What Schools are playing the most Maxpreps Top 25 teams this year

SJR89

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

In the last 2 years

Bishop Gorman, Duncanville, SFA wins all on the road. (They can only play teams that are willing to play them, still looking for another game this year)  Ill let you figure out what Florida team has better OOS wins.

They also play Centennial and SJB 2-3 times a year. Those are decent teams. Don’t deserve to be anywhere near the top 25 though! 

You believe every Florida team gives MD trouble. I don’t hate the bias, just admit that it’s there. A couple years ago you were saying that Lakeland wouldn’t allow Mater Dei to move the ball and then they went out and lost to Lake Gibson twice. I don’t think its egregious to say that 2021 MD was better than 2021 Lake Gibson. St John Bosco beat arguably the best team in Florida last year on the road with a no star quarterback that is going Ivy League. (heisman #1 overall pick QB comment) But we also know if Bosco played a Florida team that is quick, hungry, chip on shoulder, they would struggle. STA was simply too silver spoon. 

Also, Mater Dei was inked to go to Miami Central last year. Central backed out to play in Vegas on ESPN. Not hating on taking a free trip to Vegas at all, but we could have finally seen MD go down to a fast, hungry, chip on shoulder team from Florida. I guess we’ll have to wait to see that happen. 

Gorman is the same driving distance from Mater Dei as Central is from Lakeland. In three head to head matchups, BG has failed to distinguish itself from Miami Central. Yet, because one involves crossing a state border, it's seen as an entirely different category of opponent.

I think you're confusing the 2022 and 2021 teams. The 2022 team would've been a difficult defense for the non-Bryce Young offense. 2021 was obviously a weaker team.

Hopefully, there is truth to the rumors and Lakeland-Mater Dei may happen in 2025!

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

👇

He even lies about pretending to play golf.

Pathetic.

He must've been playing 54 today give how unserious and scattershot his responses have been.

You’ve quoted me 7 times in the last 10 minutes. If I get the notification and have time to check it, I will. Following me around on here begging for daddy to give you something. I’ve said it before, zero chance you had a dad growing up.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Gorman is the same driving distance from Mater Dei as Central is from Lakeland. In three head to head matchups, BG has failed to distinguish itself from Miami Central. Yet, because one involves crossing a state border, it's seen as an entirely different category of opponent.

I think you're confusing the 2022 and 2021 teams. The 2022 team would've been a difficult defense for the non-Bryce Young offense. 2021 was obviously a weaker team.

Hopefully, there is truth to the rumors and Lakeland-Mater Dei may happen in 2025!

I hope so! I think Centrals boneheaded 4th quarter coaching cost them that game at Gorman last year.

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I agree that there is west coast bias in maxpreps rankings

But

One of these is a 35 point win from 2022 and one of them is a 3 point win from 2011.  

The prevailing point is that the results involved different teams from different years. Hence, it would be reasonable to not put any weight in either. Armwood's win was on Bishop Gorman's  home field, as was the Chaminade game.

We have Armwood winning at BG in 2011; Central winning there in 2017; STA having their hands around BG's neck only to have a placekicker fail to convert an extra point in 2016 against the best ever BG team; Central losing on the last play in 2021; Central having BG all but beat in Vegas in 2023 before a near-miraculous late rally. And all of those games collectively are disregarded by many in favor of the 2022 Geico game where BG had a month to prepare for a home game that Chaminade had a week for. (Methinks a month's worth of prep time would've allowed Chaminade to be better prepared for the Maryland I and the TE as lead rusher.)

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

MD’s OOS wins the last 2 years are better than most if not all teams. I asked for a Florida resume that compared. Going to hit the back 9. See you in a couple hours buddy. 

Regardless, the OOS in those seasons wins aren't good enough to make MD beyond reproach. The entire argument for the unimpeachable #1 ranking nationally is the OOS schedule. Post Bryce Young, it has not been good enough to be seen in such a light. Particularly if BG was rightfully categorized as a team 4 hours from Mater Dei, rather than a team from a far away state.

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You’ve quoted me 7 times in the last 10 minutes. If I get the notification and have time to check it, I will. Following me around on here begging for daddy to give you something. I’ve said it before, zero chance you had a dad growing up.

If you had the over of 0.5 more substance-less posts then you just hit!

Just now, badrouter said:

Regardless, the OOS in those seasons wins aren't good enough to make MD beyond reproach. The entire argument for the unimpeachable #1 ranking nationally is the OOS schedule. Post Bryce Young, it has not been good enough to be seen in such a light. Particularly if BG was rightfully categorized as a team 4 hours from Mater Dei, rather than a team from a far away state.

Mater Dei should not be the preseason #1 team in the country this year despite bringing back 15 starters from a state title team and maybe having the most loaded roster in the country. What they’ve done consistently for the last 8 years, maybe better than everyone else, should not be taken into account when coming up with these rankings. They have played terrible OOS games even though nobody here can provide a better resume in that time period. Monarchs are certainly only ranked #1 to start the year because maxpreps, HSFBA, Massey, USAT  etc have a hard on for them. Not sure what else you guys would like me to say. Lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Regardless, the OOS in those seasons wins aren't good enough to make MD beyond reproach. The entire argument for the unimpeachable #1 ranking nationally is the OOS schedule.

In fact, we could pull up quotes from all of the seasons where their 1-loss teams won the MNC (2018, 2019, 2023) and we'd see their argument as basically being: "Golly, gee, you know, we see their undefeated record and multiple OOS wins on the road but we just played such a tough schedule that we're gladly take our MNC and be on our way!"

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei should not be the preseason #1 team in the country this year despite bringing back 15 starters from a state title team and maybe having the most loaded roster in the country. What they’ve done consistently for the last 8 years, maybe better than everyone else, should not be taken into account when coming up with these rankings. They have played terrible OOS games even though nobody here can provide a better resume in that time period. Monarchs are certainly only ranked #1 to start the year because maxpreps, HSFBA, Massey, USAT  etc have a hard on for them. Not sure what else you guys would like me to say. Lol

And then, when confronted with impeachable logic/facts, he cowers like a sissy and posts this shit.

A simple "you've laid out a compelling argument based on the given facts and I can't argue it" would've sufficed.

7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I don’t think anyone on here is claiming MD has to travel around the world to get to Gorman, but it is a OOS game. Not sure why you think that game is wrongfully categorized. They sat on a bus for 4.5 hours each way and put 60 kids in a hotel. It looks like South Georgia is a 3.5 hour ride from Lakeland. If Lakeland played Valdosta would you consider that an OOS matchup or rightfully categorize them as a team 4 hours from Lakeland? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And then, when confronted with impeachable logic/facts, he cowers like a sissy and posts this shit.

A simple "you've laid out a compelling argument based on the given facts and I can't argue it" would've sufficed.

I disagree with your arguments and don’t think you’ve made any decent points. You think the #1 ranking is wrong, that’s fine. I’m on here saying nobody knows who the #1 team in the country is right now. Never bragged about MD being the preseason top team but also have admitted my bias and don’t think it’s egregious. Not sure what the fix is for you. You can quote me 300 more times and continue to whine on this thread for the next month. Maybe then you’ll feel heard/seen. 

• Like 2

HA!…. Basically this is what I have learned from this discussion….

1. MD should not be #1

2. MD Playing a Team from NV does not count as OOS but any other team playing another team from any other state counts as OOS…

3. Polls are opinions of people and Teams are “Competing” for those “Opinions” and somehow MD has an unfair advantage in “Competing” for “Opinions”….

4. Florida Dudes are somehow Butt Hurt by all this….

5. And Lastly, MD should not be #1 in anyone’s “Opinion”….. 

Got it, Makes total sense to me!… 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No one should have any ranking of any kind for 2024 in July. All said ranking serve to do is reveal the biases of those who publish the ranking list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think anyone on here is claiming MD has to travel around the world to get to Gorman, but it is a OOS game. Not sure why you think that game is wrongfully categorized. They sat on a bus for 4.5 hours each way and put 60 kids in a hotel. It looks like South Georgia is a 3.5 hour ride from Lakeland. If Lakeland played Valdosta would you consider that an OOS matchup or rightfully categorize them as a team 4 hours from Lakeland? 

Lakeland will be sitting on a bus for 4.5 hours each way to play Miami Central. A Mater Dei road game at Bishop Gorman would involve sitting on a bus for 4.5 hours each way. Bishop Gorman and Miami Central amount to a push prior to any games being played, because in the three games played- none of which were on Central's home field and two of which were on BG's home field- each team has scored exactly 79 points. What this means is that, as of July 2024, a road game at BG for MD and a road game at Miami Central should be seen as exactly equal in degree of difficulty. Of course, we all know that MD's game would be rated more highly/difficult, if it were a road game this year. In fact, I'd bet people will rate the home game as also being tougher, lmao. Shyster Joe and his ilk will definitely make a bigger deal out of the MD game simply because MD's trip would've involved crossing a state border. It's really, really fucking stupid.

27 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

1. MD should not be #1

2. MD Playing a Team from NV does not count as OOS but any other team playing another team from any other state counts as OOS…

3. Polls are opinions of people and Teams are “Competing” for those “Opinions” and somehow MD has an unfair advantage in “Competing” for “Opinions”….

4. Florida Dudes are somehow Butt Hurt by all this….

5. And Lastly, MD should not be #1 in anyone’s “Opinion”….. 

Spot on! If you argue for or against the rankings you are wrong either way. Mater Dei is also a bunch of idiots for playing the only out of state teams that are willing to play them. A poverty program! 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

1. MD should not be #1. Because nobody should be ranked #1 in July.

2. MD Playing a Team from NV does not count as OOS but any other team playing another team from any other state counts as OOS… Distance/time traveled is relevant. But, depending on where schools are located, crossing a state border may involve a brief trip, while other matchups may require substantial travel. Less emphasis should be placed on crossing a state border and more should be placed on distance and, obviously, the quality of opponent. 

3. Polls are opinions of people and Teams are “Competing” for those “Opinions” and somehow MD has an unfair advantage in “Competing” for “Opinions”….Based on those who issue rankings- none more frequently mentioned than calpreps since they rate all the teams- MD does have an advantage. Simply being located in the LA metro area gives them an advantage over teams from smaller metro areas.

4. Florida Dudes are somehow Butt Hurt by all this….I will begin a Prozac cycle ASAP.

5. And Lastly, MD should not be #1 in anyone’s “Opinion”….. See #3.

See the quoted text above.

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Spot on! If you argue for or against the rankings you are wrong either way. Mater Dei is also a bunch of idiots for playing the only out of state teams that are willing to play them. A poverty program! 

I'm pretty sure Lakeland was down to play this year, they just wanted to have a 4th home game rather than only three. MD wasn't willing to travel due to having the Hawaii trip. Not saying anyone dodged anyone else, but scheduling these games is more complicated for legitimate programs who have real fan bases that attend the games.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Lakeland will be sitting on a bus for 4.5 hours each way to play Miami Central. A Mater Dei road game at Bishop Gorman would involve sitting on a bus for 4.5 hours each way. Bishop Gorman and Miami Central amount to a push prior to any games being played, because in the three games played- none of which were on Central's home field and two of which were on BG's home field- each team has scored exactly 79 points. What this means is that, as of July 2024, a road game at BG for MD and a road game at Miami Central should be seen as exactly equal in degree of difficulty. Of course, we all know that MD's game would be rated more highly/difficult, if it were a road game this year. In fact, I'd bet people will rate the home game as also being tougher, lmao. Shyster Joe and his ilk will definitely make a bigger deal out of the MD game simply because MD's trip would've involved crossing a state border. It's really, really fucking stupid.

I’m with you on the MC/BG stuff. I was really hoping the game at MC would have gone through last year. I think we all agree that that most of the ranking/rating systems are flawed. You really don’t need OOS games *IF* you are playing the top teams in your state. North Shore just won a maxpreps “national” title a few years ago with zero OOS games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm pretty sure Lakeland was down to play this year, they just wanted to have a 4th home game rather than only three. MD wasn't willing to travel due to having the Hawaii trip. Not saying anyone dodged anyone else, but scheduling these games is more complicated for legitimate programs who have real fan bases that attend the games.

I think the real issue with Lakeland/MD playing this year was that it was trying to get figured out in 2 months before the season started. Neither team wanted to travel. If either team was willing to travel I’m sure it could’ve gotten done. Not just a 4 hour bus ride (; 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, badrouter said:

No one should have any ranking of any kind for 2024 in July. All said ranking serve to do is reveal the biases of those who publish the ranking list.

So preseason rankings should be outlawed?  All because MD is #1? lol

• Haha 3

On 7/22/2024 at 7:38 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Trying to emulate Omaha Vol for lameness and unoriginality is certainly a choice.

My critiques must be pretty cutting if this is all you've got in response.

Damn, douchebag, glad to see I’m still living rent free in your head. 😂

You have no room to comment on my poll (or any other poll) until you put one of your own out. We all know you’re too chicken shit to do it. 

IMG_0047.jpeg

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Comedy routine of the year. Mater Dei, the, "poverty program!" I've read a lot of stupid things on this board, but man, nothing like this. Keem 'em coming!  😂 🤡

• Like 1