Active Shooter YouTube Headquaters

DevilDog

Just now, HSFBfan said:

But again it doesnt. so lets just move on. Ive proved that cops will work for pretty much anything you give them. Nothing beats 22.5 years and than retirement with a pension. Guys line up everyday to become cops. Like I said were certainly not going to agree. 

I suggest you look up the stats instead of believing individual stories.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

I suggest you look up the stats instead of believing individual stories.

Again were not going to agree. Guys like you put way too much stock into formal education. So hmu in another thread and maybe well agree on something. i doubt it but maybe

If you don't take stock in education, something is off....................way off.........................

I think education is good for somethings in terms of an education in a formal setting but for somethings nothing beat common sense. why do you think you can become a cop with 60 college credits. You dont need some crazy education in a classroom at some college. They have the academy they will teach you what you need to know in a very real world application setting. If you wanna become a doctor get your education. If you wanna be a cop get your 60 credits join the force and have the force pay for the rest of college if you wanna finish. 

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

In Ca, you can't in most places. Some departments have this as a minimum, but because of the high pay, you need a bachelors just to be competitive.

That is the difference.

Exactly so you can get on the job with 60 credits. What about the guy who just wants to be a street cop for 20 years? he can get on the job and stay at the bottom rung correct? Not every guy wants to be a boss or be as you call it competitive. There are guys because I know a few that want to stay as a PO and take orders for 20 years and retire. 

Do you remember your college years? If so other than getting laid and partying do you remember getting anything out of it?

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

You can't. There are 10k other people applying with bachelors degree.

You can apply. But you have zero chance.

So its not civil service in the cities of CA? Where you take a test and they go based upon the score? See in NYC its based upon a score you get on the civil service test. Only when you get on the job and want to get promoted does your education background come into play

You can, pending you meet the minimum requirements. The problem is that there are literally thousands of applicants for a small amount of jobs. Most have advanced degrees.

thats the difference between NYPD and everywhere else. NYPD has 30k plus jobs. If you score a 70 or higher on the test you are going to get called. Then you gotta pass the physical and the psychological as you probably know than on to the academy. Pass all that you become a PO. then you have to take the test to get promoted. But lets say to be a sergeant you need a BS and you dont have it obv you cant move up. See what I mean. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

thats the difference between NYPD and everywhere else. NYPD has 30k plus jobs. If you score a 70 or higher on the test you are going to get called. Then you gotta pass the physical and the psychological as you probably know than on to the academy. Pass all that you become a PO. then you have to take the test to get promoted. But lets say to be a sergeant you need a BS and you dont have it obv you cant move up. See what I mean. 

NYPD is not representative of the entire U.S. Not a good example.

They need to take lower educated people because they have so many jobs to fill. Every other place, it is not like that.

NYPD is not representative of the entire U.S. Not a good example.

They need to take lower educated people because they have so many jobs to fill. Every other place, it is not like that.

Yes obv. Thats why I was confused of what you were saying. Now I understand. When the job are few they want more qualified. And the NYPD is still one of the if not the most respected departments in america

Pure opinion.

NYPD has had as many scandals and bad acts, as everyone else, if not more.

When you find people you can find scandals and bad acts. Thats true across all professions. Now im gonna get back to a movie im watching until another thread i wanna comment in comes up

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

You did not comply, rather tried to change the contest and message.

as usual, I have no clue what you are talking about

.A few of you leftnuts attempt that in the benign effort to avoid the message and deflect..

the board requests you use the proper vanacular

please refer to those that are not wingnuts as left loons 

your "compliance" is appreciated

• Haha 1