Some California news

Ararar

5 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

NorCal team making trying to make some noise?

Menlo-Atherton, winners of the CIF 3AA title last year, has put together a very interesting pair of non-league games for 2019.  According to MaxPreps, they will be traveling to play East (SLC) and Folsom.  Last year, they lost in Colorado to Valor Christian, 27-0 (which lead to a QB change).

The Bears have WR Tony Franklin, who could be the top junior in NorCal.  Their QB will likely be a sophomore, who lead M-A to a come-from-behind victory in the CCS D-I Open title game against Wilcox (who is playing Pittsburg this fall).  The Chargers won the CIF 3A title in 2018.

Located in Atherton, CA (for SoCal peeps, think San Marino and you get an idea... median household income is about $250K with only about 7000 people), I suppose one could claim they've got the money to travel.  There is a large Polynesian population in the Menlo/Atherton/San Mateo region of the Bay Area.  Aside from this public school, there are two private schools also located in Atherton (Sacred Heart Prep and Menlo).

I can't say how 100% accurate MaxPreps is at the moment, considering they've also listed, as an opponent of Santa Margarita, Stellar Prep from Oakland.  There's no way that could be right... at least I hope not.

And the coach resigns at MA

To the M-A Football Community -

Thank You. Thank you for the amazing 9 years I have spent as a Menlo-Atherton Bear. I've had the opportunity to join a special community, and I've grown up myself before you during my time as an assistant and head coach of the football program. I've spent the longest period of my life here at M-A, and this community truly feels like home to me. It's meant everything to me, and I've poured everything I've had in my heart and soul into it.

This has been the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but I will be stepping down as the head football coach. Simply put, I can't manage my day job and career alongside M-A Football anymore to do the job I know I need to do. M-A Football has grown tremendously the last four years, and it is a testament to our success as a program the time commitment it now requires. I've spent my time recently trying to find a way to make the two work together, but I've come to the reality recently that I simply can't manage work and football anymore. M-A Football has been my passion these last 9 years, and having the chance to work with the youth of this community has been the most enjoyable thing I've ever done.

While I'll be stepping down from the commitment being a head coach requires, I hope to be able to have some role in the program still moving forward. I can't give the daily commitment of a head coach, but I hope I can still commit some time to helping the kids reach their potential on the field, in the classroom, and in life. I will always be available for whatever I can give to help the youth of our community.

The school will begin their search for a new head coach immediately, and they will hire someone who can take the program to the next level from the foundation we have built. I know there will be a transition, but I ask that our community stay together and remember that it's the community and the kids buying into our core values that got us here...not any coach. The future of M-A Football is bright and will continue to shine for many years to come thanks to such a special community.

I want to thank all of you for playing such a special part in my life. These 9 years are something I will never forget. I can't wait to see the continued future success of the M-A Football program.

Forever Go Bears

Coach Adhir

• Like 2

On 3/5/2019 at 9:45 PM, THEOC89 said:

Rumor is that 3 or 4 of them will be transferring back to their local public schools to finish out their Senior Year...🤣

Sorry... I couldn’t help myself!..🤣🤣🤣

The coloring of California on the the Championship Plague would suggest regional, not State.

2 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I'm just trying to make them sound like a real Trinity League team though. hahaha

My coaches at El Toro used to call them Mission Pendejo, then they all became MV coaches and won a bunch of titles there too. lmao

ET back in the day was legit.

73FB2B71-CE25-46B4-9765-A03B140E77E9.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Cossacks said:

ET back in the day was legit.

73FB2B71-CE25-46B4-9765-A03B140E77E9.jpeg

I was on El Toro's last CIF Championship team in 1995. ET had a run of 3 of the best QB's in OC history in a row with Bret Johnson, Steve Stenstrom and then Rob Johnson. I don't think they had another QB of their caliber until 2011-12 when Conner Manning lit up OC. And obviously, haven't had anyone at that level since. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I was on El Toro's last CIF Championship team in 1995. ET had a run of 3 of the best QB's in OC history in a row with Bret Johnson, Steve Stenstrom and then Rob Johnson. I don't think they had another QB of their caliber until 2011-12 when Conner Manning lit up OC. And obviously, haven't had anyone at that level since. 

Stenstrom had a good career at Stanford. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Stenstrom had a good career at Stanford. 

A great one. He left their all-time leading passer and a bunch of other passing stats. I think he set some Pac-10 records too. He had a brief career in the NFL starting some games. He's the reason Rob Johnson played WR until his senior year of HS. 

I played with his younger bro, Jeff, who tragically died after his freshman year at Cornell. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

A great one. He left their all-time leading passer and a bunch of other passing stats. I think he set some Pac-10 records too. He had a brief career in the NFL starting some games. He's the reason Rob Johnson played WR until his senior year of HS. 

I played with his younger bro, Jeff, who tragically died after his freshman year at Cornell. 

How did he die?

28 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.oakschristian.org/admissions/tuition-fees

35K or so for new students.  

Live on campus (boarding) fee, yowza.  

So I guess either Pulic HSFB Coaches are not doing so bad these days?!?!.. 

Or Maybe Being a 300LB Top offensive lineman Transfer qualifies you for Financial Aid so you can embark on a “Christian Education” That will lead to “Academic Advancement”.... 🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Looks like he's one of the top QB's from the class of 2021. Folsom also recently got St Mary's top CB Asar Moore (3 star). 

This year's game with DLS keeps getting more interesting by the second. 

I figured this was big news. Glad I was able to share it. 

11 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Looks like he's one of the top QB's from the class of 2021. Folsom also recently got St Mary's top CB Asar Moore (3 star). 

This year's game with DLS keeps getting more interesting by the second. 

Good get for Folsom.  Y'all will soon need to transfer in some wr's and rb's too after this coming year. 

• Like 1