Serious question....

HSFBfan

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

As a man who counts West Africans among my ancestry, I am hard put to see any benefits from slavery. Yes, your ancestors may have benefited (maybe not as you may be descended from more recent immigrants). At least some of mine did not.

As a man who also had a Jewish Grandmother, I am hard put to see anything good that Hitler did for the Jewish peoples that lived in Germany or any of the countries he invaded. 

Those were some pretty f***ing, racist statements you made, and I am gonna call you out on them!

Thats fine call me out. Doesnt impact me one bit as you just made my point and I appreciate that

My family did not benefit from slavery as they did not come til the early 1900s. Also remember blacks were not the only ones enslaved around the world. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I said try talking about any difficult or touchy subject without being called a racist. You come back and say your going to call me out. 

Okay. So you are a racist. As was said in Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." I will give you credit for one thing, though. You don't mask your views. For that reason, I have entertained you ... 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Okay. So you are a racist. As was said in Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." I will give you credit for one thing, though. You don't mask your views. For that reason, I have entertained you ... 

You can perceive me anyway you want too. That is up to you. I come from a very mixed family where I have spanish and black relatives. It doesnt bother me to be perceived by people however they want to look upon me. 

But also I have not given my opinion on any of those subjects. Im just saying there are views that are never talked about in schools for fear of retribution. Teachers and admin dont want to deal with parents so its the same crap in school every year. They will never look at the flip side of anything. But as the saying goes the victor goes the spoils and we only look at the winning side perspective

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

You can perceive me anyway you want too. That is up to you. I come from a very mixed family where I have spanish and black relatives. It doesnt bother me to be perceived by people however they want to look upon me. 

I perceive you based on your own words. I have no reason to believe that you are insincere.

But for the record, I will not reciprocate the hate. You are just a mixed up young man. I wish you well. I really mean that.  

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I perceive you based on your own words. I have no reason to believe that you are insincere.

But for the record, I will not reciprocate the hate. You are just a mixed up young man. I wish you well. I really mean that.  

I dont hate you. I just want people to look at the other side. And your already shutting down that discussion because of a emotional personal views. And that  was one of the points I brought up. There is no such thing as an open discussion

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

"Benifits of slavery".......Ask all those democrats who wanted to keep it, killed Lincoln and still want them enslaved through the "Great Socirty" BS and social programs that enslave...Want to push idiots through the govt school system that is dumming down all students and never demand accountability, send to Planned Parenthood, whose hated blacks and reward out of wed lock mothers with more money for every child....I could go on all but will stop here....

WTF yet again. 

Lay off the vitamins. 

Just now, noonereal said:

It set a bottom class that ensured even the Irish, German, Italian would have advantages over. 

As generations build over time we still benefit. 

Every civilization other time has their low class middle class and upper class. Irish were treated like shit by the English. Im sure I can find some country that treated Germans like crap. Again though we only look at the perspective of the victors. Never the other side. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Every civilization other time has their low class middle class and upper class. Irish were treated like shit by the English. Im sure I can find some country that treated Germans like crap. Again though we only look at the perspective of the victors. Never the other side. 

But by virtue of skin color the Germans, Irish... enjoyed much greater opportunity that they have  built on over the generations. 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont hate you. I just want people to look at the other side. And your already shutting down that discussion because of a emotional personal views. And that  was one of the points I brought up. There is no such thing as an open discussion

My views are based on who I am. Am I supposed to thank the English for enslaving some of my forefathers? Hardly. But that does not mean I hate the English as a people.

For the record, I respond to people the way they respond to me. If you show me hate, I will first try and avoid you if that's feasible and does not come at great personal cost. However, if its' not feasible, and you greet me with hostilities, I will defend myself. 

My views are based on who I am. Am I supposed to thank the English for enslaving some of my forefathers? Hardly. But that does not mean I hate the English as a people.

For the record, I respond to people the way they respond to me. If you show me hate, I will first try and avoid you if that's feasible and does not come at great personal cost. However, if its' not feasible, and you greet me with hostilities, I will defend myself. 

Im not coming at you with hate or any kind of hostility. For one we are completely off topic as usual. 

No the irish and blacks should hate the English for treating both like shit. 

Ill say it again. Why cant we have an open discussion from the other side. We discuss politics from 2 points of view all the time. Does this not apply to other subjects? Isnt part of free speech to discuss both sides of the coin on all subjects?

No the irish and blacks should hate the English for treating both like shit. 

It is an unhappy circumstance of being human that we, as humans, tend to treat others that are also human, less than humanely when the power relationship is skewed in our favor. Perhaps one day we will get past this, and perhaps not.

Blindly hating others whether they were your oppressor or those you oppressed, does not advance us as a species. 

• Like 1

It is an unhappy circumstance of being human that we, as humans, tend to treat others that are also human, less than humanely when the power relationship is skewed in our favor. Perhaps one day we will get past this, and perhaps not.

Blindly hating others whether they were your oppressor or those you oppressed, does not advance us as a species. 

Seems like some will not get over the fact of something happening 200 years ago. But again until people really want to have an open discussion about all subjects then how can we have true education in this country?

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Seems like some will not get over the fact of something happening 200 years ago. But again until people really want to have an open discussion about all subjects then how can we have true education in this country?

I am not sure how your response relates to what I said. I don't know that discussing the benefits of slavery will help "some to get over the fact of something happening 200 years ago" as you describe it.

Perhaps having an open discussion about what it means to be American and who qualifies to lay claim may be more fruitful. 

I am not sure how your response relates to what I said. I don't know that discussing the benefits of slavery will help "some to get over the fact of something happening 200 years ago" as you describe it.

Perhaps having an open discussion about what it means to be American and who qualifies to lay claim may be more fruitful. 

Because its contrasting viewpoints and out of contrasting viewpoints you cover both sides and you learn. I would love to sit down with both sides and talk to someone whose relative was a slave in the south. And I would like to sit down with an ancestor of an abolitionist. I think that would make for some fascinating dialogue. 

Same with WW2. I would like to sit down with a Nazi if any of them are still alive and get their perspective and than someone whose family died or was at the death camps. 

Understand what im saying

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, I can certainly attest to, if the both of us had help at an earlier age, we wouldn't be here talking about this shit!

Not sure what you mean

Why do we have so many students that need help? It really frustrates me to see the amount of money spent on these kids