What every gym needs

ChimpGrip

13 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol people use 180s to lift ?? Shit I use them to anchor down my basketball hoop

180s for shrugs or individual 180 dumbbell for bent back row is more realistic. 180s on flat bench would be amazing feat for anything over 3 legit Reps. 

19 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’m in my mid 30s and it’s really hard to push the weight I used to.... 

I have huge bone spurs in both my elbows that will eventually have to come out and have L1-L3 problem in my back from deadlifting a lot of weight one day. Tried to do one more rep and my back went. Thank God I was dating someone at the time she had to put my socks on everyday for 2 weeks. I could barely get in and out of bed ....Hence  I’m retired from deadlifting. 

Did you have herniated discs?

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Do you think I have to juice up and gain many inches in height to be able to break Kirill Sarychev’s raw bench record one day? 

I’m only 5’8” ish, it seems all the strongest men are at least 6’0”

Short arms, big chest and you don’t have to push as far. Lol. 

I’m 6’3 with long arms so was always a struggle. Maxed at 505 bench. 

I think most if not all the monster lifters juice. 

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

Short arms, big chest and you don’t have to push as far. Lol. 

I’m 6’3 with long arms so was always a struggle. Maxed at 505 bench. 

I think most if not all the monster lifters juice. 

505 wow!

Yeah shorter distance but If i were taller, I could add on so much more weight, and compete with the giants. And I have the frame of a wide receiver, if that makes sense, and years of lifting had widened me. 

I also assume that to beat such a record one must be no lighter than 275? 

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Very impressive. 

Big diff between 10 Reps and 15 Reps with that weight! Lol 

how much did you weigh/height when pushing those lbs? 

Do you think a raw free weight 675x6 has been done on the incline? A guy who used to train me who did 650 in competition says he did.

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Do you think a free weight 675x6 has been done on the incline? A guy who used to train me who did 650 in competition says he did.

Maybe 650 for 1 rep? 

I would have to see it to believe it the 675x6 on incline. That’s just stupid weight. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Maybe 650 for 1 rep? 

I would have to see it to believe it the 675x6 on incline. That’s just stupid weight. 

He says he used to know Greg Kovacs (a gigantic lean 420 pound bodybuilder during the 90s who was insanely strong at most gym lifts). According to him, Greg could do 675x2-5 on incline for a warm up. 

And yes he did 650 for 1 on the flat bench raw and half way with 700. 

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’m 6”3 - 6”4 like NorCal .... it’s def not an advantage w longer limbs. 

I know but you can be so much bigger with height like that. I hate my height and frame. And i almost dislike being around guys that tall sometimes. Maybe I am woefully insecure.

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

I know but you can be so much bigger with height like that. I hate my height and frame. And i almost dislike being around guys that tall sometimes. Maybe I am woefully insecure.

Height isn’t everything. I was always jealous how much the shorter guys could squat. 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Maybe 650 for 1 rep? 

Agree. Some guys are stronger on different lifts, injuries, prior training, body type, etc. That’s crazy strength if so. 

My buddy from high school competed in some strong man comps. Dude has crazy strength, lot of bol intake. 

Robie Topie ( big time arm wrestler) was my Davila workout partner for 3-4 years. Dude had strongest forearms and biceps I’ve ever seen. Some videos of him online. 

We got drunk and arm wrestled one night at bar. Took me 2-3 mins to beat him...... I was using both arms. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I never would’ve put so much mass on if I could go back in time. I started lifting heavy after bad leg injury and couldn’t run any longer. Stay lean and mean would be my advice.