said:

It has become a 3 point league now.  The old Pistons would have broken Curry in half, buried him at mid court, and left a marker at the spot.

Because the league wants a team game,  not iso ball. Restricting what a team can do on defense isn't good for anyone

Not when the flagrant foul was implemented. If they play by 91 rules and on. The  Pistons get raped. If they play pre 91 rules Pistons might hurt someone. If they play by the 2001 rules and on,  the Warriors would kill the Pistons

The 70s was the roughest era in basketball, and George Gervin did just fine. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Couldn't stay healthy against the Warriors because of the scheme the Warriors run. He wasn't ready.

One of the stupidest things anyone posted on here.... take a bow. 

The warriors scheme caused paul’s Injury. Lmao. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The biggest gaff was trading away Chris Webber, when they had TMC. That team could have been special. Losing Gus Williams to Sonics was another loss.  Warriors  never had McHale.  It was Auerbach's genius to trade the # 1 pick to G.S. for Parish and the # 3 pick, which they then used for Mchale.  Warriors ended up with J.B. Carrol as the # 1 pick.  

You know your Dubs history! JB Carroll....SMH.

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

You know your Dubs history! JB Carroll....SMH.

Carroll's aloofness didn't help his perception.

I do remember scrimmaging East High when he was there, and he would lunge forward from the middle of the lane to block shots taken at the top of the key. Hadn't ever seen that before...figured there was enough space between shooter and defender to get that shot off.

Much like Denver Broncos coach Vance Joseph describing QB's Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch, Joe Barry Carroll "...is tall."

Image result for joe barry carroll denver east

On 6/6/2018 at 9:16 PM, CaliNorth said:

The biggest gaff was trading away Chris Webber, when they had TMC. That team could have been special. Losing Gus Williams to Sonics was another loss.  Warriors  never had McHale.  It was Auerbach's genius to trade the # 1 pick to G.S. for Parish and the # 3 pick, which they then used for Mchale.  Warriors ended up with J.B. Carrol as the # 1 pick.  

You are correct on McHale he never actually was a Warrior. JB Carroll, the perennially injured Boilernaker. I still like Chris “stereo man” Washburn as the best pick the Dubs ever made.

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2018 at 6:48 AM, Bormio said:

I don’t mind the Warriors - but spare me from listening about or to Steve Kerr.  Talk about being born with a silver spoon up his ass.  Teammates with Jordan, falls into coaching team with most talent since old Celtics and Lakers.  And he thinks that because of that we care about his political opinions.

The guy is not only a multiple NBA champion as a player, but now as a coach.  He is quite honestly the best, coolest and humble coach ever.  His political views only lifts him even higher in the worlds eyes.  The man can just about walk on water as far as I'm concerned. 

On 6/7/2018 at 7:10 AM, Bormio said:

It has become a 3 point league now.  The old Pistons would have broken Curry in half, buried him at mid court, and left a marker at the spot.

Maybe.  Unless he would run circles around them till the are left with no shoes, socks or chonies.  The guy is the perfect professional.  On and OFF the court.  He has such crazy moves that they would have to of tackled him in order to stop him.  No way they beat the Dubs.  No chance.  Well, maybe Jordan's teams, but that's about it. 

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Maybe.  Unless he would run circles around them till the are left with no shoes, socks or chonies.  The guy is the perfect professional.  On and OFF the court.  He has such crazy moves that they would have to of tackled him in order to stop him.  No way they beat the Dubs.  No chance.  Well, maybe Jordan's teams, but that's about it. 

Yawn, Padre loves the Dubs and got a mancrush on Curry. 

Awwwwwww.....

It’s good man, whatever makes you happy 

BGW

p.s. No way Dubs beat 80s champs with 80s rules.... pick any champ from 80s, doesn’t matter. 😎

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yawn, Padre loves the Dubs and got a mancrush on Curry. 

Awwwwwww.....

It’s good man, whatever makes you happy 

BGW

p.s. No way Dubs beat 80s champs with 80s rules.... pick any champ from 80s, doesn’t matter. 😎

Dubs whoop any 80s and 90s team. 

By double digits. 

4 hall of famers on one team. The best ever