BREAKING: Grayson Foursome set decision date and details of those plans.

RedZone

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Look Im stating facts.

First let me say, I have 0 confidence in Graysons HC. The guy was a HC for ONE season ever (for an awful team) before Grayson hired him. (Can BCs new HC claim the same? No. Hes been a HC going on 14 years.)

Graysons new DC was Colquitts "Co-defensive coordinator" last year. Idk what he brings to the table but Graysons D is talented enough, and experienced enough playing together to where they should be pretty good no matter what. New defensive coaching staff or not.

---

I have less confidence in the offense, than the D. I believe the running game will be solid. Idk about the passing game. They have a couple good WRs. BUT last year their offense had no identity. It was sporadic and never had any rhythm. Sometimes they got lucky and put enough positive plays together to score a TD, but thats it. And their starting QB and play calling were the problems. They could never figure out how to play the kid, and he didnt seem to have a high football IQ. My bigger problem with that, is they didnt have anyone better than him last season.. So I doubt they do this season bc they havent brought anyone in... The kid that was going to transfer in was very good, but thats long gone and done with. Hes staying where he is.

The even worse part is, I think this team could be special with the right QB.

Relax, let the kids play. 

Let it go. 

Pretty obvious Owen Pappoe is going with Auburn over Georgia... Looking at the depth chart and who the 2 teams have brought in lately, you cant blame him.

Who Auburns brought in at OLB the last 2 classes...

4* OLB Zakoby McClain (Valdosta GA) - #13 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

3* OLB Chandler Wooten (North Cobb GA) - #21 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

3* OLB Josh Marsh (Decatur AL) - #82 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

= = = = = = 

Who Georgias brought in at OLB the last 2 classes...

5* OLB Adam Anderson (Rome GA) - #1 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

4* OLB Quay Walker (Crisp Co. GA) - #2 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

4* OLB Otis Reese (Lee Co. GA) - #5 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

4* OLB Jaden Hunter (Westlake GA) - #9 OLB Nationally, c/o '17

4* OLB Walter Grant (Cairo GA) - #11 OLB Nationally, c/o '17

All 5 of Georgias OLB signees the last 2 years have been better than Auburns best OLB signee in the same time period... So you cant blame him.

Pappoe is a special player though. And it sucks we cant seem to establish a pipeline from Grayson to UGA.

44 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

100 bucks says the ga posters reply with "uga " has so much talent they don't need anybody else". 

Look at the OLBers UGA brought in last year and the year before.. Compared to Auburn... Thats an easy choice for someone that,actually wants to be able to play... 

Who Auburns brought in at OLB the last 2 classes...

= = = = = = 

Who Georgias brought in at OLB the last 2 classes...

4* OLB Otis Reese (Lee Co. GA) - #5 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Look at the OLBers UGA brought in last year and the year before.. Compared to Auburn... Thats an easy choice for someone that,actually wants to be able to play... 

Who Auburns brought in at OLB the last 2 classes...

= = = = = = 

Who Georgias brought in at OLB the last 2 classes...

4* OLB Otis Reese (Lee Co. GA) - #5 OLB Nationally, c/o '18

I hear ya, but a real competitor who is confident in his skills, does not care who is there. He is ready and willing to compete for his position. Others take the easy way out, where there is no competition. Just my .02.

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya, but a real competitor who is confident in his skills, does not care who is there. He is ready and willing to compete for his position. Others take the easy way out, where there is no competition. Just my .02.

Not really.

If you like both schools... You go to where YOU will be the premier player. Kids say they dont care, but they do.

He has 3 of 2018s Top 5 OLBs a year ahead of him on the depth chart. And 2 2017 guys that were highly rated also.

Quay Walker, Adam Anderson, and Otis Reese are studs. Theres only so much room on the field for OLBs. Auburn had only signed 3 OLBs the last 2 years, and none of them were near as good as UGAs... Or as good as Pappoe. He'll start from Day 1 without question.

Is he afraid of competition? I doubt it. But going to Auburn.  hes all but assured a startly role from Day 1 where the D is literally built around him. 

It sucks to lose a player of his caliber, but it is what it is... 

He was favoring UGA for the longest ----- until it got down to Signing Day and UGA flipped both Quay Walker & Otis Reese...Thats right around the time he started favoring Auburn. Notice he said he'd been a silent commit for 3 months... NSD was about 3 months ago.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Lime Sink has set the over/under at...3...for the number of times these guys will flip before they actually sign.

Take THAT...Fred....(Smile)

Rufus>>

Never say never but I think these are pretty solid.  The announcements were in line with what I had heard for a while at least for some of them.  I guess we will find out next year.

8 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Dude, Grayson has three 4 star players and a 5 star in Owen. 

Grayson will have the 4 highest recruited kids on the field and again are at home. Being at home is a big advantage in these oos  games you know that. 

Norcross had all of that when BTW came in and beat them 55-0.

Stephenson is (was) constantly one of the most talented teams in GA and never won shit.

Trinity Catholic MO has a 5* and many 4*s and people are mocking them as an opponent for Colquitt. (They wont be after TC beats East St. Louis & Elder)

STA had twice as much talented as DBP both times they lost to them.

STA had had 10x as much talent as Centennial AZ when they lost to them.

--- the main thing about talent people need to understand... Its absolutely meaningless without atleast a half decent coach... And a Bad QB can completely ruin a very talented team. ---

Dont be ridic.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Pappoe is a special player though. And it sucks we cant seem to establish a pipeline from Grayson to UGA.

I've been told Kirby wants to work on that.  I think the automatic pipeline to Clemson has about played out.  Don't get me wrong, Clemson will still be in the play but just not as strong.

31 minutes ago, Fred said:

I've been told Kirby wants to work on that.  I think the automatic pipeline to Clemson has about played out.  Don't get me wrong, Clemson will still be in the play but just not as strong.

Is there another group of highly touted kids planning to transfer in together? If not, then Kirby shouldn't worry too much. With the current HC at the helm, I'd be surprised if any considered doing so.

31 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Is there another group of highly touted kids planning to transfer in together? If not, then Kirby shouldn't worry too much. With the current HC at the helm, I'd be surprised if any considered doing so.

And why do you think kids transferring in would make a difference.  The 4 that announced tonight didn't transfer in.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

So they were zoned in the Grayson district when they began 9th grade?

Oh snap!  They've been on the Grayson rosters as either 9 grade team, or in the case of Owen Papoe varsity as a freshman, or varsity - sophomore, junior, and senior years - for all of them.  As best as I remember, they played together at Bay Creek - the Grayson park - in GFL.  Don't take that to the bank but I believe it to be true. 

Want to try again?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Fred said:

Oh snap!  They've been on the Grayson roosters as either 9 grade team, or in the case of Owen Papoe varsity as a freshman, or varsity - sophomore, junior, and senior years - for all of them.  As best as I remember, they played together at Bay Creek - the Grayson park - in GFL.  Don't take that to the bank but I believe it to be true. 

Want to try again?

I know they all started high school at Grayson. Just inquiring on whether or not they were originally living in the Grayson high school district prior. OOD students do not have to live in that school zone to be eligible for sports if already attending prior to 9th grade. At least I believe that to be the case.

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I know they all started high school at Grayson. Just inquiring on whether or not they were originally living in the Grayson high school district prior. OOD students do not have to live in that school zone to be eligible for sports if already attending prior to 9th grade. At least I believe that to be the case.

Don't know and don't care.  Given as I said that I think they all played together in GFL at the Grayson park, I would think so but have no direct knowledge.  GHSA rule 1.11 says that "Students establishing eligibility as entering 9th graders are automatically eligible for the first semester unless over age."  I figured you knew this because of Chase.

• Haha 1