Some California news

Ararar

13 minutes ago, Moist and Plump said:

texas won't even play delasuck any more thats how big of cowards they are. miss me with your nonsense, america knows who is ducking the smoke and it sure aint so cal. 

Since you’re new here, you probably didn’t know that De La Salle was scheduled to come play Texas in 2020. 

19 minutes ago, Moist and Plump said:

texas won't even play delasuck any more thats how big of cowards they are. miss me with your nonsense, america knows who is ducking the smoke and it sure aint so cal. 

Plump!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Okay, so according to you,

Playing St. Johns College, IMG Academy, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, and St Frances in back-to-back-to-back-to-back years is like facing low-tier, not to be taken seriously, Tier 4, garbage since they are, “Not the smoke”.

. . . and not playing “De La Suck” [and I’m pretty sure that’s “Salle”] = cowards.

Anything else for me?

12 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Since you’re new here, you probably didn’t know that De La Salle was scheduled to come play Texas in 2020. 

mater dei 45 texas 3

bosco 52 texas 14

img 41 texas 14

st. frances 47 texas 7

and ducked out of another 40 point loss at the hands of delasuck.

like i said.......trash state with terrible football. these cowards dont want the smoke and they know it.

2 hours ago, Moist and Plump said:

mater dei 45 texas 3

bosco 52 texas 14

img 41 texas 14

st. frances 47 texas 7

like i said.......trash state with terrible football. these cowards dont want the smoke and they know it.

Moist!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moist and Plump said:

mater dei 45 texas 3

bosco 52 texas 14

img 41 texas 14

st. frances 47 texas 7

Like Oh My God.

I never knew how supposedly trash and cowardly Texas football really was.

Now maybe you can explain what, “the smoke” is.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moist and Plump said:

mater dei 45 texas 3

bosco 52 texas 14

img 41 texas 14

st. frances 47 texas 7

Do you remember when, “IMG got violated” [Your words] by Mater Dei 28-24.

Then St John Bosco beat them worse 41-18.

What do you call that again?

4 hours ago, Moist and Plump said:

mater dei 45 texas 3

bosco 52 texas 14

img 41 texas 14

st. frances 47 texas 7

Do me a favor;

List the OOS opponents for your states top team each year for the last 10 seasons [2014-2024]. We can compare with Texas OOS opponents for the last 10 seasons.

Please & Thank you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Do you remember when, “IMG got violated” [Your words] by Mater Dei 28-24.

Then St John Bosco beat them worse 41-18.

What do you call that again?

I call it a fluke tbh. Championship game results from that year below ⬇️ 

IMG_0487.jpeg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Moist and Plump said:

mater dei 45 texas 3

bosco 52 texas 14

img 41 texas 14

st. frances 47 texas 7

Don't forget:

Gorman 44-14 over Cedar Hill

Liberty  21-14 over Westlake

Amat 42-7 over Aledo

Life Christian 26-14 over Cibolo Steele

IMG 47-29 over Desoto

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Edison69 said:

Don't forget:

Amat 42-7 over Aledo

IMG 47-29 over Desoto

Don’t forget the part where the Texas team lost worse in Texas, to a Texas team than the OOS team.

Like you always do.

Aren’t you supposed to be on your own page talking to yourself?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Edison69 said:

Don't forget:

Amat 42-7 over Aledo

IMG 47-29 over Desoto

Apparently Bishop Amat played a 12-3 Loyola Academy from Chicago. Cant find the game anywhere but wish they were more active in playing OOS

https://www.maxpreps.com/il/wilmette/loyola-academy-ramblers/football/17-18/schedule/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

Don’t forget the part where the Texas team lost worse in Texas, to a Texas team than the OOS team.

Like you always do.

Aren’t you supposed to be on your own page talking to yourself?

It’s definitely an advantage not to travel 2,000 miles and across two time zones, adjust to a new climate, and play with different rules and field markings. It would be weird if that didn’t happen, I think.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

It’s definitely an advantage not to travel 2,000 miles and across two time zones, adjust to a new climate, and play with different rules and field markings. It would be weird if that didn’t happen, I think.

How does this differ at all from what college athletes do now? Isn’t this the direction where HSFB is wanting to go?

To be like college?

Alright. To make it fair,

Let’s exclude all out of state games where the traveling team from out of state lost. 

That evens the playing field.

Let me just point out the fact that the other teams are the ones wanting to come to Texas to play Texas powers on account of them failing to have competition in their own states. Not the other way around. 

• Confused 1

On 5/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, timblacktv said:

Apparently Bishop Amat played a 12-3 Loyola Academy from Chicago. Cant find the game anywhere but wish they were more active in playing OOS

https://www.maxpreps.com/il/wilmette/loyola-academy-ramblers/football/17-18/schedule/

Actually Loyola won that game despite having quite a few of their starters out. I would like to see IL's better teams stretch out to play OOS across the country. It might surprise a few people.

On 5/29/2024 at 5:08 PM, SeaShells21 said:

Let me just point out the fact that the other teams are the ones wanting to come to Texas to play Texas powers on account of them failing to have competition in their own states. Not the other way around. 

Not fact at all IMO.  I think they play in Texas for the competition and experience.  You just can't get Texas football atmosphere any place else and for a kid that is pretty cool.  Plenty of competition in state with the exception of those at the very top of the food chain.  

And also, as you said, those Texas teams that have hosted OOS teams have gone on to lose even bigger to other Texas teams, so maybe they are powers and maybe not.  

• Like 3

How does this differ at all from what college athletes do now? Isn’t this the direction where HSFB is wanting to go?

To be like college?

Alright. To make it fair,

Let’s exclude all out of state games where the traveling team from out of state lost. 

That evens the playing field.

I was specifically referring to the fact that Texas is the only state in the country that literally has different rules. Their field markings are even different. It's a tremendous advantage if you've played within those rules your whole life, especially when the other teams is playing under them for the first time in theirs. It's also why Texas doesn't travel. Another big advantage. Just my opinion...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Yes, but that's not unique to Texas. The "powers" anywhere today are infinitely better than their local competition. It would be the same case if Texas were interested in playing powers... they'd be calling other states.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I was specifically referring to the fact that Texas is the only state in the country that literally has different rules. Their field markings are even different. It's a tremendous advantage if you've played within those rules your whole life, especially when the other teams is playing under them for the first time in theirs. It's also why Texas doesn't travel. Another big advantage. Just my opinion...

43 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Yes, but that's not unique to Texas. The "powers" anywhere today are infinitely better than their local competition. It would be the same case if Texas were interested in playing powers... they'd be calling other states.

Touché

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 4:58 PM, Gospeeder said:

Actually Loyola won that game despite having quite a few of their starters out. I would like to see IL's better teams stretch out to play OOS across the country. It might surprise a few people.

Was this game actually played or is this a typo? I cant find any article or picture or video of that game anywhere. Maybe it was Loyola from California and its a typo

7 hours ago, timblacktv said:

Was this game actually played or is this a typo? I cant find any article or picture or video of that game anywhere. Maybe it was Loyola from California and its a typo

Yeah kinda strange, but Los Angeles Loyola is on there, too. They play every year. Great rivalry going way back.

image.thumb.png.3d2c9efcacf7a86e373042fb8bcb6f95.png

On 6/1/2024 at 6:59 PM, Moist and Plump said:

in all fairness. an average so cal team (think D4-5 playoff team) would make the rest of the nation look like chumps on almost any given friday/saturday. its that simple.

If you really think teams like La Serna, Corona del Mar, Orange Vista, or Newbury Park would make teams like Duncanville, N. Shore, STA, or Miami Central look like chumps then you really are a clown.  

IMG_0106.jpeg

• Haha 1