Aquinas falls to Chaminade, 29-22

badrouter

This is a bad loss for the Raiders. Chaminade has lost QBs all season, and was forced to recruit Miami Central's QB- who was benched following a 16-8 loss to Lakeland- and he came over less than two weeks ago. Chaminade, who almost certainly has the best OC in the state, managed to win anyway. STA's soft rushing defense we saw vs. Biship Gorman was exploited again. STA elected to punt on 4th and about 6 from Chaminade territory with about 4 minutes and two TOs left. Chaminade went exclusively to the Wildcat and proceeded to bleed the clock completely dry.

The Lions aren't nearly as good this season as last, but still beat their biggest area recruiting competitor. If Chaminade can hold onto their coaches for years, they have a legitimate chance to unseat STA as the best program in Broward county. I suspect the OC may be headed for bigger things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

This is a bad loss for the Raiders. Chaminade has lost QBs all season, and was forced to recruit Miami Central's QB- who was benched following a 16-8 loss to Lakeland- and he came over less than two weeks ago. Chaminade, who almost certainly has the best OC in the state, managed to win anyway. STA's soft rushing defense we saw vs. Biship Gorman was exploited again. STA elected to punt on 4th and about 6 from Chaminade territory with about 4 minutes and two TOs left. Chaminade went exclusively to the Wildcat and proceeded to bleed the clock completely dry.

The Lions aren't nearly as good this season as last, but still beat their biggest area recruiting competitor. If Chaminade can hold onto their coaches for years, they have a legitimate chance to unseat STA as the best program in Broward county. I suspect the OC may be headed for bigger things.

You got all that from one game, huh. 

Amazing 

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

Amazing 

No.

Anybody could've seen it over multiple games if they were paying attention.

Where I disagree is the idea that this means anything in the overall scheme of things. Chaminade is still a small performing arts school that lost to Ely.

Roger still runs the best program in South Florida, by far.

But the regression of the offensive line and defense is now showing over multiple seasons and has to be addressed.

18 hours ago, RedZone said:

Amazing 

Negative, ghost rider. I've watched three Chaminade games this year, and many more over the last few years. I watched a season-long documentary for them last season as well. Last season's Chaminade team had the greatest passing attack in the history of the state. Yet, despite losing mega stars like J.J. Smith and CJ Bailey, and losing several QBs to injury or transfer this season, they continue to put up really good offensive numbers.

STA is still plenty strong, but they will have a harder time attracting some players now that Chaminade is making credible claims as the best program in the area (not historically, but currently). Certainly, QBs and WRs would be perfectly reasonable in choosing to play for the current C-M staff.

Good news for STA is that another state title is well within reach: This Lakeland team has not shown itself to be a powerful running team as they've been in the past. They aren't as formidable on the ground as either Gorman or even air-raid Chaminade. They will have to throw to open up the run, and I think STA likes that. Lakeland is probably the favorite at this point, but that also plays into STA's hands psychologically. Lakeland has done well as an underdog, but not as well as favorites. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

Negative, ghost rider. I've watched three Chaminade games this year, and many more over the last few years. I watched a season-long documentary for them last season as well. Last season's Chaminade team had the greatest passing attack in the history of the state. Yet, despite losing mega stars like J.J. Smith and CJ Bailey, and losing several QBs to injury or transfer this season, they continue to put up really good offensive numbers.

STA is still plenty strong, but they will have a harder time attracting some players now that Chaminade is making credible claims as the best program in the area (not historically, but currently). Certainly, QBs and WRs would be perfectly reasonable in choosing to play for the current C-M staff.

Good news for STA is that another state title is well within reach: This Lakeland team has not shown itself to be a powerful running team as they've been in the past. They aren't as formidable on the ground as either Gorman or even air-raid Chaminade. They will have to throw to open up the run, and I think STA likes that. Lakeland is probably the favorite at this point, but that also plays into STA's hands psychologically. Lakeland has done well as an underdog, but not as well as favorites. 

STA has the brand name and the history to boot.  Kids love to migrate towards schools that are known across the country.  STA is a national brand.  For a reason. 

46 minutes ago, 181pl said:

florida is battered from top to bottom on all levels football wise and in real life. Only bright spot for football are the Buccaneers and Canes so far…

Well that's what happens when you have a moron governor who knows nothing about athletics interjecting his clueless people into the state association then trying to run things without knowing the current standing of athletics in the state 

Anyone who watched the meeting when they reversed course on metro suburban could see that the "new FHSAA board of directors" was only going to make stupid decisions and everything since has shown how incompetent this leadership is 

29 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Well that's what happens when you have a moron governor who knows nothing about athletics interjecting his clueless people into the state association then trying to run things without knowing the current standing of athletics in the state 

Anyone who watched the meeting when they reversed course on metro suburban could see that the "new FHSAA board of directors" was only going to make stupid decisions and everything since has shown how incompetent this leadership is 

A Look Back on Ron DeSantis's Time as an Ivy League Athlete | The Daily Pennsylvanian (thedp.com)

On 10/19/2024 at 10:34 AM, tommygun58 said:

Playing a sport doesn't make someone intelligent in how everything surrounding the sport operates 

If it did then every ex player turned coach or athletic director would excel at their job. Bet you can't make that claim but nice try. I'll give you a C for effort but F for accuracy 🙄

On 10/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, Atticus Finch said:

No.

Anybody could've seen it over multiple games if they were paying attention.

Where I disagree is the idea that this means anything in the overall scheme of things. Chaminade is still a small performing arts school that lost to Ely.

Roger still runs the best program in South Florida, by far.

But the regression of the offensive line and defense is now showing over multiple seasons and has to be addressed.

The sky is falling. STA will be fine. I like Indorf as a QB. Thought he was a jr but Maxpreps says SR.