Thomas Sowell is nation treasure...

Eddyr2

9 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I too was puzzled by the adoption of a captors religion.  However, having said that, at the heart of all major religions is a universal message of good.  The fact that in Christianity nearly no one practices and lives by what they are taught is another matter.  I'm not religious in the least but imho Jesus was an enlightened human, much like the Buddha, and his teaching has the opportunity for us to realize the same.  

Point is that imo we all should learn from such teachers.  Buddha,  Krishna, Jesus and Mohammod, along with many others all can teach us and lead us.  As long As we can filter out the bs.  And there is no shortage of bs and fairy tale.  

Love your post though.  Always learn something reading yours.  

Thank you sir.  I could go so much more deeper but I humbly give thanks to you for your reflections upon my retorts.  I never throw the 1st stone in any of these topics.  Best believe I don't just duck.  I try to throw one back with more force.  May Elaha grant Peace upon the name of the Teachers you referenced and grant you that same Salaam or Shalom (Peace)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

the only joke is you, you know nothing of the man, you denigrate those associated with Marxism not realizing Sowells, whom you are faking loyalty, followed Marxism at one point in his life.  Have you ever read any of his books? 

Thomas Sowell didn't even know white people had Blond hair till he moved to New York . What does that tell one about Racism in the South?   Thus they now applaud his rhetoric.  From his mouth:  A Personal Odyssey, Sowell wrote that his childhood encounters with white people were so limited that he did not know that blond was a hair color.

He came from an HBCU.  Ask them why that was the case .  Remember they think HBCU's are Racist. 

He took a Gov't Job.  Remember they hate the Government. 

He was an admitted Marxist. 

Now he talks down liberalism and projects their points of interest toward Black People and now he is a National Treasure.  You think they are building a bust next to Kanye West on the Hypocritical Mount Rushmore on Uncle Tom's Peak. :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

No, no, just put another egg on your hardy approbation of a "progressive"...You don't like other opinions that can diminish things and people you mention..."sometimes it bees like that"

I have no idea what you are trying to get across as you are not an euridite writer.  But that’s understandable:  

I have his book “black rednecks and white liberals”. I asked what you read of his so we can discuss. 

• Haha 1