Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Right now they are getting some of the better kids from the City section Valley teams once they start getting kids from the other privates in the area they could be a National team.Thats what has happened with their basketball program 

Where you have to possess an NBA player as a father or you can't play hoops. LOL

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Right now they are getting some of the better kids from the City section Valley teams once they start getting kids from the other privates in the area they could be a National team.Thats what has happened with their basketball program 

Are there any good Valley City teams? When Croson and Starr were at B-ham and Taft they had some quality teams who could compete with almost anyone. Are there any good to great teams anymore?

7 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Are there any good Valley City teams? When Croson and Starr were at B-ham and Taft they had some quality teams who could compete with almost anyone. Are there any good to great teams anymore?

Nope.In football if you can play you get swooped up by the privates in the area.In fact Narbonne is really the only city team that can compete at a high level.This doesn’t happen in the other sports only football for whatever reason.There are really high level city baseball and basketball teams 

• Like 1

Just now, Ararar said:

Nope.In football if you can play you get swooped up by the privates in the area.In fact Narbonne is really the only city team that can compete at a high level.This doesn’t happen in the other sports only football for whatever reason.There are really high level city baseball and basketball teams 

Yeah Carson and Banning days are in the past. I know hoops and baseball are still legit in the City section. The vallley has just never been a football hotbed for teams, but has produced some great players.

• Like 1

Standout Santa Margarita defensive lineman Logan Schwenke transfers to Mission Viejo

•  
  •  
  • Categories:
schwenke1200-1.jpg?w=978
Santa Margarita’s Logan Schwenke looks to make a tackle against Alemany.

LPT-L-HSFB-DOWNEY-0817-02_26599199_7415801.jpg?w=600

Another Santa Margarita football standout has transferred to Mission Viejo. 

Santa Margarita junior defensive end Logan Schwenke confirmed Thursday that he enrolled earlier this week at Mission Viejo, already the offseason destination for former Eagles quarterback Peter Costelli

Like Costelli, Schwenke (6-3, 240) earned second-team All-Trinity League honors last season after leading Santa Margarita with seven sacks in 10 games. The high-motor player rose to prominence as a sophomore by recording 3.5 sacks during a three-game stretch early in September.

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Standout Santa Margarita defensive lineman Logan Schwenke transfers to Mission Viejo

•  
  •  
  • Categories:
schwenke1200-1.jpg?w=978
Santa Margarita’s Logan Schwenke looks to make a tackle against Alemany.

LPT-L-HSFB-DOWNEY-0817-02_26599199_7415801.jpg?w=600

Another Santa Margarita football standout has transferred to Mission Viejo. 

Santa Margarita junior defensive end Logan Schwenke confirmed Thursday that he enrolled earlier this week at Mission Viejo, already the offseason destination for former Eagles quarterback Peter Costelli

Like Costelli, Schwenke (6-3, 240) earned second-team All-Trinity League honors last season after leading Santa Margarita with seven sacks in 10 games. The high-motor player rose to prominence as a sophomore by recording 3.5 sacks during a three-game stretch early in September.

But I thought only private school took in transfers...

• Haha 3

The NCS has voted to send Clayton Valley Charter to the EBAL. The ebal has 10 days to appeal. 

They will now have to face off with DLS every year. Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Cal will round out the new Mountain Division. If all teams can have a strong team in the same season, that could be interesting. Hopefully DLS will now make their schedule public with this to its conclusion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

The NCS has voted to send Clayton Valley Charter to the EBAL. The ebal has 10 days to appeal. 

They will now have to face off with DLS every year. Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Cal will round out the new Mountain Division. If all teams can have a strong team in the same season, that could be interesting. Hopefully DLS will now make their schedule public with this to its conclusion. 

Still just another NC baby harp seal slap dick to add to the 300 + 27 year record for DLS against NC tomato cans.

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

“St. Mission Viejo”...🤣

Good for Them!!!... The best part is the dude doesn’t even have to be a Farmer!!!...🤣🤣

I cool with it...I always say if the kid’s parents and the kid feel it’s better for the kid to transfer, who am I or anyone else to stop him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Still just another NC baby harp seal slap dick to add to the 300 + 27 year record for DLS against NC tomato cans.

What’s funny is that DLS woulda likely still went about 141-10 (or better) in SoCal during the streak years. No streak, but still pretty a much clubbing baby seals type winning percentage. And the only SoCal teams that can beat DLS today are the anomalies SJB and MD. Maybe JSerra, MV, and Cen10 in good years. Not exactly moving the needle that much.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

What’s funny is that DLS woulda likely still went about 141-10 (or better) in SoCal during the streak years. No streak, but still pretty a much clubbing baby seals type winning percentage. And the only SoCal teams that can beat DLS today are the anomalies SJB and MD. Maybe JSerra, MV, and Cen10 in good years. Not exactly moving the needle that much.  Hope this helps. 

They're 0-3 the last 3 years in the state game. Do you think they will win this year?

7 minutes ago, old_e said:

They're 0-3 the last 3 years in the state game. Do you think they will win this year?

I think we’re going see Hale come into his own this year. He’s going to turn a lot of heads. I personally can’t wait. He’s obviously the reason/hope that DLS took the STA game. Offensively they’ll be strong, but who knows what they’ll look like on D. I think they’ll be solid along the DL and in the DBfield, but theyre replacing all 3 LBs with really no elite-type replacements that I can see. THAT bothers me. So.....I look for them to sadly be 0-4 after next year. DLS will be elite again in ‘20. I think they have a legit shot then. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I think we’re going see Hale come into his own this year. He’s going to turn a lot of heads. I personally can’t wait. He’s obviously the reason/hope that DLS took the STA game. Offensively they’ll be strong, but who knows what they’ll look like on D. I think they’ll be solid along the DL and in the DBfield, but theyre replacing all 3 LBs with really no elite-type replacements that I can see. THAT bothers me. So.....I look for them to sadly be 0-4 after next year. DLS will be elite again in ‘20. I think they have a legit shot then. 

Solid post.  Hopefully SoCal will slow down and eventually stop the transfers And get back to developing the players they have.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Blueliner said:

If DLS would have been in SoCal all those years, they would have pretty much been just another good hsfb school. 

I can remember a 2 lose Canyon Country team tapin that ass in the first ever state bowl game. 

32 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Not as long as MD and Bosco are around  they’ll probably sue if anything tries to happen/change 😂

Lol That would suck.  

Curious.  Do you think that the way the transfer game is done currently it is sustainable?  How do you think it might evolve?  

I see it, after a few more years, going back to the way it was before transfer mania.  I think next level folks will start to look at players who stay where they are at as more reliable and committed athletes.  IMHO.  However, I am not talking about legit moves that families make.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

If DLS would have been in SoCal all those years, they would have pretty much been just another good hsfb school. 

I can remember a 2 lose Canyon Country team tapin that ass in the first ever state bowl game. 

That was After "The Streak"... DLS wins 8 to 10 SS Titles during 12 Years of "The Streak", They would be much more then just another good HSFB Team... They Dominated Poly Twice and were 4-0 against MD During the Streak... They would have been just fine is So Cal.... :) 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Lol That would suck.  

Curious.  Do you think that the way the transfer game is done currently it is sustainable?  How do you think it might evolve?  

I see it, after a few more years, going back to the way it was before transfer mania.  I think next level folks will start to look at players who stay where they are at as more reliable and committed athletes.  IMHO.  However, I am not talking about legit moves that families make.  

I think it’s going to level out.There will always be an abundance of transfers down here but I think the stock piling of * on a couple teams will subside 

• Like 2