What Schools are playing the most Maxpreps Top 25 teams this year

SJR89

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Would OLu have been the best team St Thomas Aquinas and Chaminade Madonna played in the Florida playoffs last year? Some are asking. 

It's a difficult question to answer. Certainly, I would be interested to see how OLU would've fared vs. Homestead or even CCC. But, it doesn't necessarily matter given the question. It's false to say that either OLU wasn't better than Homestead OR they must be ranked as high as they were.

As I've said before, most private schools (not the big dawgs we all know) can assemble a handful of really good players while having to also play a bunch of "tuition payers" who suck. If you have a 5* cornerback on one side of the field, and badrouter as a CB on the other side, you have a crappy secondary.

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

It's a difficult question to answer. Certainly, I would be interested to see how OLU would've fared vs. Homestead or even CCC. But, it doesn't necessarily matter given the question. It's false to say that either OLU wasn't better than Homestead OR they must be ranked as high as they were.

As I've said before, most private schools (not the big dawgs we all know) can assemble a handful of really good players while having to also play a bunch of "tuition payers" who suck. If you have a 5* cornerback on one side of the field, and badrouter as a CB on the other side, you have a crappy secondary.

Badrouters opens up at -13.5 pt favorite over Clearwater Central Catholic

• Thanks 1

OLU does play a tough schedule though...... have to give them that. 

They may think they have the goods this year. 

For kicks> Calpreps projects OLU to finish 5-5 this year... .. I guess you'd have to run a 5 mile long daisy chain to figure out where that ranks nationally.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

OLU does play a tough schedule though...... have to give them that. 

Yeah but how much is too much.  I'm all for teams putting a couple of stretch games OOL, but OLU is gonna be pretty wasted by the time league play starts.  5-5 might be tough to achieve.

22 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Would OLu have been the best team St Thomas Aquinas and Chaminade Madonna played in the Florida playoffs last year? Some are asking. 

For C-M yes. For STA’s division, Homestead and Jones would’ve been tough games for OLu. 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Yeah but how much is too much.  I'm all for teams putting a couple of stretch games OOL,.

It doesn't really matter in the large picture.

I don't think you can ever fault a team for putting together a tough schedule though. 

I just don't think they're Preseason #24 in the Nation, but I honestly don't know who is. OLU just doesn't feel right there.

On 7/20/2024 at 1:04 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Their 2021 "state" runner-up team was dog shit. Every team before or after was worse than that one.

You buy into the nonsense because it benefits Mater Dei.

Trottin’ out the ol’ straw man.  Sad.  My opinion of OLu has nothing to do with MD and everything to do with the undeniably solid collection of talent they have on their roster.  And “dog shit”? Please.  Grow up.  Do better. 

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

My opinion of OLu has nothing to do with MD and everything to do with the undeniably solid collection of talent they have on their roster.

Two bullshit claims.

Your perception of Orange Lutheran has *everything* to do their connection to Mater Dei. You wouldn't utter the phrase Orange Lutheran if they weren't in the same league as Mater Dei.

Also, they only have 7 starred players in their Junior/Senior classes. Only two of them on the line of scrimmage. One of the two is committed to Rice. The phrase "undeniably solid collection of talent" is legendary in it's vapidness.

15 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yes.

That team was a crime against humanity. Their game against Cathedral was a war crime. We should've notified The Hague immediately afterwards.

There are a lot of very average looking high school kids on that field. Like I said, a handful of really good prospects surrounded by a handful of tuition-paying runts makes for a mediocre team. OLU looks like Lake Minneola of 2022-23 to me.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

There are a lot of very average looking high school kids on that field. Like I said, a handful of really good prospects surrounded by a handful of tuition-paying runts makes for a mediocre team. OLU looks like Lake Minneola of 2022-23 to me.

But they play in the “Trinity League”. The toughest league in all of sports.

Hey, did you guys know they have the number #1 ranked team in the nation?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

But they play in the “Trinity League”. The toughest league in all of sports.

Hey, did you guys know they have the number #1 ranked team in the nation?

You’ve been really upset about this lately lol.

Why don’t you name a better league in the country? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The total lack of coherent or rational responses in this thread (and others) proves that even the Cali posters know it's a joke.

But they just can't quit it.

They're like a Joel Osteen type preacher who is exposed as a fraud but figures that the fleecing must go on.

Take a deep breath. It shouldn’t bother you so much.

If OLu is dog shit, then 99% of all high school teams are dog shit correct? 7 D1 = dog shit. Most schools have zero. Just trying to be coherent and rational! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If OLu is dog shit, then 99% of all high school teams are dog shit correct? 7 D1 = dog shit. Most schools have zero. Just trying to be coherent and rational! 

This means nothing to me. My comment isn't about 99% of high schools. It's about one that's ranked in 24th in this preseason poll.

See, again, you have no substance and so this is all you can do. That's because you're a Mater Dei and Trinity League toady.

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This means nothing to me. My comment isn't about 99% of high schools. It's about one that's ranked in 24th in this preseason poll.

See, again, you have no substance and so this is all you can do. That's because you're a Mater Dei and Trinity League toady.

I’m on here on record saying OLu doesn’t deserve the ranking. You continue to whine and be bothered. You’ll be on here tomorrow still crying about it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m on here on record saying OLu doesn’t deserve the ranking. You continue to whine and be bothered. You’ll be on here tomorrow still crying about it. 

But you're never here to address the actual issue or it's root cause.

It's all hand-waving it away by throwing out a bread crumb of agreement.

Let's use this poll to assume that Mater Dei will be consensus preseason #1.

Get this.

They have now been preseason #1 in the comp poll for 5 straight years (2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024).

What's more is that they've been preseason #1 for 6 of the last 7 years (2017, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024).

But that's not all. Hold on to your butts.

The only year in that stretch where they weren't preseason #1 that distinction went to St. John Bosco (2018).

So a Trinity League team has been preseason #1 in the comp poll for 7 straight seasons.

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

That is a 2021 clip you are playing . OLU loaded up last season with more recruits . Try not deceiving when you make a post 

• Haha 1