What Schools are playing the most Maxpreps Top 25 teams this year

SJR89

Bishop Gorman fans have no room to complain about Mater Dei starting out #1 in the polls.

You want to be the king; you have to BEAT the king! No exceptions. My team will probably never sniff top 25 nationally, and you don't see me complaining!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Bishop Gorman fans have no room to complain about Mater Dei starting out #1 in the polls.

You want to be the king; you have to BEAT the king! No exceptions. My team will probably never sniff top 25 nationally, and you don't see me complaining!

Beat IMG and you just might!!

On 7/22/2024 at 5:43 PM, Atticus Finch said:

It hasn't mattered to me in awhile. My school can't win one.

I think that Florida schools will have a true shot for the MNC once the open division playoffs start. When that happens it could be the best playoff bracket in America as well. 

I can understand why you are currently doubtful. The Calpreps end of season ratings has had a CA team at the top for 9 of the past 10 years (2023-2013). Before 2013 CP was a lot more generous to other states. 

3 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I think that Florida schools will have a true shot for the MNC once the open division playoffs start. When that happens it could be the best playoff bracket in America as well. 

I can understand why you are currently doubtful. The Calpreps end of season ratings has had a CA team at the top for 9 of the past 10 years (2023-2013). Before 2013 CP was a lot more generous to other states. 

Math is cold and dispassionate. 

Mater Dei's preseason rating is 113.8 which is 10 points higher than the highest-rated team in calpreps history, which is also Mater Dei (2021).

If Mater Dei beats JSerra by 1 point then they would receive a higher performance rating (83.1) than STA would (71) if they beat Columbus by 70 points.

It's not doomerism. It's simply understanding how predetermined the whole thing is.

• Like 1

If Venice somehow beats IMG National on October 4th, (a pipe dream, but please football gods, I beg of you, let it happen!) How would that even affect the ratings? IMG will start the season ranked number 3 on MaxPreps, while Venice comes in all the way down at 71. Would an improbable win move them into the high 50's? The low 60's? Perhaps even as far as into the 40's? It's very hard to see such a big shift in only 1 week. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2024 at 7:38 AM, RedZone said:

Well The Bishop returns a whopping 15 starters off their myth National Championship team.

8-offense

7-defense

They're replacing those 7 lost with 3* and 4* prospects..... point being it's the same damn team as last year and they may actually be upgraded in some positions. 

Just irresponsible polling. I could understand if The Bishop returned 6 or 7 starters.

Great call red. Completely irresponsible from Maxpreps. They really missed on this one. 

#1 MD 31 #2 BG 7

2mins left 4TH Q