Some California news

Ararar

13 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

SoCal had three teams finish in the national top ten - #8, #9, and #10, led by Servite, the State Regional Champion from the South. Norcal's State Regional Champion, Mitty, finished at #13.

SoCal soccer is clearly better, but saying there's no need for a "true state championship" because of a difference in top talent is inaccurate. There's no need for a "true" state championship because the lower region already has a population close to that of Texas, and the boundaries are virtual no matter how you make them. They weren't gerrymandered into a ring.

archbishop shitty gets overrated in every sport because they beat up on jabroni san jose schools. theres not a single archbishop shitty sport where they beat a team with a pulse that wasn't within an hour of there school. they dont want the so cal smoke that's why they duck all the time.

1 hour ago, Moist and Plump said:

archbishop shitty gets overrated in every sport because they beat up on jabroni san jose schools. theres not a single archbishop shitty sport where they beat a team with a pulse that wasn't within an hour of there school. they dont want the so cal smoke that's why they duck all the time.

Oh ok.

• Haha 1

Game Dei at the bowl.
Freshman A (playing JV) beat Cen10’s JV 14-7. Freshman QB Ayden Edward’s made a couple nice plays but was a defensive game.
Freshman B with a roster of about 30 players got killed at home 50-6 against Cen10’s freshman. Not sure why all the freshman aren’t playing together(outside of the varsity freshman). Thats new under Lara. Somebody is gonna win the series tonight. Let’s go Monarchs! 

IMG_1474.jpeg

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Game Dei at the bowl.
Freshman A (playing JV) beat Cen10’s JV 14-7. Freshman QB Ayden Edward’s made a couple nice plays but was a defensive game.
Freshman B with a roster of about 30 players got killed at home 50-6 against Cen10’s freshman. Not sure why all the freshman aren’t playing together(outside of the varsity freshman). Thats new under Lara. Somebody is gonna win the series tonight. Let’s go Monarchs! 

IMG_1474.jpeg

because like i said. laura is an incompetent and has no idea what she's doing. mater dei made a huge mistake hiring her and if they don't fix it after this year sierra canyon is waiting in the wings to take over. just saying the facts.

9 minutes ago, Moist and Plump said:

because like i said. laura is an incompetent and has no idea what she's doing. mater dei made a huge mistake hiring her and if they don't fix it after this year sierra canyon is waiting in the wings to take over. just saying the facts.

I don’t like the move but I don’t think it’s an incompetent one. I’m sure the reasoning behind it is that he’s trying to get them ready against kids that are a year or two into a HS strength program and have more experience. Not what I would do but I’m not the HC at MD for a reason.
Sierra Canyons problem is where they’re located. Thats 90 miles from the IE. 2 hours each way to get players into school. Bruce does recruit his ass off though. I’ll give him that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t like the move but I don’t think it’s an incompetent one. I’m sure the reasoning behind it is that he’s trying to get them ready against kids that are a year or two into a HS strength program and have more experience. Not what I would do but I’m not the HC at MD for a reason.
Sierra Canyons problem is where they’re located. Thats 90 miles from the IE. 2 hours each way to get players into school. Bruce does recruit his ass off though. I’ll give him that.

the move itself wasnt incompetent but the coach is. correct process but led to a horrible candidate this time. hopefully they can fix it in the future. 

the way i see it is that bosco and centennial start peeling off i.e. kids and then sierra canyon gets some of bosco's range on that side. mater dei better fix this coaching issue before they become servite. should've of just bit the bullet and hired thomas this time to be tbh.

On 8/21/2024 at 1:48 AM, Slotback Right said:

You are technically correct.

The State Regional Championships are as high as you can go. 

NorCal has their Regional Champions, and SoCal has their Regional Champions. But the Norcal and Socal regional champions never meet.

Servite is Regional Champions. When you win every playoff game in your division, no one finishes above you...You are Champions.

Nice try.

Still not state champions.

Just now, Cal 14 said:

Nice try.

Still not state champions.

they literally are. because the only reason their is no state game is because the nor cal teams refuse to participate. which they do because they know they would get violated in them every time just like every other sport. so by default they forfeit what would be the state champion, and so cal wins. if you want to argue other wise theyre's a simple fix. tell your nor cal schools to grow some TESTES and show up to play the championship.

3 hours ago, Moist and Plump said:

the move itself wasnt incompetent but the coach is. correct process but led to a horrible candidate this time. hopefully they can fix it in the future. 

the way i see it is that bosco and centennial start peeling off i.e. kids and then sierra canyon gets some of bosco's range on that side. mater dei better fix this coaching issue before they become servite. should've of just bit the bullet and hired thomas this time to be tbh.

We’ve seen Lara coach exactly zero games at MD, so let’s wait and see.  If MD kicks ass and runs the table, the best kids will keep knocking. 

4 minutes ago, MD87 said:

We’ve seen Lara coach exactly zero games at MD, so let’s wait and see.  If MD kicks ass and runs the table, the best kids will keep knocking. 

that would go against laura's entire career history. she has never coached a team that exceeded their expectations, and only once had a team even meet their talent level as far as record goes. and that was a million years ago, and she's been coasting off that and underachieving ever sense. don't need to wait and see when the track record is there. mater dei might win all of there games or most of them, but they will not be a juggernaut again until laura is gone. i suspect this year they will either win or make the finals again, but cracks in the foundation will show. if laura is allowed to continue, next year the cracks will be huge, and by year three the exodus and losses will begin. pretty much the same thing that happened to delasuck up north. if laura is mater dei coach in 2026 they will lose to a public school.

On 8/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, Bodysurf said:

Strange because last season Mater Dei won the soccer championship in the CIF SS Open division, and then lost to St. Augustine of San Diego in the state D1 playoffs. 

There were no state playoffs.  Only regional.

15 minutes ago, Moist and Plump said:

that would go against laura's entire career history. she has never coached a team that exceeded their expectations, and only once had a team even meet their talent level as far as record goes. and that was a million years ago, and she's been coasting off that and underachieving ever sense. don't need to wait and see when the track record is there. mater dei might win all of there games or most of them, but they will not be a juggernaut again until laura is gone. i suspect this year they will either win or make the finals again, but cracks in the foundation will show. if laura is allowed to continue, next year the cracks will be huge, and by year three the exodus and losses will begin. pretty much the same thing that happened to delasuck up north. if laura is mater dei coach in 2026 they will lose to a public school.

According to DLS insiders, there was a conscious decision by administration to move away from attracting elite talent from outside the area in 2003/2004.  No, Alumbaugh isn’t Lad, but that’s only part of the story.  

42 minutes ago, Moist and Plump said:

You go Moist. You keep trolling the crap out of them and they keep falling for the bait. They will never learn.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, MD87 said:

According to DLS insiders, there was a conscious decision by administration to move away from attracting elite talent from outside the area in 2003/2004.  No, Alumbaugh isn’t Lad, but that’s only part of the story.  

this is not true and is a coping mechanism stated by people who don't want to accept that the program fell off due to its own mistakes. as evidenced by the fact that they have elite programs in every other sport except football literally right now. only football has fallen off the face of the earth and its due to total brain drain in the coaching department (as you said there head coach is pretty good...........but he has no assistants whatsoever at any level of the program and back in the day that was there secret sauce)

17 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

You go Moist. You keep trolling the crap out of them and they keep falling for the bait. They will never learn.

you accuse me of trolling yet can't state a single thing i said that isnt 100% hundred percent VERIFIABLE FACT. i think you are the real troll because i deal in facts you deal in ad hominems and deflection.

Just now, Moist and Plump said:

you accuse me of trolling yet can't state a single thing i said that isnt 100% hundred percent VERIFIABLE FACT. i think you are the real troll because i deal in facts you deal in ad hominems and deflection.

Nice try numbnuts, I ain’t buying it, you’re a 100% VERIFIABLE TROLL (see how I capitalized all the letters like you to make it seem important and have substance)

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2024 at 3:59 PM, MD87 said:

Oh, it is most assuredly true.  The list of elite Streak players is damn impressive.  Post-TK (RIP), not so much. 

Though they still got good players right up until 2015. Even after in 2018-2019 they had some outstanding players,  Though no where's near the numbers. Pandemic wheels fell off the bus and they seem uninterested in joining the changing climate of transfers 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 3:59 PM, MD87 said:

Oh, it is most assuredly true.  The list of elite Streak players is damn impressive.  Post-TK (RIP), not so much. 

Yes and no…. The decision at DLS was that they will not take in transfers, that they would run the program the way they have been for better or worse, because the #1 goal is to develop young men, not win at all costs….

That being said, the appeal of going to DLS to play FB has fallen off, and a lot of it has to do with Lad not being involved anymore…. Plus, kids are getting just as good of scholarships going to other schools….

The other factor is DLS really frowns on FB players playing 2 sports (other then Track) and so do the Baseball and Basketball coaches…. They have the pick of so many kids that unless you are D1 level in Both sports they will tell you to Commit to 1 year round or get cut….

Case in point…. Marco Jones, who had 25 FB offers from everyone, who just Committed to TX A&M for FB and Baseball was rumored to be DLS bound until he was told he couldn’t do both…. So he went to San Ramon Valley instead…. 

His SRV FB team almost beat DLS twice losing on the last possession both times, and in Baseball he hit a 3 run HR to Knock #1 ranked DLS out of the league tournament this year….

Its just a different ERA at DLS, the top players are just not heading there for FB anymore due to multiple factors….

• Like 2