Florida or Georgia

41 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Seriously, you really can't keep using the whole "no secondary" excuse since they made it to the state championship, playboy. 

Sure, the secondary might've been the most vulnerable area of the team, but overall, they were good enough to play in the championship. 

They only got there because they faced teams who couldn't expose the weakness they had

Look at last 3 years for bartram trail and what happened in the playoffs the moment they faced a team with speed

Columbia (Latrell Williams, Mike Williams, Dallon Washington)

Gave up 51 points and got running clocked out of the playoffs 

Lee (Derrick Jones)

Gave up over 60 points and got bounced

Venice (Jaivon heiligh)

Nearly had a running clock put up at state until Venice laxed off and let them back in the game 

Here's a heads up in case you wondering why teams from the north struggle at state (baker County, bartram trail, ect) 

Those teams are slow

North Florida teams, especially in rural areas are big dudes but slow dudes

That's why in 2015 we were able to crush teams like Lincoln and bartram trail in the playoffs but struggled with viera 

Viera actually had speed to match up with us, Lincoln and Bartram did not 

Escambia had speed and that is why they beat us in the regular season, Bolles did not have speed so we had no trouble beating them 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah. So Nevada > California .... And thats not just 1 game like you bring up... Thats like 15-20... Bc BG has raped half of SoCal and DLS recently.

Georgias #5: 35

Floridas #2: 3...

So by this evidence...  Florida wins #1 vs #1... But Georgia wins #2-#Infinity...

Thatd make Georgia better actually... 

GA is FL’s Norcal

except Norcal’s best has fared better against their FL

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They only got there because they faced teams who couldn't expose the weakness they had

Look at last 3 years for bartram trail and what happened in the playoffs the moment they faced a team with speed

Columbia (Latrell Williams, Mike Williams, Dallon Washington)

Gave up 51 points and got running clocked out of the playoffs 

Lee (Derrick Jones)

Gave up over 60 points and got bounced

Venice (Jaivon heiligh)

Nearly had a running clock put up at state until Venice laxed off and let them back in the game 

Here's a heads up in case you wondering why teams from the north struggle at state (baker County, bartram trail, ect) 

Those teams are slow

North Florida teams, especially in rural areas are big dudes but slow dudes

That's why in 2015 we were able to crush teams like Lincoln and bartram trail in the playoffs but struggled with viera 

Viera actually had speed to match up with us, Lincoln and Bartram did not 

Escambia had speed and that is why they beat us in the regular season, Bolles did not have speed so we had no trouble beating them 

Still made it at the end of the day. Better be glad they didn't win it all, too! Lol

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

GA is FL’s Norcal

Again... Evidence.

You'll see thats a lie (bc i know you know thats not true).

Your evidence was 1 game, theres 100s. You have to actually look. Ga vs Fl since 2000... Check it out.

Check out little stuff like 2001...  Parkview GA beats Valdosta GA 31-14 in the Quarterfinals. Parkview goes 15-0 and finishes #19 at USAToday. Lincoln FL finished 14-1, the FL 4A State Champs, and #7 at USAToday. Lincoln FLs only loss was to GA Quarterfinalist Valdosta 31-21. Lincoln beat St. Thomas Aquinas FL 28-20 in the State Title. STA was 14-1 also. They finished #16 (or 17?) at USAToday..... Why did those FL teams finish ahead of Parkview?

Go back and actually look. What you see may change your mind.

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Again... Evidence.

You'll see thats a lie (bc i know you know thats not true).

Your evidence was 1 game, theres 100s. You have to actually look. Ga vs Fl since 2000... Check it out.

Check out little stuff like 2001...  Parkview GA beats Valdosta GA 31-14 in the Quarterfinals. Parkview goes 15-0 and finishes #19 at USAToday. Lincoln FL finished 14-1, the FL 4A State Champs, and #7 at USAToday. Lincoln FLs only loss was to GA Quarterfinalist Valdosta 31-21. Lincoln beat St. Thomas Aquinas FL 28-20 in the State Title. STA was 14-1 also. They finished #16 (or 17?) at USAToday..... Why did those FL teams finish ahead of Parkview?

Go back and actually look. What you see may change your mind.

For my evidence I just say “look at the big SBG game history”

you have to tell me stories from 2001 about a transitive win 

#winning 

GA is FL’s NorCal is actually overstating GA based on relevant evidence not your power schools scheduling and beating winless FL schools as their marquee OOS games 

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

#winning 

GA is FL’s NorCal is actually overstating GA based on relevant evidence not your power schools scheduling and beating winless FL schools as their marquee OOS games 

What?

You're FOS Poopy. 

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

LA has a lot of really good athletes and some really good public school teams.  Both areas have very good private schools so I fell back on who has the better publics.  MD/DC area does have a very good brand of football but take out two or three of the top privates and that area becomes very mediocre.  Take out the top privates from LA and you still have very solid public school football.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah. So Nevada > California .... And thats not just 1 game like you bring up... Thats like 15-20... Bc BG has raped half of SoCal and DLS recently.

So by this evidence...  Florida wins #1 vs #1... But Georgia wins #2-#Infinity...

Bro I'll be first to admit 2012 was a very bad year for FL

When a garbage program like Gainesville was ranked top 5 in the state for most of the year you know the state was cold that year

If there was any year recently where GA had a argument for being better than FL it was 2012 but more times than not FL is the better state 

18 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

If they don't participate in the state playoffs then they aren't a state team

That also means isb isn't a FL team 

Seems like most people only don't want to count img because 99.9 % of the teams in the country can't beat them,  if img averaged 4-5 losses a year no one would have any problem calling them a FL team 

Not that I really care that much, but in my book if a team has 90% of their players from a state then they are a state team.  For example Folsom has a shit ton of Reno transfers so that team could be claimed by Nevada.

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

This post doesnt make any sense. I named atleast 3 reasons for IMG.

GISA teams are technically GA teams. I wasnt counting them in the CalPreps #s because they arent connected to the GHSA. And the GHSA consists of the real teams.

Why would you only select a portion of the teams in your state when doing analysis?  Pretty sure something like that would not fly in the corporate world. LOL

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Why would you only select a portion of the teams in your state when doing analysis?  Pretty sure something like that would not fly in the corporate world. LOL

You’re talking GISA and GHSA, correct?

GISA does not play GHSA and was some weird private school offshoot. 

GISA is not going to last much longer. 

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not that I really care that much, but in my book if a team has 90% of their players from a state then they are a state team.  For example Folsom has a shit ton of Reno transfers so that team could be claimed by Nevada.

Ik but my point was that I feel people would have no problem calling img a FL team if they averaged 4-5 losses a year 

Img being good is why people want them to not count 

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

But they are still GA 

Isb isn't a part of the FHSAA bc they are a independent

So if isb counts against FL then all the teams in GSIAA count against GA 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Bro I'll be first to admit 2012 was a very bad year for FL

When a garbage program like Gainesville was ranked top 5 in the state for most of the year you know the state was cold that year

If there was any year recently where GA had a argument for being better than FL it was 2012 but more times than not FL is the better state 

What about 2014 when buford beat stat champ trinity christian? was that a good year for florida?

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

MD/DC Is top heavy I've noticed a lot of private dominated states are like that. 

MD/DC has:

Dematha

Gonzaga 

SJC 

St.Francis 

Then who else could you really name...

I would add Good Counsel, McDonogh, and Spalding to that list. Even Wise and Damascus are capable teams. 

I would still have LA ahead of them overall. 

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Again with the NorCal crap 💩 

Not even close to being accurate. 

Why

use your words

It’s it’s not accurate it’s because NorCal does better against socal than ga does against FL

I know norcal led the big game SBG series for first decade (‘06-‘15) although socal on a run with their new super teams the last 2 years 

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I hear ya, but if your trying to rate your state then you should use every single 11 man football team to determine a states true worth.  If that were the case then every state would pick and choose who they want to use from their state to show how good they are.  Just my dos pesos. 

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Sorry lil buddy but the cutoff is 5 years. 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

GA is FL’s Norcal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Pops said:

#winning 

EN FUEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1