PBS - The Firing Line with guest Mike Murphy, GOP Strategist

Just finished watching this episode on PBS.  

He’s a Republican, an anti-Trumper (who voted for President Biden in 2020) and he feels not only that Joe will lose the 2024 Presidential election, but the Democrats will lose all the key elections if he stays in the race. 

@15yds4gibberish  I think you’ll enjoy this Q and A episode, with an old school politics guy.  He can articulate his pov very well.  

https://www.pbssocal.org/shows/firing-line/episodes/mike-murphy-zojboc

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 6:21 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Just finished watching this episode on PBS.  

He’s a Republican, an anti-Trumper (who voted for President Biden in 2020) and he feels not only that Joe will lose the 2024 Presidential election, but the Democrats will lose all the key elections if he stays in the race. 

@15yds4gibberish  I think you’ll enjoy this Q and A episode, with an old school politics guy.  He can articulate his pov very well.  

https://www.pbssocal.org/shows/firing-line/episodes/mike-murphy-zojboc

Golf,

Thanks for this.  I watched it on Saturday. You were right, I did appreciate it. I had planned to respond yesterday with something about how between the debate, the Supreme Court making up a new constitution in the Federalist Society image, the loner young guy with a weapon of war attempting an assassination, and the premature  ejac...I mean RNC victory lap, the last 3 ½ weeks has been a hell of a decade in politics, but then Biden decided to step down before I got a chance.

There was an article I was going to point your way, here.  With the news of Biden stepping down, that article now has a bookend here.  Good reads with some disturbing stuff about where the felon is directing his campaign money buried in the middle of the first article.  We are headed toward a shitshow no matter what. 

Wiles and LaCivita, Trump’s co (ish) campaign managers, have been talking about how this campaign is more professional and disciplined than 2016 and 2020.  Fair enough, they’ve run a more strategic campaign, smart about messaging.   But there’s one big problem with it.  That problem is Donald Trump.  His Hindenburg of an RNC speech was the only one that went off message.  He can’t help himself.  

He’s weak and very beatable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Golf,

Thanks for this.  I watched it on Saturday. You were right, I did appreciate it. I had planned to respond yesterday with something about how between the debate, the Supreme Court making up a new constitution in the Federalist Society image, the loner young guy with a weapon of war attempting an assassination, and the premature  ejac...I mean RNC victory lap, the last 3 ½ weeks has been a hell of a decade in politics, but then Biden decided to step down before I got a chance.

There was an article I was going to point your way, here.  With the news of Biden stepping down, that article now has a bookend here.  Good reads with some disturbing stuff about where the felon is directing his campaign money buried in the middle of the first article.  We are headed toward a shitshow no matter what. 

Wiles and LaCivita, Trump’s co (ish) campaign managers, have been talking about how this campaign is more professional and disciplined than 2016 and 2020.  Fair enough, they’ve run a more strategic campaign, smart about messaging.   But there’s one big problem with it.  That problem is Donald Trump.  His Hindenburg of an RNC speech was the only one that went off message.  He can’t help himself.  

He’s weak and very beatable.

Thanks for the link shares.  👍🏻

The Democratic party is invigorated and the other party (whatever they want to call it with a fake Republican and a former anti-Trump, spineless grifter) is all-in on the white and angry mindset, watching 1970’s Archie Bunker skits.  

Nice donation rally in 24 hours, huh.  🤔 

For the angry Mensa7, some support…  

… and tomorrow, you can fight for a not winnable lawsuit, saving plastic straws and making fun of Kamala’s laugh.  👍🏻 

IMG_1075.jpeg