Some California news

Ararar

Folsom up 40-14 over LBP right now…. LBP looks terrible, Big, Slow with a Bad QB…. Small on Defense and terrible tackling…. 

Folsom looks like a So Cal D1 Team, Huge o-Line, lots of speed, Well Coached and strong Tackling on Defense….  Folsom will be in the Open this year from Nor Cal…. They can run the ball every play and not lose a game up here…. 

They won’t win the open, but they will be a much better representation then the embarrassment that Serra has been the last 3 years….

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Folsom up 40-14 over LBP right now…. LBP looks terrible, Big, Slow with a Bad QB…. Small on Defense and terrible tackling…. 

Folsom looks like a So Cal D1 Team, Huge o-Line, lots of speed, Well Coached and strong Tackling on Defense….  Folsom will be in the Open this year from Nor Cal…. They can run the ball every play and not lose a game up here…. 

They won’t win the open, but they will be a much better representation then the embarrassment that Serra has been the last 3 years….

I've heard about Long Beach Poly in the 90's but who is that other school?  Are they a Nevada team?

• Haha 2

On 8/16/2024 at 2:12 AM, Slotback Right said:

Okay, so it's futbol not football, but this is from last season...State Champions.

There is no state championship for Soccer in California. Like baseball and softball it is still regional NorCal/SoCal championship. They plan on expanding it, but for now the winners do not meet so there is no “state champion”.

They could probably find a jeweler to fix it and etch “Almost” in front of state champions. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Folsom is straight loaded this year. They weren’t even at full strength tonight. This is the best lines I’ve seen them have and they have skill guys everywhere and probably the best QB in the country. MD 48 - 28 Folsom

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom is straight loaded this year. They weren’t even at full strength tonight. This is the best lines I’ve seen them have and they have skill guys everywhere and probably the best QB in the country. MD 48 - 28 Folsom

HA!…. Mark my words…. MD won’t score 48 points on you guys!…. 🤣

I was so impressed by the Dicipline, Size and Speed of Folsom and Lyons is a National level player…

The cool thing is thanks to Serra, we get to see SJB vs Serra and Folsom vs Serra!….

If Folsom outperforms SJB in that common opponent game, Folsom is top 10, and there will be interest in the open!!….

The only Bummer is there will also be “Block”… 🤣🤣🍻

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!…. Mark my words…. MD won’t score 48 points on you guys!…. 🤣

I was so impressed by the Dicipline, Size and Speed of Folsom and Lyons is a National level player…

The cool thing is thanks to Serra, we get to see SJB vs Serra and Folsom vs Serra!….

If Folsom outperforms SJB in that common opponent game, Folsom is top 10, and there will be interest in the open!!….

The only Bummer is there will also be “Block”… 🤣🤣🍻

I’m fairly sure block is @Moist and Plump

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

They struggled with JSerra last year but to get dominated??  So is JSerra underrated or was Sierra Canyon overrated? 

NGL the beating that JSerra out on Sierra Canyon was shocking to most everyone.   This loss could set SC back many years.   They may never recover if the parents revolt and take their kids out. 

On 8/24/2024 at 7:57 AM, GeorgeW said:

NGL the beating that JSerra out on Sierra Canyon was shocking to most everyone.   This loss could set SC back many years.   They may never recover if the parents revolt and take their kids out. 

as well they should. sierra canyon needs a complete reset from administration on down, to allow this to happen is completely embarrassing and unacceptable. any reputable school wouldve of fired that coach at halftime for the antics he pulled.

How a West Texas high school football team got a game with national power St. John Bosco.

Cali guys you know how far El Paso is from Allen the Coach thinks they are in East Texas.  They are actually closer to you guys than their Fellow Texans in the DFW and bEast Texas 😄

The search for 2024 high school football games started in November, El Paso's Eastwood High football coach Julio Lopez said.

"There was an agency I was talking to, and they were talking about getting us a game with St. John Bosco or Mater Dei. But then the guy kind of ghosted me," Lopez said laughing. "I started getting nervous because I was telling other schools I had a game for (the weekend of Aug. 30)."

St. John Bosco coach Jason Negro was looking for games, too.

"I thought, 'you know what? - what's stopping me from reaching out to these schools myself?'," Lopez said.

And so, he did.

"I get an email in February from Eastwood High. A school I'm not familiar with, but I gave him a call," Negro said. "We ended up talking for 30 minutes. Coach Lopez was familiar with our program, and he wanted to challenge his players."

"I love that mentality," Negro added.

Eastwood, a 6A school from West Texas, will take on national power St. John Bosco (1-0) Friday night at Panish Family Stadium at 7 p.m. Eastwood will come out to play St. John Bosco again in 2025 to complete the two-year contract agreement.

EASTWOOD? WHO? WHY?

The Eastwood Troopers, hailing from a school with an enrollment of 2,412, will hop on a bus at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night and travel roughly 800 miles through the night before arriving in Los Angeles at around 11 a.m. on Thursday, according to Lopez.

"We played at Southlake Carroll [an East Texas school] last year and its 600-some miles away. This isn't much different," said Lopez, who aniticpates traveling 64 players

Lopez has been at the helm for 10 years at Eastwood, taking the program over at the tender age of 25. Since his arrival, the 6A program (the highest class in Texas high school football) has made historic leaps, and has intentions of making more history.
"We want to be the first El Paso high school to make a 6A state final," Lopez said. "It's never been done."

He was close, though. The Troopers got to the final sixteen in 2021. That was a first.

"In order to make a deep run in the playoffs here in Texas, you have to seek out games that will prepare you for the monster programs like Southlake Carroll, DeSoto or Duncanville. You have to be ready for the long trips, too," Lopez said. "Playing St. John Bosco checks all those boxes."

Eastwood will be tested, that's for sure.

HOW DOES EASTWOOD MATCHUP WITH BOSCO?
In a quick search on 247Sports.com, Eastwood's search for ranked recruits in the class of 2025 or 2026 comes back with 'no results found'. Which could be problematic, considering the Braves are on the heels of a terrific out-of-state victory over nationally-ranked Chaminade-Madonna of Florida.

First-year starter Matai Fuiava threw for more than 300 yards and three TDs, and sophomore running back Maliq Blackwell-Allen ran for 128 yards on 11 carries. Defensively, St. John Bosco boasts UCLA commit Epi Sitanilei, a senior lineman listed at 6-foot-5, 230 pounds.

The 2026 class is loaded with talent, highlighted by wideouts Daniel Odom and Madden Williams. Corner Joshua Holland (USC) and edge rusher Dutch Horisk (Oregon).

Lopez highlighted senior defensive end/linebacker Konrad Joseph-Garcia, senior corner Jaydn Deal, junior wideout Jude Walker, and slot Fabian Penaloza as Eastwood's top playmakers.

Eastwood High of El Paso went 9-2 in 2023 and will travel to play St. John Bosco in Bellflower on Aug. 30, 2024. 
Though the game has the ingredients - on paper - to be lopsided, St. John Bosco traveled to Hawaii last year and got beat by Kahuku, 30-23, in national stunner. Negro later applauded Kahuku for taking the game.

"Nobody in the country thought we we'd go to Hawaii and lose to Kahuku," Negro said on the CIF Southern Section Sitdown in late October of 2023. "But guess what happened? ... Bosco lost. But that's the beauty of high school athletics ... to go out and play competitive opponents and not be afraid."

"Kahuku was not afriad."

Eastwood isn't either

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Eastwood, a 6A school from West Texas, will take on national power St. John Bosco (1-0) Friday night at Panish Family Stadium at 7 p.m. Eastwood will come out to play St. John Bosco again in 2025 to complete the two-year contract agreement.

Is this right?  Eastwood is coming to California twice?  That seems odd.

• Like 1

There was an agency I was talking to, and they were talking about getting us a game with St. John Bosco or Mater Dei. But then the guy kind of ghosted me," Lopez said laughing. "I

wonder what “agency “ would ghost a client 

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Ararar said:

There was an agency I was talking to, and they were talking about getting us a game with St. John Bosco or Mater Dei. But then the guy kind of ghosted me," Lopez said laughing. "I

wonder what “agency “ would ghost a client 

I was thinking the same thing.  Ol joe probably saw the name Julio Lopez and said oh hell nah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4