The Ol’ Head Ball Coach is back in the game

Bormio

8 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Dont go based on UCF beating Auburn in some meaningless bowl game. If Auburn played Ucf in a game that mattered I would bet Auburn would win. 

You would bet that because you don’t know what you are looking at when you watch a football game.  UCF was the better team last year, and without a doubt a better team than UF last year as well.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Dont go based on UCF beating Auburn in some meaningless bowl game. If Auburn played Ucf in a game that mattered I would bet Auburn would win. 

First off that is ridiculous 

If auburn didn't want to play they should have declined the invite 

They showed up and they lost

Ucf was better team,  period. 

Also i thought ucf was better than UF before they ever took the field with auburn

Michigan 
Tennessee 
Kentucky 
Texas A&M
Georgia
Missouri 
Florida State

This was list of games Florida played that i watched all of or at least 3 quarters of 

I also watched parts of 

Vanderbilt 

LSU 

South Carolina 

I saw UCF play

USF 

Memphis  (conference championship)

Auburn (bowl game)

UCF was clearly a better team than UF 

UF struggled to escape bottom feeders like Kentucky and Tennessee, got blown out by a average Michigan team,  got blown out by average Missouri team,  got crushed by a good Georgia team 

UF was unimpressive the entire season and despite being filled with talent they had no clue how to use it 

9 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

UCF's defense was on point in that game, totally negated Auburn's speed and athleticism imo.

I'm dropping this one to lack of coaching on Auburn's staff.

Aubeurn didn't look like they belonged in that game.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

UCF's defense was on point in that game, totally negated Auburn's speed and athleticism imo.

I'm dropping this one to lack of coaching on Auburn's staff.

Aubeurn didn't look like they belonged in that game.

And for that very reason they should just accept they got beat

These sec people need to stop making excuses, if auburn wasn't trying that's their damn fault 

No auburn wouldn't have won a game that mattered because they had a chance, they chose to play the game,  if it didn't matter to auburn they should have stayed home and let someone else take the bowl invite 

Auburn played ucf and lost

Ucf was the better team 

14 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I disagree with you on this. The Broncos and their management destroyed Tebow. Tim was never going to be a prototypical QB. He was what he was and had shown the ability to win. You can give me all the stats in the world. If you can't win, it does not matter. 

I call bologna.

The 2011 season in Denver was one of a kind. It was interesting as hell. And Tebow was definitely right in the middle of it. I'm not a fan of Tebow as an NFL QB, but he certainly deserves some credit for what happened that season.

After Tebow became the starter in the middle of the season, the Broncos won 4 OT games and another 2 on late 4th Quarter drives. I'd be surprised if that has ever happened before, including games in which the kicker hit 50 and 50+ yard fields goals to send the games to OT or for the win, and a game in which Tebow was 2-7 passing. The bottom line is the Broncos won, and I give Tebow plenty of credit for that. But sustaining that success in the NFL is highly unlikely, particularly after looking at other stats.

Despite gaining the most Rushing yards in the league, the Broncos offense was #23 in overall yards that year. Tebow completed less than 50% of his passes, for an average of 125 yards/game. Their 3rd down efficiency, a significant indicator in evaluating a QB, was 30th in the league. Tebow was not a long-term answer for the QB position.

He's a winner and a fighter and a leader. I just don't see the winner part having any longevity as a QB in the NFL.

35 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I call bologna.

The 2011 season in Denver was one of a kind. It was interesting as hell. And Tebow was definitely right in the middle of it. I'm not a fan of Tebow as an NFL QB, but he certainly deserves some credit for what happened that season.

After Tebow became the starter in the middle of the season, the Broncos won 4 OT games and another 2 on late 4th Quarter drives. I'd be surprised if that has ever happened before, including games in which the kicker hit 50 and 50+ yard fields goals to send the games to OT or for the win, and a game in which Tebow was 2-7 passing. The bottom line is the Broncos won, and I give Tebow plenty of credit for that. But sustaining that success in the NFL is highly unlikely, particularly after looking at other stats.

Despite gaining the most Rushing yards in the league, the Broncos offense was #23 in overall yards that year. Tebow completed less than 50% of his passes, for an average of 125 yards/game. Their 3rd down efficiency, a significant indicator in evaluating a QB, was 30th in the league. Tebow was not a long-term answer for the QB position.

He's a winner and a fighter and a leader. I just don't see the winner part having any longevity as a QB in the NFL.

the Yankees are pretty sucky so far this year. :(

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

And for that very reason they should just accept they got beat

These sec people need to stop making excuses, if auburn wasn't trying that's their damn fault 

No auburn wouldn't have won a game that mattered because they had a chance, they chose to play the game,  if it didn't matter to auburn they should have stayed home and let someone else take the bowl invite 

Auburn played ucf and lost

Ucf was the better team 

Like... as a SEC fan through and through... this post is on point.

Furthermore it wastes the victory over Bama as a fluke.

• Like 1