CA State Bowl DI-AA St. Mary's 35 CC 38 F-OT

PrepGridiron

Well, ST. MARY's blew their chances. 2 trips deep into the redzone and ZERO points. They've been the alpha in this game but only have a tie game to show for it --- and possibly a deficit if CC scores in the next 90 seconds. Penalties are hurting them again and putting them in long conversion situations. Credit to the DONS for toughening up when they had to.

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Well, it's an even game but it shouldn't be. The DONS have to like where they're at. CC gets the ball to open the 2nd half and that could be a big series in dictating flow.

VC is kicking themselves for not scoring on two fumbles at Madison 25.SM has put themselves in the same situation 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I'd take the odds. The can move at will and defense seems effective. Put up points and put CC away. Obviously not happening but I'd keep going for it. 

I just didn't like the decision from the 10 yard line. They attempted to kick the series before from the 12 after a 5yd penalty. Seems logical that you'd do the same thing again from nearly as far out.

I know the kid missed the kick the series before from the same hash, but it surely wasn't due to distance. I would have given him a 2nd crack at it -- especially since the DONS had shown to be tough in the redzone 2 times in a row.

But what do I know, I'm sitting in my living room watching from a warm house instead of being out there ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I just didn't like the decision from the 10 yard line. They attempted to kick the series before from the 12 after a 5yd penalty. Seems logical that you'd do the same thing again from nearly as far out.

I know the kid missed the kick the series before from the same hash, but it surely wasn't due to distance. I would have given him a 2nd crack at it -- especially since the DONS had shown to be tough in the redzone 2 tines in a row.

But what do I know, I'm sitting in my living room watching from a warm house instead of being out there ;)

In hindsight, both moves look dumb because they have 0 to show for it. I just think the way they've been able to move and the two previous outcomes in the red zone would have dictated the decisions. 

But im the same as you. Lounging in my warm living room. 

• Like 1