The adam carter special. The best and only ranked player on the team no longer playing football

Ga96

• Ga96 changed the title to The adam carter special. The best and only ranked player on the team no longer playing football

Well found out all the starting linebackers have decided to just play baseball. Two defensive ends no longer playing and a starting offensive lineman has decided to do baseball only.

Man just a complete shit show.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Well found out all the starting linebackers have decided to just play baseball. Two defensive ends no longer playing and a starting offensive lineman has decided to do baseball only.

Man just a complete shit show.

96, serious question. If your son signed a full scholarship to play D1 baseball and did a good amount of travelling playing with teams and in showcases, would you blame the football coach if he decided to focus on baseball?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

96, serious question. If your son signed a full scholarship to play D1 baseball and did a good amount of travelling playing with teams and in showcases, would you blame the football coach if he decided to focus on baseball?

I would if he was a 3 star LB but I understand not wanting to play. I blame the coach for the other players who I know that left and quit because of him. Our punter in the same position and decided to stick with it.

I also know since the player in question decided to stick with just baseball only one football coach has reached out to him. The rest are so childish they wouldn't even acknowledge his commitment to GT. What kind of coach acts that way towards a kid that has put his body on the line the last two years?

• Like 1

I do blame him for the magnitude as well. The rest of those players have no offers in baseball at the moment and all were starters on the football team. Kids playing football until they get to 9th 10th and 11th grade and quitting is a huge red flag. Also I've had conversations with him in the past. From that point of view he is very immature. 

On 7/26/2024 at 7:46 PM, Ga96 said:

Also I've had conversations with him in the past. From that point of view he is very immature. 

I almost spit my tea out at this!  You calling someone immature is rich.

• Like 1