Some California news

Ararar

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

That was After "The Streak"... DLS wins 8 to 10 SS Titles during 12 Years of "The Streak", They would be much more then just another good HSFB Team... They Dominated Poly Twice and were 4-0 against MD During the Streak... They would have been just fine is So Cal.... :) 

Nah, SoCal is a different beast. I stand by my previous statement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco linebacker AJ Gatto is adapting well to a new school and is one to watch this off-season.

After playing his first three years at Orange Lutheran (Calif.), Gatto made the move to St. John Bosco and the adjustment has been a smooth one so far. 

“I love it here,” Gatto said. “This is where I always wanted to go when I was in middle school but the commute was a little too much. Now that that I can drive myself, there is no issues there and things are going great. I played for the Paramount Pirates when I was younger with some of the guys on the team so it has been really easy to feel comfortable. 

“The workouts are tough and every day is a grind but I love it. Every day is about competition and trying to get better so I’m excited to be part of the program.”

Gatto is a player we have known about for some time but thought tight end was going to be his meal ticket. He’s a big kid at 6-4, 220 pounds with soft hands and the ability to run. He also played some defensive end when he was younger but moved to linebacker last season and will play as a hybrid outside ‘backer/jack position for the Braves.

Gatto is playing on the 7v7 circuit with Ground Zero and looked good. He has improved his ability to play in space, drop in coverage and looks more fluid as an athlete. Bosco has depth everywhere but outside linebacker is one position they’re a little light in and Gatto could be an impact player for the Braves this fall. 

Gatto has been active on the camp circuit this off-season and has attended the SoCal Opening Regional and will attend the Under Armour All-American Combine this weekend and the Polynesian Bowl Combine in Las Vegas next month. He may attend a few college camps as well.

“The schools I’ve heard from so far are Utah, Utah State, Oregon State, Wyoming and South Dakota,” Gatto said. “I went to a game last year at Utah, visited Oregon and camped with Oregon State. Right now, I’m just staying patient and hopefully things will pick up during the season. 

“My goal is to have a good year here at Bosco and that will attract the attention of a few more schools. So I just want to play out the season and then we’ll see what happens.”

6 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Solid post.  Hopefully SoCal will slow down and eventually stop the transfers And get back to developing the players they have.  

It's already started to slow down. Mater Dei and Bosco are having trouble filling out their schedules, as more and more California teams are refusing to schedule them.

So far, it appears that Mater Dei has gotten the message, and has modified their behavior somewhat. SJ Bosco hasn't gotten the message yet, but they will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Nah, SoCal is a different beast. I stand by my previous statement.

During that time MD (3) and Poly (4) won 7 Titles.... DLS was 6-0 vs those 2 teams during that time....

So I will Stand by my Statement based on what happened on the Field and not a "Hypothetical"... :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

During that time MD (3) and Poly (4) won 7 Titles.... DLS was 6-0 vs those 2 teams during that time....

So I will Stand by my Statement based on what happened on the Field and not a "Hypothetical"... :) 

Being in SoCal, playing a SoCal schedule week in and week out is where the beast lies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Being in SoCal, playing a SoCal schedule week in and week out is where the beast lies. 

Oh really? During the Streak, Sparty was 15-0 against SoCal. From 2004-2016, DLS was 9-5 (that’s including a loss to Bosco’s recruited up ‘13 team). That’s 24-5 all time prior to MD and Bosco going full retard on transfers. The Streak Spartans and today’s Spartans would do just fine in SoCal. Without MD and Bosco selling their respective souls, DLS would have 2-3 more Opens. They’d be like 28-4 all time...something silly like that. But do tell us again about that brutal SoCal schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

DLS fans are the new Folsom fans...

You mean the one troll who represents all of Folsom’s fans? Incredible what one poster can do to the image of an entire program. 

Reading these last few pages some of the SoCal posters seem to have rather short term memories about their programs. 

DLS would have kicked the living shit out of 98% of the SoCal teams during the streak as well. Something else to keep in mind is DLS rarely played the other top Norcal teams during the streak. It’s like DLS playing SoCal teams not named LBP, C10, SJB or MD during those years... 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

You mean the one troll who represents all of Folsom’s fans? Incredible what one poster can do to the image of an entire program. 

Reading these last few pages some of the SoCal posters seem to have rather short term memories about their programs. 

DLS would have kicked the living shit out of 98% of the SoCal teams during the streak as well. Something else to keep in mind is DLS rarely played the other top Norcal teams during the streak. It’s like DLS playing SoCal teams not named LBP, C10, SJB or MD during those years... 

DLS played NoCal patsies all those years. 

18 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

DLS would have kicked the living shit out of 98% of the SoCal teams during a short period 1998-2003 of the streak as well. Something else to keep in mind is DLS rarely played the other top Norcal teams during the streak. It’s like DLS playing SoCal teams not named LBP, C10, SJB or MD during those years... 

FIFY

• Like 1