What Schools are playing the most Maxpreps Top 25 teams this year

SJR89

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Let's use this poll to assume that Mater Dei will be consensus preseason #1.

Get this.

They have now been preseason #1 in the comp poll for 5 straight years (2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024).

What's more is that they've been preseason #1 for 6 of the last 7 years (2017, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024).

But that's not all. Hold on to your butts.

The only year in that stretch where they weren't preseason #1 that distinction went to St. John Bosco (2018).

So a Trinity League team has been preseason #1 in the comp poll for 7 straight seasons.

There hasn’t been a more consistent program during that stretch. They’ve lost to 1 school in those 8 years. You know this, but it bothers you. Drop your own poll, I’m sure it will be free from any bias. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Let's use this poll to assume that Mater Dei will be consensus preseason #1.

Get this.

They have now been preseason #1 in the comp poll for 5 straight years (2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024).

What's more is that they've been preseason #1 for 6 of the last 7 years (2017, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024).

But that's not all. Hold on to your butts.

The only year in that stretch where they weren't preseason #1 that distinction went to St. John Bosco (2018).

So a Trinity League team has been preseason #1 in the comp poll for 7 straight seasons.

The Bishop should be Preseason #1 this year.  ... they are the defending myth National Champion and absolutely stacked yet again. It's pretty disrespectful not having them Preseason #1 truthfully 

Gorman has 10 D1  commits already just in the Senior class alone.

It shouldn't always have to be Mater Haze Preseason #1. When things become a given what's really the large point to it all?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The Bishop should be Preseason #1 this year.  ... they are the defending myth National Champion and absolutely stacked yet again. It's pretty disrespectful not having them Preseason #1 truthfully 

Gorman has 10 D1  commits already just in the Senior class alone.

It shouldn't always have to be Mater Haze Preseason #1. When things become a given what's really the large point to it all?

Mater Dei has 10 D1 commits in the senior class  and won more polls of the MNC last year than Gorman did. If you don’t want Mater Dei to be the preseason #1 team, you can just say that. Acting like it’s disrespectful is silly. 3-0 against BG all time.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If you don’t want Mater Dei to be the preseason #1 team, you can just say that. 

I already said it clearly

The MaxPreps Poll is being used in this thread.

The Bishop won the myth National Championship at MaxPreps in 2023.....they get the nod for Preseason #1 in 2024.. I know that offends you though.

Gorman has a monster roster again and are Preseason #2 at Maxpreps when MaxPreps could have very easily started them #1 without a question from anyone, but they "Mater Hazed" instead like a bad habit.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The Bishop won the myth National Championship at MaxPreps in 2023.....they get the nod. I know that offends you though.

Gorman has a monster roster again and are Preseason #2 at Maxpreps when MaxPreps could have very easily started them #1 without a question from anyone, but they "Mater Hazed" instead like a bad habit.

Doesn’t offend me at all, your logic is just silly. I haven’t posted 1 thread about MD being preseason #1 in every poll because it doesn’t matter. You think BG should be #1, the various polls don’t. Do you want me to send you some money so you can fire the website back up and get the rankings going?  Does Michigan need to be the preseason #1 team in the country this year because they won it all last year and have a monster roster? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Doesn’t offend me at all, your logic is just silly. I haven’t posted 1 thread about MD being preseason #1 in every poll because it doesn’t matter. You think BG should be #1, the various polls don’t. Do you want me to send you some money so you can fire the website back up and get the rankings going?  Does Michigan need to be the preseason #1 team in the country this year because they won it all last year and have a monster roster? 

My logic is never silly.

Preseason #1-bad habit

Preseason #2-best OL in the nation possibly. 

Screenshot_20240722-174738-510.thumb.png.4061805d463acb8e9af8173b1832fd10.png

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

My logic is never silly.

Preseason #1-bad habit

Screenshot_20240722-174738-510.thumb.png.4061805d463acb8e9af8173b1832fd10.png

Very bad habit to rank the program that has lost to 1 school in the last 8 seasons despite playing a national schedule every year preseason #1. Very bad habit to rank the team that is better than BG at every position besides the OL (& thats questionable) #1 in the country. Tigers got a Gorman kid, we know your logic Lol. Will the tiger db that is in jail for recording a woman during sex without her consent be playing against USC week 1? Surprised you didn’t start a thread on that matter!

• Haha 2

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Very bad habit to rank the program that has lost to 1 school in the last 8 seasons despite playing a national schedule every year preseason #1. Very bad habit to rank the team that is better at every position besides the OL (& thats questionable) #1 in the country. Tigers got a Gorman kid, we know your logic Lol. Will the tiger db that is in jail for recording a woman during sex without her consent be playing against USC week 1? Surprised you didn’t start a thread on that matter!

Yeah, your feelings are crushed just like your weak debate attempt..

You starting to babble on just like donald j trump.

Meanwhile my very simple and logical point remains. 

MaxPreps could have very easily put The Bishop Preseason #1 and the only people that would question it would be Mater Haze fanboys.

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

MaxPreps could have very easily put The Bishop Preseason #1

But they didn’t and that upsets you. You don’t know who the best team is, nobody does, you’re just upset they think at this point in the year its Mater Dei.

Not 1 thread about pre-season rankings from any MD alums on here. 

39 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The Bishop won the myth National Championship at MaxPreps in 2023.....they get the nod for Preseason #1 in 2024.. I know that offends you though.

What would you do without MD? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

That is a 2021 clip you are playing . OLU loaded up last season with more recruits . Try not deceiving when you make a post 

They were labeled as the 2021 team.

You would know that if you actually read posts and knew how to follow thought chains.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

It's the same thing that happened to De La Salle in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Lazy, herd mentality.

What's different this time around is there's a mix of dumb luck where the most popular algorithm systematically overrates them and all their opponents, and a concerted effort by MaxPreps to profit from the vibes/hype surrounding them and their league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

I haven’t posted 1 thread about MD being preseason #1 in every poll because it doesn’t matter.

This is a laugh but typical of you.

Of course being preseason #1 matters in an environment where if you can just managed not to lose 2 games you will almost certainly end at there. 

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This has nothing to do with being preseason #1 every year for 5 straight years.

You continue to never actually make a point, ever.

There is bias in every poll. Release your own and make yourself feel better. Or continue to whine like a woman. Email maxpreps, I’m sure they’ll listen. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

My logic is never silly.

Preseason #1-bad habit

This is actually a really good point which is why HurricaneNick has no response.

Defending champion in your poll and has the best offensive line in the country, with five P4 commitments, and they're preseason number.......2?

Why?

There's an obsession with Mater Dei. There's an obsession with the Trinity League. There's an obsession with the MD-SJB rivalry.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is a laugh but typical of you.

Of course being preseason #1 matters in an environment where if you can just managed not to lose 2 games you will almost certainly end at there. 

It matters if winning a mythical title is important to you. Seems like it’s a big deal to you. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Very bad habit to rank the program that has lost to 1 school in the last 8 seasons despite playing a national schedule every year preseason #1.

It's not surprising that you're really invested in this "has lost to 1 school in 8 seasons" narrative.

Given that the 1 school is probably the clubhouse leader for most overrated major program of that same time period.

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

There is bias in every poll. Release your own and make yourself feel better. Or continue to whine like a woman. Email maxpreps, I’m sure they’ll listen. 

Trying to emulate Omaha Vol for lameness and unoriginality is certainly a choice.

My critiques must be pretty cutting if this is all you've got in response.

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

It matters if winning a mythical title is important to you. Seems like it’s a big deal to you. 

Winning the mythical national championship is the organizing principle of pretty much every single California poster, here.

Certainly every Mater Dei poster.

It hasn't mattered to me in awhile. My school can't win one.

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's not surprising that you're really invested in this "has lost to 1 school in 8 seasons" narrative.

Given that the 1 school is probably the clubhouse leader for most overrated major program of that same time period.

It’s actually just a fact. MD has played a national schedule in that time frame and has beaten everyone else. Maybe the most impressive OOS wins during that time span? Ill let you be the judge.

The most overrated major program went 3,000 miles across the country and beat you at home last year. Fraudulent for sure. Seems like what you really need is for an OOS team to knock off Mater Dei. Good luck! 

• Haha 2