Some California news

Ararar

• 2 weeks later...

Damien HC Bechtel is out a month before the season. They were involved in a brawl during a passing league tournament this month. They got a bunch of transfers this off season including one from Mater Dei. Should see some movement from their roster in the coming days. 

10 hours ago, waldiejr said:

What’s up with bosco, they’ve lost some key pieces in max amasio, tay lockett and dj rumph 

Lockett’s gone, too?  Must’ve missed that.  Yikes.  Dude might’ve been their best player, if memory serves.  Not feeling a bit sorry for them, though. 🤣

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Lockett’s gone, too?  Must’ve missed that.  Yikes.  Dude might’ve been their best player, if memory serves.  Not feeling a bit sorry for them, though. 🤣

Does this mean Eastwood TX. has a chance? 

and that lowered their stud count to 3?

They only had maybe 6 per Calpreps.

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Does this mean Eastwood TX. has a chance? 

and that lowered their stud count to 3?

They only had maybe 6 per Calpreps.

Of course not but this would have been the year for DV or NS to take a stab at them. I mention those two because I didn’t think DS was a good matchup for Bosco. I will admit I only watched the Desoto SLC game last year, but that Desoto performance was very underwhelming. #1 team in Texas should not be on the ropes late against a mediocre SLC team. I think DV beats them this year comfortably. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

@dntn31 care to opine on why players are fleeing Bosco. Granted, MD and Bosco have players transferring in and out every year.  But you must admit that Bosco is hemorrhaging players now.

https://x.com/MysteryManHSFB/status/1815792999257030869

Damn, you’d think BOSCO was the school with its third head coach in three years! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

3 way scrimmage week before Cen10

O ok 

That should be fun and I was going by practice this week since I was in town for work but had to cancel the trip 

Crazy thing is we both have a bye week before we play because niaa won't let us play more than 4 OOS games 

13 hours ago, Antt said:

O ok 

That should be fun and I was going by practice this week since I was in town for work but had to cancel the trip 

Crazy thing is we both have a bye week before we play because niaa won't let us play more than 4 OOS games 

We don’t want a bye before playing Gorman. Just can’t get anyone to play. Sucks for the kids. 

You guys should get out of the niaa. I don’t think anyone wants to see Gorman play the other Nevada schools lol

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2024 at 5:47 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Damien HC Bechtel is out a month before the season. They were involved in a brawl during a passing league tournament this month. They got a bunch of transfers this off season including one from Mater Dei. Should see some movement from their roster in the coming days. 

I mentioned them last year starting to get a lot of players coming in.  The Fontana Trojans best players are going to that school. 

On 7/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, HurricaneNick said:

Another D1 transfer from almost 50 miles away for the local homegrown public school that doesn’t recruit. Will you be calling Matt Logan a “slave catcher” like you called Bruce Rollinson? Or does that not apply when it’s your head coach? Clown. @SoCalFball 

IMG_0779.jpeg

Centennial needs beef upfront to beat Mater Dei. All the athletes in the world aren't gonna stop the big uglies from pounding their ass

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

We don’t want a bye before playing Gorman. Just can’t get anyone to play. Sucks for the kids. 

You guys should get out of the niaa. I don’t think anyone wants to see Gorman play the other Nevada schools lol

Yeah I know and definitely want to play much as possible 

Only other option is img and SFA but we would have to load up and be 2-3 deep at every position incase a kid goes down and need more money from the money ppl 

Would probably need housing for kids to come to Gorman 

It's a process and also it's already tough to get games so that's another thing like 99% of California won't play us 

If we have 7-8 easy games then we should just stay in Vegas 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Centennial needs beef upfront to beat Mater Dei. All the athletes in the world aren't gonna stop the big uglies from pounding their ass

I am just giving him shit for crying about private school transfers. I think Cen10 gives MD some trouble, but nothing serious. 

On 7/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, steeler01 said:

It wasn't the linemen responsible for SJB receivers with 10 yd gaps between them and the nearest defender in last years playoff.  Cen10 has to be able to make some stops defensively to have a shot, even if it's a long shot.

On 7/29/2024 at 8:01 PM, On2whls said:

It wasn't the linemen responsible for SJB receivers with 10 yd gaps between them and the nearest defender in last years playoff.  Cen10 has to be able to make some stops defensively to have a shot, even if it's a long shot.

Getting stops starts upfront. If there's no pressure on the QB or you're not able to stop the run, you're going to have to rely on turnovers to stop the other team.  That's not a recipe for success. 

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Getting stops starts upfront. If there's no pressure on the QB or you're not able to stop the run, you're going to have to rely on turnovers to stop the other team.  That's not a recipe for success. 

Considering the capability of SJB ground game, they did fairly well at containing that.  And, they did get some pressure on the QB, but they really struggled with downfield coverage. Two defenders on one receiver while another ran open etc.  

Even a team with a DLine like MD could struggle if they couldn't cover downfield against a good team with a balanced offensive attack.

They've added some pieces in the secondary so maybe that will help against the better teams. 

37 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Considering the capability of SJB ground game, they did fairly well at containing that.  And, they did get some pressure on the QB, but they really struggled with downfield coverage. Two defenders on one receiver while another ran open etc.  

Even a team with a DLine like MD could struggle if they couldn't cover downfield against a good team with a balanced offensive attack.

They've added some pieces in the secondary so maybe that will help against the better teams. 

That's because Cen10 sold out and front loaded everyone on Defense in the box to stop the run . They gambled that SJB would have to beat them deep, and they did .