Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Folsom was up by 1 with about 7 seconds left in the 1st half and had the ball around the Serra 10.  Instead of trying a quick pass like a fade, QB Lyons scrambles a bit before getting hit.  As he's going down, he flips the ball back to a lineman.  As the lineman gets hit, he flips it back to someone else who proceeds to scamper in for a TD.  21-13, Folsom at the half.

In 6 halves (3 games), the Serra defense have shut out the vaunted Folsom offense in 3 of them.

But, according to some posters on here and elsewhere who like to pick on a bunch of 16-18 year olds as an adult and call them "embarrassments", Serra has no heart and doesn't really put up big efforts in big games due to their results against the goliaths of Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

Or maybe those posters only talk out of their asses and doesn't know anything about the game or what it takes to play it.

After also watching the De La Salle-Grant game, I believe the Padres beat the Spartans next week, too.  DLS has the same problem they've had the last few years... a struggling passing game.  Serra completely took advantage of that last year and I suspect they'll do the same again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Why wasn’t this game a pick em? Seems like it would have been a great game to have on there? 🤷‍♂️

Because a number of people on here had already proclaimed Folsom as the NorCal Open rep, making this game a mere formality.  🙄

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Folsom was up by 1 with about 7 seconds left in the 1st half and had the ball around the Serra 10.  Instead of trying a quick pass like a fade, QB Lyons scrambles a bit before getting hit.  As he's going down, he flips the ball back to a lineman.  As the lineman gets hit, he flips it back to someone else who proceeds to scamper in for a TD.  21-13, Folsom at the half.

In 6 halves (3 games), the Serra defense have shut out the vaunted Folsom offense in 3 of them.

But, according to some posters on here and elsewhere who like to pick on a bunch of 16-18 year olds as an adult and call them "embarrassments", Serra has no heart and doesn't really put up big efforts in big games due to their results against the goliaths of Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

Or maybe those posters only talk out of their asses and doesn't know anything about the game or what it takes to play it.

After also watching the De La Salle-Grant game, I believe the Padres beat the Spartans next week, too.  DLS has the same problem they've had the last few years... a struggling passing game.  Serra completely took advantage of that last year and I suspect they'll do the same again.

That is me you are talking about and Serra has been an embarrassment to Nor Cal scoring only 7 points in 3 open games, one they didn’t even deserve to play in… The worst performance of any Nor Cal team since there has been The Open… And that is 100% on the coaching in High School…. 

What a great win for Serra tonight, everyone other than Serra fans thought that Folsom was the top team in Nor Cal…. Some even stating this was Folsom’s best ever team….

Serra planted  their Flag as the undisputed Kings of Nor Cal tonight, so now Walsh has to figure out how to put up points against the best of the best like the prior Nor Cal open teams did….

I am sure he will figure it out, he has proven to be in the top Cali Coaches with JA, JN, and Logan…. Put Wash in there and that is your top 4…. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Again that would have been a nice pick em game. 😂

Don't forget these others I suggested...

North Crowley (TX) 57 @ DeSoto (TX) 51
Mililani (HI) 27 @ Los Alamitos (CA) 24
American Heritage Plantation (FL) 45 @ Chaminade Madonna (FL) 48
North Gwinnett (GA) 37 @ Mill Creek (GA) 34

• Haha 1

Just now, On2whls said:

You gotta wonder if any of the Nor Cal top 3 really want a shot at the open this year.   I think the 1AA game is going to be very winnable for any of NorCals top 3 this year.

DLS has been quietly dominant up there.They beat Serra 39-10 still it wouldn’t seem they have enough for SJB or MD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

You gotta wonder if any of the Nor Cal top 3 really want a shot at the open this year.   I think the 1AA game is going to be very winnable for any of NorCals top 3 this year.

DLS Definitely Does!!…. They are on a Different level this year with their OL/DL and speed…..

DLS beat the Same Serra team 39-10 that SJB is Beating 42-16….. So we can already conclude that DLS defense is better than SJB…. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1