Another FL shooting

Columbiafan

33 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

For me personally I dont want any. Too much stress. Overall it's just too much. And so that is a decision that needs to be made individually 

I agree with you on that.

Not knowing you I respect your opinion without having a view as to whether you would be a good parent or not. 

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I agree with you on that.

Not knowing you I respect your opinion without having a view as to whether you would be a good parent or not. 

I would not be in the sense that I dont have the patience or the energy to keep up and do what needs to be done. 

9 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

The social structure such as the family dynamic started to crumble with the womans march. They wanted all this equality and to go to work and such and the kids were left to crumble. 

Image result for trump saying wrong gif

Necessity has sent most women to work. It all too often takes both parents working to pay the bills. Sometimes, both parents working and still food stamps etc. This gets ignored in these "family unit" debates.

My wife and myself both had to work when my son was little. A daycare was the only option for the first few years. Great lady. Anyway, I had to buck up, and find a way to keep her home to raise our kid. I've always been blessed making a pretty decent living, but, in the current economy, and as far as the eye can see into the future, a vast majority of people won't be so lucky or able. 

The answer from many on here... McDonald's isn't meant to be a permanent job. 

Well, everyone isn't going to be a college grad. What are their options? Everyone can't be a skilled tradesman either. What are their options? 

Anyhow, this is way off topic. Columbiafan made a great point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Extended family can help here or good neighbors...

Tough situation, wife and I made a pact, one parent always at home with kids, it is what it is... we made it work.

Until my kid was in 3rd grade, my wife and I high fived each other between 4 and 5 o' clock weekdays. Around that time my career put us in position that she could be a full time mom. Tough home life like that. 

It was better than the first couple of years where the nice day care lady had him from 7 to 3 most days. 

Everyone isn't blessed to be able to work it this way. The economy and wage averages aren't allowing the "traditional" family to exist anymore. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Until my kid was in 3rd grade, my wife and I high fived each other between 4 and 5 o' clock weekdays. Around that time my career put us in position that she could be a full time mom. Tough home life like that. 

It was better than the first couple of years where the nice day care lady had him from 7 to 3 most days. 

Everyone isn't blessed to be able to work it this way. The economy and wage averages aren't allowing the "traditional" family to exist anymore. 

We pretty much had our careers started, or my wife did... I was making more cheddar at the time my firstborn came around. My firstborn had complications at birth and my background working with special needs and cpr, first aid training that a prerequisite for working with special needs made me the "chosen' parent, also I opened my carpentry business for sidework (weekends and evening service calls).

From there it evolved to purchasing homes and remodeling for resale and rental, then we added a 501-3c to provide housing and support for single moms with children... these moms were basically homeless, we cycled 5 or six families through, until they were able to go on their own. Average stay was about 18 months. We did that until my youngest entered high school... then we went to rentals. High school activities, travel ball etc and eldest kid in college trumped the  501-3c financially. Couldn't afford it even with the tax breaks and the IRS really scrutinized everything done on the 501-3c end,

Basically we made it work and the kids came through unscathed... hahaha. The eldest graduated on academic scholly and the youngest is finishing up grad school on athletic scholly, because a medical redshirt got the extra year in and is going to pay for that last year of grad school.

Just a matter for the stay at home to evolve, I was lucky and the wife has done well in corporate 100 company through out.

I went into this dissertation for the youngsters on this board. There is hope it will all work out.:)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We pretty much had our careers started, or my wife did... I was making more cheddar at the time my firstborn came around. My firstborn had complications at birth and my background working with special needs and cpr, first aid training that a prerequisite for working with special needs made me the "chosen' parent, also I opened my carpentry business for sidework (weekends and evening service calls).

From there it evolved to purchasing homes and remodeling for resale and rental, then we added a 501-3c to provide housing and support for single moms with children... these moms were basically homeless, we cycled 5 or six families through, until they were able to go on their own. Average stay was about 18 months. We did that until my youngest entered high school... then we went to rentals. High school activities, travel ball etc and eldest kid in college trumped the  501-3c financially. Couldn't afford it even with the tax breaks and the IRS really scrutinized everything done on the 501-3c end,

Basically we made it work and the kids came through unscathed... hahaha. The eldest graduated on academic scholly and the youngest is finishing up grad school on athletic scholly, because a medical redshirt got the extra year in and is going to pay for that last year of grad school.

Just a matter for the stay at home to evolve, I was lucky and the wife has done well in corporate 100 company through out.

I went into this dissertation for the youngsters on this board. There is hope it will all work out.:)

Dilly Dilly! 

My wife, while smart, wasn't in a corporate career, so, grinding hard at waitressing and various other jobs as supplement to my income kept us above water "most" of the time. 

There is always hope. You have to be a go getter for sure, and having skills is almost a must. Making smart moves after that financially once you have some finances and are able. 

• Like 1