Olympic Games - Paris

26 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

😮

IMG_1410.jpeg

Oblique looked so fast and smooth in the semis.  

Kung Fu Kenny didn’t have it tonight.  Hopefully he gets it for the 200.  

Noah will surely be the favorite for the 200.  

Noah still won, while Thompson also had a slow reaction time.  

Kerley wow… sure helped him get the bronze.  

IMG_1411.jpeg

22 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Women’s beach volleyball with proper attire now.  😂 
US vs Italy.  

I watched Spain vs Switzerland earlier.  
The Swiss won, but the shorter chicas looked better.  :) 

I seen that...I have since removed my lawsuit for crimes against humanity.  ;)

All is right in the universe again.

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2024 at 5:27 AM, RedZone said:

Speaking of women's beach volleyball the little one for the US is from New Orleans and went to Mt Carmel> an all girls Catholic high school with an enrollment of about 1300 here.

The little one (Nuss) won 5 state championships in high school......3 volleyball and 2 basketball

Mt Carmel is considered a national Powerhouse in volleyball. Their highest ever ranking was 2018 when they finish #13 nationally.

They dipped a little bit last year though going 35-10 and actually lost to your school STA 2-0 in a preseason tournament. STA would go on to win a state championship

St Mary's (another large all girls Catholic school) was the team last year in New Orleans going 44-2 and finishing #18 in the nation.

Anyways the little one (Nuss) was a hell of an athlete in high school.

Pulling for them!! 

Unfortunately the LSU sucks and their team doesn’t even Make the Quarterfinals…..

Those Girls need to Move to So Cal and Train with the Real Beach Volleyball Players if they want to win Gold Medals…..

It’s too bad, what a waste of Talent, but you can’t train for world class Beach Vollyball in New Orleans when the real competition is in So Cal….

Had those girls gone to USC and lived and trained in So Cal, they would be playing for Gold!….

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Unfortunately the LSU sucks and their team doesn’t even Make the Quarterfinals…..

Those Girls need to Move to So Cal and Train with the Real Beach Volleyball Players if they want to win Gold Medals…..

It’s too bad, what a waste of Talent, but you can’t train for world class Beach Vollyball in New Orleans when the real competition is in So Cal….

Had those girls gone to USC and lived and trained in So Cal, they would be playing for Gold!….

I don't know enough or care enough to debate women's beach volleyball. 

I do know Kristen Nuss and Taryn Kloth were #2 in the World just behind the women from Brazil. They were one of the favorites to win the Gold.

They didn't get it done. 

I'm crushed. 😭

43 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't know enough or care enough to debate women's beach volleyball. 

I do know Kristen Nuss and Taryn Kloth were #2 in the World just behind the women from Brazil. They were one of the favorites to win the Gold.

They didn't get it done. 

I'm crushed. 😭

IMG_0099.jpeg

• Haha 1

Gabby kicked ass… and looked “fine” doing it.  :) 💪 

https://x.com/travismillerx13/status/1820909481787576770?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

… and Cole Hocker!  🤩 
What a kick!  

Can’t find room to the inside, pulls back and rips it!   

@Wooderson notice the last name of the poster of the vid below...  :)   

It’s Jim’s son. 

1500 meter gold medal!  

https://x.com/nedryun/status/1820900956625604860?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

• Like 3

14 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://x.com/travismillerx13/status/1820909481787576770?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

… and Cole Hocker!  🤩 
What a kick!  

It’s Jim’s son. 

1500 meter gold medal!  

My body decided to shut down on me (cold/allergies/Dengue fever/whatever) right as the track events started so I have watched very little at this stage 😟

What I have seen I was most impressed by the French pole vaulter who didn't clear because of his obvious giant crank. Who needs a medal when the world knows John Holmes got nothing on you.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

My body decided to shut down on me (cold/allergies/Dengue fever/whatever) right as the track events started so I have watched very little at this stage 😟

What I have seen I was most impressed by the French pole vaulter who didn't clear because of his obvious giant crank. Who needs a medal when the world knows John Holmes got nothing on you.

Hope you’re feeling better.  💪 

Quincy Hall!  USA

Gold medal winner 400 meters!  

Wow, what a kick!   43.40 🤩 

Not Michael Norman’s day.  :(  Finished last in 45.62.

Kirani James finishes 5th in 43.87

https://x.com/teamusa/status/1821266887675654304?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

5 broke 44, wow.  
43.78 doesn’t medal.  
Crazy fast race. 

• Like 1

The US track and field team is killing it.  Especially on the track.  The success of the US distance runners is amazing - gold and bronze in the men’s 1500, silver in the steeplechase, medaled in the men’s 10000.  And the 400 meters today was brilliant 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 6:33 PM, golfaddict1 said:

… and Cole Hocker!  🤩 
What a kick!  

It’s Jim’s son. 

1500 meter gold medal!  

The race of the olympics so far !!!

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

Over the mens 1500?

I commented on the wrong post.  The men's 1500 is what I meant when I said " The race of the olympics so far ".  The men's 1500 is one of the all time olympic races imop . Given the underdog status of the Americans and Ingebritsen  and Kerr status  us as by far and away the favorites .  Incredible finish and the times by all 4 at the end were incredible.  If the American hadn't been blocked off going around the last curve, which forced him to come to almost a complete stop, he would've  shaved off at least half a second off of his winning time , which would've  put his winning time in the 3:26 range . That would be near the best times ever in that event . Who saw that coming, especially how America almost never competes well in any of the races past 800 meters . That race is right up there with the Dave Wottle  800 meter  win in the 72 olympics , probably even better !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I commented on the wrong post.  The men's 1500 is what I meant when I said " The race of the olympics so far ".  The men's 1500 is one of the all time olympic races imop . Given the underdog status of the Americans and Ingebritsen  and Kerr status  us as by far and away the favorites .  Incredible finish and the times by all 4 at the end were incredible.  If the American hadn't been blocked off going around the last curve, which forced him to come to almost a complete stop, he would've  shaved off at least half a second off of his winning time , which would've  put his winning time in the 3:26 range . That would be near the best times ever in that event . Who saw that coming, especially how America almost never competes well in any of the races past 800 meters . That race is right up there with the Dave Wottle  800 meter  win in the 72 olympics , probably even better !

The way it happened was unlikely.  It was thought prior to the race that an American might medal if it was a tactically expected race.  Instead Engbritson tried to break them all with too hot a start and outran his kick.  Plus, unless you've been a miler, it's hard to understand how difficult it is to lose cadence during a kick and have to re-establish or even tougher, step it up as shocker did.

• Like 1