Some California news

Ararar

30 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I agree that Spartans could get some runs on Bosco d-line,  but the fact that the qb can't pass means that Bosco will bring every one up in the box which will be real tough to run on. Spartans d-line will get better but both Serra and SF were able to run on them.  Bosco o-line is elite. Their receivers,  team speed are top tier. DLS best shot is to try and keep score respectable.  Bosco,  like late last season,  only turns it on when they have to. They play sloppy and careless with a lot of penalties. But when they need to stiffen up,  like they would when playing DLS,  they are elite. Spartans always gets the other teams best. No one takes them for granted .

I agree with everything you say….

Sure, Serra and SF ran the ball on DLS…. But they only put up 17 total points because DLS is a much better tackling team and their Dline is stout…. 

And eventhough Both teams loaded the box on DLS and Took them totally seriously, DLS put up 81 points on those 2 teams with their Speed and OLine play…. 

Also, what can’t be ignored is that since Coach TE came back the Defense has been so much better…. They are Glaringly lacking at LB but the Secondary and Dline are playing so much better…. The kids know their roles and assignments and are confident…..

Thats why I compare them to the 2019 team…. But the glaring omission is they don’t have a QB like Hale that can effectively pass the ball and run the veer at the same time…. 

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I agree with everything you say….

Sure, Serra and SF ran the ball on DLS…. But they only put up 17 total points because DLS is a much better tackling team and their Dline is stout…. 

And eventhough Both teams loaded the box on DLS and Took them totally seriously, DLS put up 81 points on those 2 teams with their Speed and OLine play…. 

Also, what can’t be ignored is that since Coach TE came back the Defense has been so much better…. They are Glaringly lacking at LB but the Secondary and Dline are playing so much better…. The kids know their roles and assignments and are confident…..

Thats why I compare them to the 2019 team…. But the glaring omission is they don’t have a QB like Hale that can effectively pass the ball and run the veer at the same time…. 

I'm pulling for Spartans but they have some weaknesses.  Serra is nothing like they were last season. I'd like to Spartans play a top 8 team from socal to see where they really stand .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I'm pulling for Spartans but they have some weaknesses.  Serra is nothing like they were last season. I'd like to Spartans play a top 8 team from socal to see where they really stand .

Totally agree!…. I have no idea what playing that NFL academy team will be like competition wise, but who knows, I don’t know anything about them…. 

Would have definitely liked a Top So Cal team or OOS team for them this year…. Would give us a much better feeling of where they actually are…. 

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!!!…. Right?…. So now does IMG drop in the polls below Cen10 and SM or do Ce10 and SM move up over IMG…. 

Which would of course mean that MV moves up over IMG…. 🤣

IMG losing to Corner Canyon is a lot like SJB losing to Kahuku last year. In both cases the better team lost (any given night). I would say IMG is a top 10 team. Cen10, SM and MV are most likely Top 25ish, though I'm not as sold on SM. I think Cen10 would beat SM in a rematch. SFA and OLU are both ranked wayyy too high. OLU is better this year no doubt but they were exposed by Gorman. SFA is 7-7 over the last two seasons.

I would say that overall So Cal and the Trinity League are the strongest they have been in years.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

I would say that overall So Cal and the Trinity League are the strongest they have been in years.

No question, the Trinity League is very good top to bottom this year.  Best overall in years. MV also very good.  Cen10 okay, but just too many turnovers and are highly vulnerable in the secondary.  After that though, I don't think ther's much else that all that impressive.  Sierra Canyon is a letdown IMO. Chapparal is surprising but I think they'll get whacked by Cen10 in league. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, On2whls said:

No question, the Trinity League is very good top to bottom this year.  Best overall in years. MV also very good.  Cen10 okay, but just too many turnovers and are highly vulnerable in the secondary.  After that though, I don't think ther's much else that all that impressive.  Sierra Canyon is a letdown IMO. Chapparal is surprising but I think they'll get whacked by Cen10 in league. 

I still think CC has a shot next week vs. Liberty. Thinking I might go to that, but not positive yet.

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Overlook Mission at your own peril. You are sleeping on them IMO. They will be a tough out in the playoffs. Yes, even for MD and Bosco.

After watching what MD did to BG, there is no tough out for MD in the playoffs…..

Since 2017 MD has played exactly 1 playoff game against a team not named SJB that ended within 1 score, 21-16 with Cen10….

MV or anyone else is not playing the Monarchs tough in the playoffs…. I could see MD having a “Lapse” and possibly dropping a league game because they are overconfident and make a bunch of mistakes, but not in the playoffs….

Maybe MV can pull an upset of SJB?… SJB has had more close playoff games, but I still don’t see anyone other then MD beating SJB….

• Like 1