Texas Football Talk

Texasball

This team is gonna be loaded next year and are stacked with DI kids. Defending 3A Champs Newton Eagles.  Possibly the most talented team in all of Beast Texas next year..  They have more kids with DI offers in 2019 than Longview, Lufkin, Tyler Lee and John Tyler all 6A powers in Beast Texas.   They are not a bunch of little kids on a little bitty team either. 

Darwin Barlow, Newton, RB, 6-0, 200 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Utah, UTSA (20)

Tamauzia Brown, Newton, ATH, 6-1, 170 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Southern Miss, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, UTEP, UTSA (17)

Josh Foster, Newton, ATH, 6-0, 165 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, SMU, TCU, ULL, ULM, Utah, Vanderbilt (12)

Caiden Walker, Newton, OL, 6-4, 276 — offers from Louisiana Tech, ULM, UTEP (3)

James Sylvester, Newton, DE, 6-4, 215 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, SMU, Texas A&M (4) Only a Soph

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This team is gonna be loaded next year and are stacked with DI kids. Defending 3A Champs Newton Eagles.  Possibly the most talented team in all of Beast Texas next year..  They have more kids with DI offers in 2019 than Longview, Lufkin, Tyler Lee and John Tyler all 6A powers in Beast Texas.   They are not a bunch of little kids on a little bitty team either. 

Darwin Barlow, Newton, RB, 6-0, 200 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Utah, UTSA (20)

Tamauzia Brown, Newton, ATH, 6-1, 170 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Southern Miss, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, UTEP, UTSA (17)

Josh Foster, Newton, ATH, 6-0, 165 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, SMU, TCU, ULL, ULM, Utah, Vanderbilt (12)

James Sylvester, Newton, DE, 6-4, 215 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, SMU, Texas A&M (4) Only a Soph

Tyler Lee a power aight...😂😂😂

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

You got me on that one.  But they have the old O-line Coach from Gilmer and brother of former Buckeyes  Coach Traylor.  He will turn them around. Them Buckeye Folks only know how to win.  

Doesn't matter without the personnel...And John Tyler around...

They're already scrambling for 4th lol

Could be worse....they could be Sulphur Springs lol

40 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Doesn't matter without the personnel...And John Tyler around...

They're already scrambling for 4th lol

Could be worse....they could be Sulphur Springs lol

Sulphur Springs and Greenville both are terrible.   They could drop to 4A and still be terrible.

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Sulphur Springs and Greenville both are terrible.   They could drop to 4A and still be terrible.

Sulphur Springs is not in the greatest of situations....

That area just lacks talent...

They have absolutely no size up front on defense so they depend on outscheming their opponents and usually get outschemed...

They're ultra slow in the Secondary...West Monroe, LA DBs could lap them in track...

Their O-Line play is horrible...QBs running for their lives quite a bit...

They don't really run well between the tackles...

I remembered when SS played 4A Paris...Paris looked like the damn Arkansas Razorbacks compared to them..

Coaching (lack of) kept Paris from blowing them out...

Whoever their new coach is (Supposedly going after the Lindale guy)...He's gonna have his work cut out...

Greenville is similar....

They'll get a RB like Hale (TAMU-C RB now) and milk him until the cow's tits fall off because THEY CAN'T HIT THE OCEAN in the passing game...

3A Commerce could probably beat these guys now...

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Sulphur Springs is not in the greatest of situations....

That area just lacks talent...

They have absolutely no size up front on defense so they depend on outscheming their opponents and usually get outschemed...

They're ultra slow in the Secondary...West Monroe, LA DBs could lap them in track...

Their O-Line play is horrible...QBs running for their lives quite a bit...

They don't really run well between the tackles...

I remembered when SS played 4A Paris...Paris looked like the damn Arkansas Razorbacks compared to them..

Coaching (lack of) kept Paris from blowing them out...

Whoever their new coach is (Supposedly going after the Lindale guy)...He's gonna have his work cut out...

Greenville is similar....

They'll get a RB like Hale (TAMU-C RB now) and milk him until the cow's tits fall off because THEY CAN'T HIT THE OCEAN in the passing game...

3A Commerce could probably beat these guys now...

I am confused.  Seems like twice you have referenced that SS is looking for new coach.  I am pretty sure Greg Owens is not going anywhere.  IMO he is outstanding leader for SS and equally good HFC...they might not have the players at SS to be good right now...The coaching is not the problem.  He did win State Championship- give him some credit!

On 4/24/2018 at 12:16 AM, DevilDog said:

I used to work at a newspaper in SETX and covered them up until 2015. Newton always pumps out D1 athletes, Idk what's in the water there but it's amazing. Usually they'll have 1-3 a year, but things are aligning for them to repeat as state champs. As of right now, Newton's schedule is only 9 games for this season; they can't find a 10th game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

I am confused.  Seems like twice you have referenced that SS is looking for new coach.  I am pretty sure Greg Owens is not going anywhere.  IMO he is outstanding leader for SS and equally good HFC...they might not have the players at SS to be good right now...The coaching is not the problem.  He did win State Championship- give him some credit!

Hmmm...I'll check up on that rumor then...Until then Owens is HC atm.

And yes Owens did win state in 2008....in 4A...by Outscoring Everyone...

They weren't known for their defense then and definitely aren't now...He does get outschemed and the talent he has at the moment isn't good enough to recover from their mistakes...Especially in that blitz-heavy scheme they run...

It's not 2008 anymore and they're not getting those players...The new district won't help his cause either...

All that said...It's not all Owens fault...As I said earlier that area doesn't have the greatest of talent...

(Note:  I checked up on the rumor...situation changed and Owens will still be the HC..)

3 hours ago, DB4 said:

I used to work at a newspaper in SETX and covered them up until 2015. Newton always pumps out D1 athletes, Idk what's in the water there but it's amazing. Usually they'll have 1-3 a year, but things are aligning for them to repeat as state champs. As of right now, Newton's schedule is only 9 games for this season; they can't find a 10th game.

I am going to try and get down there to see them against 4A power WOS to kick off the season. 

On 4/23/2018 at 5:33 PM, Texasball said:

Little Longview Lobo football

As you can clearly see in this link , Texas has the most cattle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=which+state+has+the+most+cattle&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS791US791&oq=which+state+has+the+most+catt&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.27189j1j8&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Texas does not apologize for our quality of HS football.

stick around we get more cocky when our college teams are good.

The Longhorns will be elite pretty quick

Longview looks small.