So how good was Katy's defense today?

TigerHat

6 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

A while back I was on another bulletin board having a discussion about the merits of Windows 10 as an operating system. There was another person extolling the technical merits of that OS - finally I said to him: "You do know that you're talking to the person who designed Microsoft's first multi-user computer don't you?" I was also the lead programmer on one of the Linux software sub projects and have actually written a high school football score projector program. I strongly suspect I have forgotten more about computers and software than you are ever likely to know.

What you need to do is explain the relevace. Seems to me this is a stereotypical false equivilance. 

For the record, I use Microsoft and will not touch anything apple. But that is because of personal bias. Nothing to do with designing computers. 

Just now, noonereal said:

I do, idid. It is obviously overrated on the national level. This is caused by twofactors. Human bias in favor of RD and a weak schedule that feeds the bias.

Allen is the same thing. 

You use calpreps as an assessment tool and don't have a clue how it works or why.  Tigerhat will gladly educate you on it, but I'm sure as usual you will exit stage left so you aren't exposed intellectually.

• Haha 1

As a computer design engineer I quickly ran into the boundary conditions that limit the functionality of formal logic. The lower limit is self reference, the upper limit applies to any case which is complex enough to have contradictory inputs. Logic is simply not applicable out side of those boundary conditions. You seem to pride yourself on knowledge of formal logic - but you didn't even know that logic doesn't apply outside of its very narrowly defined limits. If the Universe was a completely logical place where the rules of logic applied to everything the very concepts of "illogical" or "contradiction" could not exist.

In other words, your sad attempts to play "Mr. Spock" at me - fail badly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

As a computer design engineer I quickly ran into the boundary conditions that limit the functionality of formal logic. The lower limit is self reference, the upper limit applies to any case which is complex enough to have contradictory inputs. Logic is simply not applicable out side of those boundary conditions. You seem to pride yourself on knowledge of formal logic - but you didn't even know that logic doesn't apply outside of its very narrowly defined limits. If the Universe was a completely logical place where the rules of logic applied to everything the very concepts of "illogical" or "contradiction" could not exist.

Good post. Look at the bright side, I am a giants fan. Apply logic to that!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

TigerHat, when you leave this world, I want your brain.  I have never been able to teach myself programming aside from simple scripts and it drives me nuts.  Thank you in advance. 😀

Now back to the topic...

This is to any Texan who cares to answer.

Which big school outside of ET has ventured out of state?  I understand WHY you guys say you  don't go oos and completely disagree with it btw but do any of you see this changing in the future?  

Different situations and state's but if DLS didn't get out of NorCal that would suck.  Plus we get to watch better football games, the kids get an experience of traveling and seeing new things that they will remember forever.   A win/win...unless they lose then it's a win/win/lose which is still cool.  

11 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Which big school outside of ET has ventured out of state?  I understand WHY you guys say you  don't go oos and completely disagree with it btw but do any of you see this changing in the future?  

Different situations and state's but if DLS didn't get out of NorCal that would suck.  Plus we get to watch better football games, the kids get an experience of traveling and seeing new things that they will remember forever.   A win/win...unless they lose then it's a win/win/lose which is still cool.  

In recent memory Jesuit played Loyola Academy in Ireland, SLC played Union and Broken Arrow in OK. Skyline played glades central in Fla. (2010). Of course many games in the Battle on the Border in LA.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Serious thought. 

You champion the eye test. Ok.

I champion qualify and quantify.

Years back i would go to high school games and at halftime we would talk about the first half. 

No two people agreed.

It was pretty clear after a while that people saw what they wanted to see and did not see what did not suit their wants. 

I stopped talking about the games at halftime. 

You should have found smarter people to sit by at games. That was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was letting the opinions of the idiots you joined with at football games mold your opinion on the acumen of others. 

Your third mistake was announcing that you let these idiots that you obviously hang out with at football games hurt your own personal football acumen. 

Without giving out too much information... One of the folks you talked football with at halftime names didn't start with P and end with PS did it? What about start with Sam and end with man? 

xD

3 hours ago, TigerHat said:

A while back I was on another bulletin board having a discussion about the merits of Windows 10 as an operating system. There was another person extolling the technical merits of that OS - finally I said to him: "You do know that you're talking to the person who designed Microsoft's first multi-user computer don't you?" I was also the lead programmer on one of the Linux software sub projects and have actually written a high school football score projector program. I strongly suspect I have forgotten more about computers and software than you are ever likely to know.

What CPU were you programming for? Z80A, Xerox 8080? ASCII, machine, or assembly?

Atascocita won't be a cakewalk. Neither will North Shore or Houston Lamar. At least I don't think any of those games will be. It's bad news for every other team in the state (including Allen)  if they start playing at 2015 levels. We shall see.

I've still got them winning region 3. It'll probably be Katy vs Lamar for the right to play Lake Travis.

6 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Can I ask, what is a multi-user computer ? Are you referring to a server or a  desk top terminal  connected to the cloud ?

6 hours ago, World Citizen said:

SLC - Played and beat Tulsa Union and Broken Arrow at their home stadiums.

Trinity has played in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Washington

Tyler Lee, Texas High, Klein Forest - have played in Ohio

Aledo, Spring, Carter, Skyline, Arlington Lamar, Bridgeport - have played in Florida.

Many times have played elite teams in Louisiana.

Hundreds of Trips into Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas

I know we have played in PA

Dallas Bishop Lynch has played in Illinois

This is just off the top of my head

• Thanks 1