DLSPops: You were right

ECHS05

Im not often wrong... but when I am, Ill admit it.

In a discuss on CalPreps... you made the comment that, if a team loses to an undefeated team, said team cannot pass the undefeated team in CalPreps rankings/ratings even if technically they should by way of Performance ratings.

I disagreed and didnt believe that to be the case, although I did say I wasnt 100% sure. 

Turns out you were right, Pops. Ive been doing some very close watching and can give you 2 examples right off the bat of a team that SHOULD be ahead of the undefeated team that beat them, but isnt... the losing team is always .2 points behind the undefeated team...

For what its worth, I dont like this... It will definitely hold teams back... 

Here are the 2 examples:

66. Roswell : 61.4 .... 68. Colquitt Co.: 61.2 ---- Colquitt has been killing it lately and Roswell hasnt been so much...so Colquitt is stuck behind Roswell until they lose ... theyll be tied at the hip til 1 loses...

Next example:

278. Stockbridge: 50.6 .... 289. Mays 50.4 ..... again .2 points, Mays should be well ahead of Stockbridge, but Stockbridge hasnt had the best schedule so its held them back and Mays is paying the price of losing to them 35-34... although Stockbridges schedule is gonna pick up now that they are in the 5A Quarterfinals But Until Stockbridge loses, Mays is tied to them.

I have a feeling this is going to come in to play with Glynn Academy (at 42.3) not being able to pass Benedictine (at 44.8) soon. Benedictine plays in 2A... so they wont have quite the same rising opportunities as Glynn Academy in 6A. In fact if Glynn Academy beats Northside-WR this coming Friday, they should/will catch Benedictine. Glynns schedule outside of like 2 games has REALLY held them back, but thats about to change. 

• Like 4

The Btw... just to document so some can see what I mean...

Mays(50.4) is playing Tucker (52.3)

Stockbridge (50.6) is playing Griffin(37.9)

The minimum PR Mays can achieve is 52.3+15=67.3... but Id imagine itd drop some bc Tuckers 52.3 will drop if they lose... so lets guess and say a 63.5 is the minimum PR Mays can gain for that game after the adjustments.

Stockbridges maximum would be 37.9+29=66.9...but Griffin would fall after losing so after adjustments well guess and say a 63 is about the maximum Stockbridge can get as a PR rating if they win by 29. 

Chances are Stockbridge wont win by that much, and if both win Mays will almost assuredly gain the higher Performance Ratings... and youll see they probably should pass Stockbridge. But they wont.

Add up the total points from the Black Game  Performance ratings for each team, and divide by that #...and you should get something close to their current rating. Do that before & after their games this week to see the difference... and how much more Mays shouldve gained on them.

As for the other teams...

Roswell (61.4) is playing North Cobb (55.2)

Colquitt Co  (61.2) is playing Grayson (73)

AND... these 2 arent that close yet... but will be...

Glynn Academy (42.3) is playing  Northside-WR  (56.7)

Benedictine (44.8) is playing Pepperell  (34.7)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Last week after East won states,  they were rated #34 and DLS was #51.   East is currently #19, DLS #20.   

What happens if DLS beats the winner of SJB-MD?!   :o  :D    

Excellent question. As is often the case, I don't know the answer. Do you think DLS would beat East today?  If so/not does it matter as far as rankings go? 

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

We'll likely see that even with a loss... expect the winner of SJB-MD with CP's playoff boost to have a power rating a tad below USC's FBS.   Even if DLS loses by a little more than that 15 pt barometer, they and East would likely move up.  

What happens to Easts power ranking when we beat DLS 70-0 

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Last week after East won states,  they were rated #34 and DLS was #51.   East is currently #19, DLS #20.   

What happens if DLS beats the winner of SJB-MD?!   :o  :D    

Not going to happen.  There is a huge skill gap this year, between DLS and the Top Trinity League teams

1 minute ago, The Stache said:

Not going to happen.  There is a huge skill gap this year, between DLS and the Top Trinity League teams

That may be true. But if there is one thing we have learned the past few decades is that DLS has a system. No doubt MD and SJB have more talent. Doesn't matter since DLS plays a system that will keep them in the game. Another thing that DLS is the master of is peaking in the playoffs. You can throw out how they played in September. I can assure you that an MD or SJB victory over DLS is not a foregone conclusion. 

On 11/23/2016 at 6:25 PM, ECHS05 said:

The Btw... just to document so some can see what I mean...

Mays(50.4) is playing Tucker (52.3)

Stockbridge (50.6) is playing Griffin(37.9)

The minimum PR Mays can achieve is 52.3+15=67.3... but Id imagine itd drop some bc Tuckers 52.3 will drop if they lose... so lets guess and say a 63.5 is the minimum PR Mays can gain for that game after the adjustments.

Stockbridges maximum would be 37.9+29=66.9...but Griffin would fall after losing so after adjustments well guess and say a 63 is about the maximum Stockbridge can get as a PR rating if they win by 29. 

Chances are Stockbridge wont win by that much, and if both win Mays will almost assuredly gain the higher Performance Ratings... and youll see they probably should pass Stockbridge. But they wont.

Add up the total points from the Black Game  Performance ratings for each team, and divide by that #...and you should get something close to their current rating. Do that before & after their games this week to see the difference... and how much more Mays shouldve gained on them.

As for the other teams...

Roswell (61.4) is playing North Cobb (55.2)

Colquitt Co  (61.2) is playing Grayson (73)

AND... these 2 arent that close yet... but will be...

Glynn Academy (42.3) is playing  Northside-WR  (56.7)

Benedictine (44.8) is playing Pepperell  (34.7)

200_s.gif

I have comne to the conclusion you have an impairment.