So how good was Katy's defense today?

TigerHat

2 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Well, Cy Ranch got its seven points on defense. If you also give them a point for each yard of offense they generated against the Katy defense - Katy still wins the game 55-38. So yeah, they were that good. 

Yet you girls continually say how GREAT Tejas football IS!xD There aren't twenty teams in your whole state, that can get out of it's own way!

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Obviously

The top 4 teams in TX do not have 1 top 100 win.

Pathetic. 

Not true according to HSFBA rankings.  In their most recent poll: Allen, duncanville and Katy, were all ranked in the top 4 and each had a top 100 win.

I see you still talk from the side of your neck, not much has changed.

First of all let me say,,, anytime you start a thread like this , you're inviting the Katy bashers to comment. Secondly, the defense might be good but not as good as 2015 IMO,,,, although the offense is probably better. If there had been no flood this year things might be a bit clearer. Katy was supposed to play Klein Collins and Austin Westlake the first 2 games of this year. If they had played then obviously we wouldn't have as many undefeated teams in the State. You can't read too much into the Katy- Woodlands game either. Practice had just begun for them a week or 2 earlier. This is the week that we start to find out how good Katy really is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

First of all let me say,,, anytime you start a thread like this , you're inviting the Katy bashers to comment. Secondly, the defense might be good but not as good as 2015 IMO,,,, although the offense is probably better. If there had been no flood this year things might be a bit clearer. Katy was supposed to play Klein Collins and Austin Westlake the first 2 games of this year. If they had played then obviously we wouldn't have as many undefeated teams in the State. You can't read too much into the Katy- Woodlands game either. Practice had just begun for them a week or 2 earlier. This is the week that we start to find out how good Katy really is.

This is the right time to peak.  Agree, this week will be a good measuring stick for katy.

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not true according to HSFBA rankings.  In their most recent poll: Allen, duncanville and Katy, were all ranked in the top 4 and each had a top 100 win.

I see you still talk from the side of your neck, not much has changed.

Please stop.

I know fake news is the way to go for you real Americans these days but my post was wholly accurate and taken from the one definitive source and you know it.

Donald would be proud though. 

Tell us about your crowd size, he also does. 

Just now, noonereal said:

Please stop.

I know fake news is the way to go for you real Americans these days but my post was wholly accurate and taken from the one definitive source and you know it.

Donald would be proud though. 

Tell us about your crowd size, he also does. 

All you do is troll. You have no true knowledge or love for the game.  You run from thread to thread trolling GA and now Texas and resurrecting those old,silly sophomoric GA threads.  

You are a big reason this site has slipped...you are one of the loudest and the least knowledgeable of the subject.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

What would KT's record be (or Allen) if they played in Trinity? 

Get it guys?

Could be the same.  You don't watch the trinity, you just fart out what calpreps says.

MD is the best team in that league, the rest are meh.  I watched the SJB and STA game and was not overly impressed.  It's funny the hype never matches reality.

but keep nutting on calpreps, I'm sure it's more entertaning than watching the real thing. Smh

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

All you do is troll. You have no true knowledge or love for the game.  You run from thread to thread trolling GA and now Texas and resurrecting those old,silly sophomoric GA threads.  

You are a big reason this site has slipped...you are one of the loudest and the least knowledgeable of the subject.

That's telling me! 

Truth is, Texas is wayyyyyyyyy over rated and it irks you when it's pointed out.

But, have a Merry Christmas!!! (I know saying Holidays to you enrages yo) 

31 minutes ago, noonereal said:

That's telling me! 

Truth is, Texas is wayyyyyyyyy over rated and it irks you when it's pointed out.

You're a HSFB groupie.  This is the crowd, so you follow wanting to be part of the action and since you don't really know football, you just troll instead to draw attention to yourself.  

The reality is you OOS guys yap about your level of play and it's not that great.  Stop trying to compare yourself to the rest of the country. You all need to tone it down and just enjoy your playoffs. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Klein Collins destroyed Atascocita and beat Lamar soundly.....North Shore is down and not what they were.

Katy, if good as advetised should blow up those teams.

You know it, quit playing around.

I'm not holding Houston teams to early losses, too much to factor the hurricane into the equations..

Atascocita has rebounded well and so has north shore if you have been paying attention.  Are you aware NS is young with a freshman QB phenom and a stud sophomore RB?  These young kids are clicking right now...

Both teams lost only to top teams: manvel, westfield and Klein collins.  

57 minutes ago, noonereal said:

What would KT's record be (or Allen) if they played in Trinity? 

Get it guys?

Katy is one of 8 teams in their district - all of them are above the nation wide average CalPreps rating of 0. However - Katy's CalPreps rating goes down every year because Katy has no choice but to play those teams, and CalPreps penalizes good teams for playing lower rated teams. It is not as if Texas teams have any choice as to whom they play during district play. Put Mater Dei or De La Salle into Houston Lamar's horrible district in place of Houston Lamar and see what CalPreps then thinks of them - EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULD BE PRECISELY THE SAME TEAMS THEY ARE NOW. Their rating would be capped in the low to mid 50's just like Lamar's rating is every year, and YOU would be saying they stink.

The team Katy held to 31 yards ( or 28 yards, depending on who did the box score ) was better than about 95% of the high school teams in the country according to CalPreps - even though CalPreps systematically down grades Texas teams for the reasons I have just explained. So yeah, Katy and Allen are better than their CalPreps ratings, and would do just fine in California's vaunted Trinity league - thank you.

In 2015 when De LaSalle won the State Championship in California - they lost to Euless Trinity. Are you claiming that Euless Trinity wouldn't have done well in California that year? Please.

1 minute ago, GlenC7 said:

North Shore is playing really well right now, I'm not sure anyone would be looking forward to playing them. They are like the Trinity (DFW) of the GHA. You can't count on beating those guys.

True.  What happended 10 weeks ago is not all that important, whether it's wins or losses.

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm not holding Houston teams to early losses, too much to factor the hurricane into the equations..

Atascocita has rebounded well and so has north shore if you have been paying attention.  Are you aware NS is young with a freshman QB phenom and a stud sophomore RB?  These young kids are clicking right now...

Both teams lost only to top teams: manvel, westfield and Klein collins.  

You did not want to factor in the hurricane when The Woodlands played Katy...it's on the record. According to you both teams were GREAT! Anyways,  9_9

Longview plays Klein Collins this week.

Katy plays Atascocita this week.....Klein Collins crushed Atascoctia 41-0.

No one in their right mind thinks Atascocita is at Klein Collins level rebound or NO rebound.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

That's telling me! 

You can say that again!! People saying Happy Holidays is malicious and disrespectful. It is only intended to undermine Christians celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. So don't be that person. 

And to your Texas trolling. Texas is by far the deepest state in the country and the Trinity League only has 2 great teams in it with a bunch of average to good ones. No different than Allen with the Plano schools. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You did not want to factor in the hurricane when The Woodlands played Katy...it's on the record. According to you both teams were GREAT! Anyways,  9_9

Longview plays Klein Collins this week.

Katy plays Atascocita this week.....Klein Collins crushed Atascoctia 41-0.

No one in their right mind thinks Atascocita is at Klein Collins level rebound or NO rebound.

I know for fact hurricane Harvey was factor early in the season for many teams down that way.