Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Looks like he's one of the top QB's from the class of 2021. Folsom also recently got St Mary's top CB Asar Moore (3 star). 

This year's game with DLS keeps getting more interesting by the second. 

Or less interesting 

Folsom already has all the horses — DLS suiting up the Contra Costa County Parochial School all-stars and Folsom adding out-of-state national elite recruits 

• Haha 2

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive lineman Myles Murao checked out UCLA on Saturday and said the Bruins are making a strong impression on the talented athlete.

Murao is one of the top offensive line prospects in the country and is currently rated the No. 55 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite. He started at right tackle as a sophomore, moved over to left tackle as a junior and probably projects best as a guard or center in college.

Murray is a plus athlete and one of the most technically sound lineman in the nation. He has tremendous feet and balance and does a great job getting to the second level and making a block on a linebacker or safety. He’s a gifted pass blocker and Georgia signee and top five national prospect Nolan Smith called Murao the best lineman he ever faced at the end of the season.

Murao suffered a tough leg injury late in his junior season when he was rolled up on from behind while pass blocking and broke his fibula. He’s expected to miss most of the spring and summer as he recovers but was recently cleared for work outs and is ahead of schedule in his rehab.

On the recruiting front, Murao took a visit to UCLA on Saturday and the Bruins have made up some some ground in this one.

“That was the first time I visited in about a year and it was great,” Murao said. “UCLA is really recruiting me hard right now, ever since the beginning of February, they have really stepped it up. I watched practice, talked to coach Frye and coach Kelly and did a photo shoot.

“Coach Frye is a great OL coach, he was doing drills that I’ve never seen before. I love the way he coaches and I can see how he would improve my game. He told me they run a pro-style offense and he can develop me and help me get to the next level. Coach Kelly was great too and told me I would fit in really with my former teammates there.”

UCLA signed Mater Dei safety William Nimmo and tight end Michael Martinez as part of the ’19 class and offensive lineman Chris Murray started as a true freshman this past season. Murray started at right guard, next to Murao two years ago as part of one of the best offensive lines in state history.

“I talk to Chris all the time and he loves it there, like he really loves it,” Murao said. “He had a great freshman year and it looks like he’s going to be way more consistent this year too. He’ll be more comfortable and used to the speed of the game so I’m excited to see him.”

USC has been a mainstay in Murao’s recruitment and they’ll be his next visit.

“I’ll be at USC this weekend (May 23rd) for their Elite Junior Day,” Murao said. “I still feel really good about them and have a good relationship with the coaching staff. They were a young team last year but I think they’ll be really good this season and should bounce back when those young players get more comfortable.

“I like coach Helton a lot and I have a good relationship with coach Drevno (OL coach) as well. I talk with him all the time, he’s my main recruiter and I like him a lot.”

As for other visits, Murao said he would like to check out a few more schools this off-season but doesn’t have any thing planned right now.

“The other schools I’m talking a lot with are Washington, Michigan, LSU and Oregon,” Murao said. “I’ve been to Washington and loved it there but I haven’t seen the other schools yet. They’re all great schools and hopefully I can visit all of them. I may take an early official to one of them this spring but I don’t have anything planned right now.

“Elias (Ricks) talks up LSU a lot and tells me I need to go check them out. I’ve heard great things about it there so I definitely want to visit. I’ve heard great things about Michigan and Oregon as well and I have really good relationships with the coaching staffs there so I would love to visit. I'm not planning to make an early decision right now. I want to wait until after my season so I can be sure of my decision. It's a huge decision obviously and I don't want to rush it."

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive lineman Myles Murao checked out UCLA on Saturday and said the Bruins are making a strong impression on the talented athlete.

Murao is one of the top offensive line prospects in the country and is currently rated the No. 55 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite. He started at right tackle as a sophomore, moved over to left tackle as a junior and probably projects best as a guard or center in college.

Murray is a plus athlete and one of the most technically sound lineman in the nation. He has tremendous feet and balance and does a great job getting to the second level and making a block on a linebacker or safety. He’s a gifted pass blocker and Georgia signee and top five national prospect Nolan Smith called Murao the best lineman he ever faced at the end of the season.

Murao suffered a tough leg injury late in his junior season when he was rolled up on from behind while pass blocking and broke his fibula. He’s expected to miss most of the spring and summer as he recovers but was recently cleared for work outs and is ahead of schedule in his rehab.

On the recruiting front, Murao took a visit to UCLA on Saturday and the Bruins have made up some some ground in this one.

“That was the first time I visited in about a year and it was great,” Murao said. “UCLA is really recruiting me hard right now, ever since the beginning of February, they have really stepped it up. I watched practice, talked to coach Frye and coach Kelly and did a photo shoot.

“Coach Frye is a great OL coach, he was doing drills that I’ve never seen before. I love the way he coaches and I can see how he would improve my game. He told me they run a pro-style offense and he can develop me and help me get to the next level. Coach Kelly was great too and told me I would fit in really with my former teammates there.”

UCLA signed Mater Dei safety William Nimmo and tight end Michael Martinez as part of the ’19 class and offensive lineman Chris Murray started as a true freshman this past season. Murray started at right guard, next to Murao two years ago as part of one of the best offensive lines in state history.

“I talk to Chris all the time and he loves it there, like he really loves it,” Murao said. “He had a great freshman year and it looks like he’s going to be way more consistent this year too. He’ll be more comfortable and used to the speed of the game so I’m excited to see him.”

USC has been a mainstay in Murao’s recruitment and they’ll be his next visit.

“I’ll be at USC this weekend (May 23rd) for their Elite Junior Day,” Murao said. “I still feel really good about them and have a good relationship with the coaching staff. They were a young team last year but I think they’ll be really good this season and should bounce back when those young players get more comfortable.

“I like coach Helton a lot and I have a good relationship with coach Drevno (OL coach) as well. I talk with him all the time, he’s my main recruiter and I like him a lot.”

As for other visits, Murao said he would like to check out a few more schools this off-season but doesn’t have any thing planned right now.

“The other schools I’m talking a lot with are Washington, Michigan, LSU and Oregon,” Murao said. “I’ve been to Washington and loved it there but I haven’t seen the other schools yet. They’re all great schools and hopefully I can visit all of them. I may take an early official to one of them this spring but I don’t have anything planned right now.

“Elias (Ricks) talks up LSU a lot and tells me I need to go check them out. I’ve heard great things about it there so I definitely want to visit. I’ve heard great things about Michigan and Oregon as well and I have really good relationships with the coaching staffs there so I would love to visit. I'm not planning to make an early decision right now. I want to wait until after my season so I can be sure of my decision. It's a huge decision obviously and I don't want to rush it."

He is going to ✌️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ararar said:

I didn’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️Thanks 

Texas Prep Football players: Coach I want to play on national tv in elite OSS games..

Texas Coach: get out of here with that kind of talk...

Texas Prep Football player: oh okay...how do I get on the i-10 West from here?

• Haha 5