Texas Football Talk

Texasball

55 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Desoto looked really good against  Horn during a preseason game.......

interested to see how Horn does against Allen.... but Desoto looks dominant 

This is interesting coming from you based on what you've said in previous years.  Desoto has tremendous size, how was their running game?

11 hours ago, State Champ said:

Man I hated the helmets last yr, I don't like #s on the side of  them and on just one side...or even both sides sucks

Yeah those weren’t true LT helmets. Did you catch the scrimmage last night? I heard Card was on point. I also heard there were two big drops, and the OL didn’t look great (because two starters were missing). 

Defense should be much improved from last year. Hopefully they drill Martin next week.

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yeah those weren’t true LT helmets. Did you catch the scrimmage last night? I heard Card was on point. I also heard there were two big drops, and the OL didn’t look great (because two starters were missing). 

Defense should be much improved from last year. Hopefully they drill Martin next week.

Wilson had like 4 TDs, ending with a one handed catch over a CB in the end zone. OL and running backs need some work. The CBs let a few long catches get bye them BUT the DL and LBs will stop that when the real game starts as the safety sat out. QB Card had a few over throws to some open guys or this would have been ugly. LT had 3 QBs and Card and the 2nd team guy are going to have a lot of yards this year it will be hard to stopped them.

1 minute ago, State Champ said:

Wilson had like 4 TDs, ending with a one handed catch over a CB in the end zone. OL and running backs need some work. The CBs let a few long catches get bye them BUT the DL and LBs will stop that when the real game starts. QB Card had a few over throws to some open guys or this would have been ugly. LT had 3 QBs and Card and the 2nd team guy are going to have a lot of yards this year it will be hard to stopped them.

When the starters from the OL come back they will improve and thus the running game too.  LT will be fine. 

37 minutes ago, rockinl said:

In their scrimmage last night, Longview  DESTROYED Texarkana Texas High 8 touchdowns to zero. This LOBO offense should be very special.

Lobo Football

To be fair the Lobos always smashes 5A Texas High.  But these Lobos suppose to be very tough.   bEAST Texas has a legit shot to win 3A - 6A State Championships.    Lobos are one physical bunch each year. 

6A Lobos

5A Marshall, Lufkin

4A Carthage, WOS, Gilmer, LE

3A Newton, Atlanta (dropped from 4A)

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I expected good things from this O, LV is loaded.  How did the defense look?

We will be "OK" on defense. Thats where we lost the most to graduation. D line and backers looked solid, DB's (AS USUAL) will be the soft spot. Dont know why we cant ever have more than 1 decent DB.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Are there any notable TX OOS games this year?

Aledo TX vs. Bentonville AR (9/8 ; @ Shreveport LA ; BotB)

Trinity Christian TX @ Florida A&M FL (8/31)

Greater Atl. Christian GA @ Prestonwood Christian TX (9/7)

Bishop Dunne TX @ Evangel Christian Academy LA (8/31)

Evangel Christian Academy LA vs. Duncanville TX (9/15 ; @ SMU) 

Byrd LA vs. Bishop Dunne TX (9/8 ; BotB , @ Independence Bowl)

John Curtis LA vs. Bishop Lynch TX (9/6 ; BotB, @ Independence Bowl)

Longview TX @ Ruston LA (9/21)

Mansfield Legacy TX @ Jenks OK (8/31)

Lake Ridge TX @ Union (Tulsa) OK (8/31)

Mansfield TX @ Broken Arrow OK (8/31)

Mansfield Timberview TX Bixby OK (8/31)

Mansfield Summit TX @ Page OK (8/31)

Fort Worth All-Saints TX vs. Cache OK

East (Salt Lake City) UT @ Allen TX (9/7)

Fort Worth All-Saints TX @ Garfield WA (8/31)

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Aledo TX vs. Bentonville AR (9/8 ; @ Shreveport LA ; BotB)

Trinity Christian TX @ Florida A&M FL (8/31)

Greater Atl. Christian GA @ Prestonwood Christian TX (9/7)

Bishop Dunne TX @ Evangel Christian Academy LA (8/31)

Evangel Christian Academy LA vs. Duncanville TX (9/15 ; @ SMU) 

Byrd LA vs. Bishop Dunne TX (9/8 ; BotB , @ Independence Bowl)

John Curtis LA vs. Bishop Lynch TX (9/6 ; BotB, @ Independence Bowl)

Longview TX @ Ruston LA (9/21)

Mansfield TX @ Broken Arrow OK (8/31)

Mansfield Timberview TX Bixby OK (8/31)

Mansfield Summit TX @ Page OK (8/31)

Fort Worth All-Saints TX vs. Cache OK

East (Salt Lake City) UT @ Allen TX (9/7)

Fort Worth All-Saints TX @ Garfield WA (8/31)

John Curtis and East is the only recognizable schools. Neither is top 50 schools. 

31 minutes ago, Kalven said:

John Curtis and East is the only recognizable schools. Neither is top 50 schools. 

All 3 of these are recognizable and 2 are National Powers each year mostly

Mansfield TX @ Broken Arrow OK (8/3

50 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

ECA is not recognizable 

Bentonville is not recognizable

what rock has this dude been under.

19 hours ago, rockinl said:

We will be "OK" on defense. Thats where we lost the most to graduation. D line and backers looked solid, DB's (AS USUAL) will be the soft spot. Dont know why we cant ever have more than 1 decent DB.

Longview defense may be "ok" early on but by November I anticipate them being one of the better defenses in 6A particularly in the forced turnovers department. 

Longview just needs to make sure they aren't in any situation where they are kicking a last second FG in my mind. The kicker they have this year is actually good but that program is cursed and it doesn't matter how good of a kicker they have. If they can avoid that, Longview will win it all this year.

18 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Longview defense may be "ok" early on but by November I anticipate them being one of the better defenses in 6A particularly in the forced turnovers department. 

Longview just needs to make sure they aren't in any situation where they are kicking a last second FG in my mind. The kicker they have this year is actually good but that program is cursed and it doesn't matter how good of a kicker they have. If they can avoid that, Longview will win it all this year.

I saw clips from the scrimmage that were posted on the Texas site and the LV offense (both running and passing game) looks to be on point.  That QB is special. 

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I saw clips from the scrimmage that were posted on the Texas site and the LV offense (both running and passing game) looks to be on point.  That QB is special. 

It’s coach Kings son - He is 2020 recruit .  Already has SEC offers  from Auburn and Arkansas 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 1:09 PM, DevilDog said:

Cal preps has Oklahoma as best state after two weeks.Jenks and Union usually play tough against Texas.Whats your take on the Texas teams they’re playing?