Olympic Games - Paris

53 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The way it happened was unlikely.  It was thought prior to the race that an American might medal if it was a tactically expected race.  Instead Engbritson tried to break them all with too hot a start and outran his kick.  Plus, unless you've been a miler, it's hard to understand how difficult it is to lose cadence during a kick and have to re-establish or even tougher, step it up as shocker did.

Before the race I was pretty confident Kerr would win because the last few times he and Ingebritsen faced off, he has tactically beaten him with the kick. Ingebritsen has no kick . He just goes out and wants to drag the other runners into deep waters with his relentless pace . Kerr just hangs and always gets him in the end . But the American, Wow !!! Like you said, breaking cadence around the back stretch and then having to reestablish it and out kick Kerr . 

Warholm, the other Norwegian racing in the 400 hurdles ,  has the similar  tactic like Ingebritsen, just relentless pace from the start . The American Rai Benjamin has the strong kick at the end . Should be a fantastic race also

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

USA vs Brazil women’s volleyball on now.  
Winner goes for the gold.  

USA women took out Poland in the quarterfinals, while the USA men’s squad lost to Poland yesterday in the semis.  

Heading to the 5th set!  
Great match.  

Update:  🇺🇸 💪 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bormio said:

If Hocker got through the first time, would have had the world record

Or real close.  3:26 flat has stood the test of time for a long time now . I haven't followed Hocker , but has he ever approached this level before ?  I know Kerr had his personal best time ever and Hocker's time is the olympic record

57 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

200 meters time!  💨 

Will Noah double the 100/200 a la Carl Lewis?  

Will Kung Fu Kenny take it?  

Hopefully two Americans make the podium.  

Kenny gets the silver, Noah gets bronze.  
Tebogo gold!  

https://x.com/travismillerx13/status/1821616541000937718?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

IMG_1488.jpeg

Update:  Noah ran with Covid tonight.  😮  

USA certainly have high quality subs ready to fill in for the 4x100 finals, if needed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@nptb17 just watched the 4x100 prelims… 😳  

You will not be pleased.   

USA had no baton hiccups, although Coleman to Kerley was a bit sluggish.  

I've got it dvr'd. I'm America all day and I seen the times and Jamaica not qualifying.