Some California news

Ararar

On 3/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

FIFY

I can get on board with this. The second half of the Streak was pretty dominant. Many big time D1/NFL. Although, still very talented, IMHO DLS would have taken most of its Streak losses prior to ‘98. Ya know, before Glory laced ‘em up😎.

• Like 1

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco quarterback DJ Uiagalelei wasn’t able to work at Sunday’s Under Armour All-American Camp but was still on hand to support his teammates.

St. John Bosco had close to 20 players working out at Sunday’s SoCal UA AA Camp. One player on hand who wasn’t able to throw was the Braves standout quarterback. Uiagalelei, rated the No. 6 player in the country in the 247Sports Composite, No. 3 by 247Sports, suffered a hand injury on his non-throwing hand a month ago and had to shut things down right as baseball season was kicking off.

Pottery Barn
PAID CONTENT BY POTTERY BARN

Healthy Ways To Work

See how adding a few key pieces to your home office can increase productivity and make you feel better.

“It was a total freak accident,” Uiagalelei said. “I cut my hand on my medicine cabinet in my bathroom and actually needed surgery for it but I’ll be fine and back on the mound in April. I was able to throw for some scouts earlier in the year and was touching 95 (MPH) so I’m hopeful I’ll be back when league play gets going. We have three pitchers that can throw over 90 so we have a chance to have a really good season.”

As for his football recruitment, Uiagalelei has one trip locked in and could take another before making a decision.

“I’m going to Clemson April 6 for the Spring Game,” Uiagalelei said. “I may visit Oregon for their Spring Game at the end of April but I’m not 100% sure right now, it’s probably 50-50. Those are the main two schools I’m looking at right now but I’m taking to a few others as well.

“LSU is probably the main for me, other than Clemson and Oregon and they want me to visit sometime too. It’s just hard because of baseball. Even though I can’t play right now, I’m still part of the team and want to be around the guys so that makes it hard to take a lot of visits to other programs.”

Clemson and Oregon have been the two most tied in with Uiagalelei for months now and it’s probably safe to say he’ll be announcing for one of the two when he decides to make his decision.

“With Clemson, it’s the spiritual connection I have with the coaching staff,” Uiagalelei said. “From the first time I visited, you can just feel it, you can feel the presence of God there. That’s big for me because as a Christian, I love how open everyone is about it there, there’s nothing to hide and I feel so comfortable there. The football is great obviously and I love the players but my connection with the coaching staff is what separates them.

“With Oregon, I have a great connection with their coaching staff as well. I talk to Marcus Arroyo all the time and I have a good relationship with coach Cristobal as well. I enjoyed my visits out there, I like the direction the program is going and I know a lot of the players on the team so I have a strong comfort level with that program as well.”

9COMMENTS

As for his decision, Uiagalelei said he still doesn’t have a set date yet but more of a general timeframe.

“I think it will probably be sometime in the summer,” Uiagalelei said. “It could be late spring or early in the summer, sometime around then. I’m just still going through the process a little more and then whenever it feels right, I’ll go ahead and do it. I’m not ready to make any decisions right now but I should be ready to go a little later this off-season.”

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Rumor is that 3 or 4 of them will be transferring back to their local public schools to finish out their Senior Year...🤣

Sorry... I couldn’t help myself!..🤣🤣🤣

Let them go...they don’t get to take the banner with them #justwinbeybey

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, AztecPadre said:

I agree with this.  It was 100% in the years they won the SBG instead of the 98%. 

Well DLS has now lost more SBG than any team in America too.  And will soon have a losing overall SBG record.  The original debate was about Streak years, which were over by the SBG inception.

EH can I get a laughing like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Well DLS has now lost more SBG than any team in America too.  And will soon have a losing overall SBG record.  The original debate was about Streak years, which were over by the SBG inception.

EH can I get a laughing like?

DLS vs all of SoCal, is pretty much what they face in the SBG.  Even with those odds, they still will win the 2020 SBG.  RACKEM!!

• Like 2

NorCal team making trying to make some noise?

Menlo-Atherton, winners of the CIF 3AA title last year, has put together a very interesting pair of non-league games for 2019.  According to MaxPreps, they will be traveling to play East (SLC) and Folsom.  Last year, they lost in Colorado to Valor Christian, 27-0 (which lead to a QB change).

The Bears have WR Tony Franklin, who could be the top junior in NorCal.  Their QB will likely be a sophomore, who lead M-A to a come-from-behind victory in the CCS D-I Open title game against Wilcox (who is playing Pittsburg this fall).  The Chargers won the CIF 3A title in 2018.

Located in Atherton, CA (for SoCal peeps, think San Marino and you get an idea... median household income is about $250K with only about 7000 people), I suppose one could claim they've got the money to travel.  There is a large Polynesian population in the Menlo/Atherton/San Mateo region of the Bay Area.  Aside from this public school, there are two private schools also located in Atherton (Sacred Heart Prep and Menlo).

I can't say how 100% accurate MaxPreps is at the moment, considering they've also listed, as an opponent of Santa Margarita, Stellar Prep from Oakland.  There's no way that could be right... at least I hope not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

NorCal team making trying to make some noise?

Menlo-Atherton, winners of the CIF 3AA title last year, has put together a very interesting pair of non-league games for 2019.  According to MaxPreps, they will be traveling to play East (SLC) and Folsom.  Last year, they lost in Colorado to Valor Christian, 27-0 (which lead to a QB change).

The Bears have WR Tony Franklin, who could be the top junior in NorCal.  Their QB will likely be a sophomore, who lead M-A to a come-from-behind victory in the CCS D-I Open title game against Wilcox (who is playing Pittsburg this fall).  The Chargers won the CIF 3A title in 2018.

Located in Atherton, CA (for SoCal peeps, think San Marino and you get an idea... median household income is about $250K with only about 7000 people), I suppose one could claim they've got the money to travel.  There is a large Polynesian population in the Menlo/Atherton/San Mateo region of the Bay Area.  Aside from this public school, there are two private schools also located in Atherton (Sacred Heart Prep and Menlo).

I can't say how 100% accurate MaxPreps is at the moment, considering they've also listed as an opponent of Santa Margarita, Stellar Prep from Oakland.  There's no way that could be right... at least I hope not.

Didn’t Santa Margarita just hire the coach from Valor Christian?.... Maybe the coaches arranged the game after he left Valor Christian?....

Ambitious Schedule for MA, they are supposed to be very talented this year!... Hopefully it is accurate!...🙂

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Didn’t Santa Margarita just hire the coach from Valor Christian?.... Maybe the coaches arranged the game after he left Valor Christian?....

Ambitious Schedule for MA, they are supposed to be very talented this year!... Hopefully it is accurate!...🙂

SM hired the coach from Valor Christian, then agreed to play Stellar Prep?  🤔

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

SM hired the coach from Valor Christian, then agreed to play Stellar Prep?  🤔

Ha!!!... My Bad, I mis-read that!!!... I thought MA was playing SM and Steller Prep as well!!... That what I get for reading this while “distracted” by work!!!...🤣😀

10 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I wonder if the new SM coach is gonna poach from St. Mission Viejo's new pipeline when it's built. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/south-county-trojans-youth-football-announces-coaching-staff-for-its-flagship-14u-division-300802823.html

Not if he actually schedules teams like Steller Prep he won’t....

With “St. Mission Viejo” fully engaged in the Arms Race, SM Has an uphill battle....🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Not if he actually schedules teams like Steller Prep he won’t....

With “St. Mission Viejo” fully engaged in the Arms Race, SM Has an uphill battle....🙂

No need to add “St”, Mission Viejo is already a Catholic term, meaning Old Mission, or Old Church.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

No need to add “St”, Mission Viejo is already a Catholic term, meaning Old Mission, or Old Church.

I'm just trying to make them sound like a real Trinity League team though. hahaha

My coaches at El Toro used to call them Mission Pendejo, then they all became MV coaches and won a bunch of titles there too. lmao

• Haha 3