Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Maybe MV can pull an upset of SJB?… SJB has had more close playoff games, but I still don’t see anyone other then MD beating SJB….

Not saying they will, but I feel MV could beat Bosco. 
Going into the season I had questions about Bosco (along with everybody else) but those questions have been answered, and then some. They have played great. They are very young so it is scary what they will be the next couple years. 
MD is who we thought they would be.

Cen10 has not lived up to hype, but in November they will be a different animal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Duncanville (TX) beat SFA 28-24 so the Trinity league looks even better today.That’s the highest rated team in Texas

This is the Trinity league I remember.  Last few years only 2 maybe 3 teams were very good. Now it's all of them. There is Mos def not a better league in the country that could come close to tHE Trinity LEague!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Duncanville (TX) beat SFA 28-24 so the Trinity league looks even better today.That’s the highest rated team in Texas

The score may be a little misleading. 

It’s not like Duncanville struggled to only score 28 points and barely beat St. Frances. 

1.) They had two pick 6’s dropped on the same exact drive. 

2.) A close missed 3-pt field goal. 

3.) Russell & a wide open receiver in the end-zone miscommunicated and missed each other.

4.) That was Duncanville’s 2nd game opposed to St. Frances’ 4th.

I know it doesn’t work that way but the game could’ve easily gotten ugly for St. Frances. 

45-24ish

Who knows, maybe the same exact thing happened to Orange Lutheran this year or Mater Dei last year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

It’s not like Duncanville struggled to only score 28 points and barely beat St. Frances. 

3.) Russell & a wide open receiver in the end-zone miscommunicated and missed each other.

I know it doesn’t work that way but the game could’ve easily gotten ugly for St. Frances. 

45-24ish

Who knows, maybe the same exact thing happened to Orange Lutheran this year or Mater Dei last year.

A dominating Duncanville win and there would be no questions.  They simply left the door open a bit. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It's gonna be interesting to see who the 4th team left is after playoff week 1 this year. 

1. MD

2/3. Bosco/Mission. Seeding is based on Callteps ranking. A 1-loss Bosco would likely have a higher computer ranking because of SOS compared to an undefeated Mission. Either way, it sets up one hell of a semifinal.

4. Centennial

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

1. MD

2/3. Bosco/Mission. Seeding is based on Callteps ranking. A 1-loss Bosco would likely have a higher computer ranking because of SOS compared to an undefeated Mission. Either way, it sets up one hell of a semifinal.

4. Centennial

Im very intereste in the upcoming game of sc vs olu . I wouldn't sleep just yet on SC despite that early season game vs Jserra. Sometimes those games just happen . SC has a lot of talent . I f they start jelling than they could possibly threaten for the 4th seed

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Your points are all well taken.  Regarding the above, though, let’s remember that all of SFA’s games have been on the road, two of them against very physical teams in OLu and SJR before this game, jet lag, etc.  

• Like 1

Speaking of jet lag, maybe not the smartest move for MD to schedule SFA after a week in HI.  The same SC that gave SJB a run looked like absolute crap vs JSerra the week after their game in the islands.  This Friday could be a serious trap game for MD.  (And no, I’m not takin it to the excuse thread. 🤣 Just sayin…)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MD87 said:

Speaking of jet lag, maybe not the smartest move for MD to schedule SFA after a week in HI.  The same SC that gave SJB a run looked like absolute crap vs JSerra the week after their game in the islands.  This Friday could be a serious trap game for MD.  (And no, I’m not takin it to the excuse thread. 🤣 Just sayin…)

HA!…. The only way Kahuku is a Trap game for MD is if MD is Trapped in their Hotel in Hawaii and has to forfeit the game…. 🤣

Kahuku is not a National level team this year…. 

On 9/15/2024 at 1:48 PM, SeaShells21 said:

45-24ish

Some really quality excuses there.  You should start a thread.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MD87 said:

MD chose to move this game up a week. Originally supposed to have a bye this week. No excuse to lose to St Frances. None at all. 

• Thanks 1