Brother Martin (NOLA) @ Legacy SSS, TX

RedZone

• RedZone changed the title to Brother Martin (NOLA) @ Legacy SSS, TX

Legacy SSS was about the equivalent of a good 4A school in Texas. They took out Jasper who had a pretty deep playoff run in 4A last year.

I don't know what they're bringing back or lost from last season. They're usually pretty big in the trenches.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're pulling a few Westfield kids to their school nowadays.

23 minutes ago, Champa said:

Legacy SSS was about the equivalent of a good 4A school in Texas. They took out Jasper who had a pretty deep playoff run in 4A last year.

I don't know what they're bringing back or lost from last season. They're usually pretty big in the trenches.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're pulling a few Westfield kids to their school nowadays.

Legacy SSS has 10 D1s last time I checked including a 5* QB/ATH....... he's the real deal.

We'll find out more about Legacy SSS when they play 5A Port Arthur Memorial, TX Week 2 in Port Arthur.

Port Arthur Memorial is Preseason #10 in 5A D1.....they crushed PNG last year. PNG's only loss. PNG beat South Oak Cliff for the 5A D2 State Championship last year.

23 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Legacy SSS has 10 D1s last time I checked including a 5* QB/ATH.......

Well, he's not officially a 5*,  but soon will be.

Henderson is the Top Ranked ATH in the 2026 Class. 

ESPN has Henderson the #12 overall rated Prospect in the 2026 Class

247sports 2026 ATH

Screenshot_20240719-142035-796.thumb.png.7ff73b7f400f4d1511d5dbe1ce982bcb.png

I think this Legacy SSS team is one of the most interesting teams in Texas this year. What they're trying to build is certainly worth keeping an eye on. 

No One knows how good or bad they will be this year, but this is definitely their most challenging schedule since the school started especially under Michael Bishop..... what their schedule might look like next year and how many transfers they pick up is anyone's guess. I would imagine some. 

I think they will put 22 quality players on the field this year (some playing both ways), but after those players there will be a tremendous drop off. I'm thinking they don't quite have that depth yet.

We'll see...

• 1 month later...