What Schools are playing the most Maxpreps Top 25 teams this year

SJR89

I am a bit behind then you all, been out the country for the last 3 years so missed a lot the HS stuff.  Not familiar with all the OOS this year.  My School SJR is playing St Francis ( first game of season )  may not be a happy result and our usual death match with BC later in season.  Anybody playing more than 2 teams in the Top 25 this year?  Hope all doing well and looking forward to great year of HS football and tailgates -  All the best and Vir Fidelis !!!!!

so is Mater Dei expected to go undefeated this Year ?  will let you know if SJR vs SFA is being streamed.  We are in rebuild mode with Auggie returning as HC so could be a long year. But his return has brought back lots of energy and transfers!!!!!

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

It's best to let the season play out before answering this question. Rankings at this point are useless.

Why wait when the main reason for such rankings is to serve the agenda that your pushing?

In this case the agenda is that 2/3 of the Trinity League is in the top 40.

On 7/18/2024 at 7:51 PM, HurricaneNick said:

#24 OLu

Orange Lutheran was 5-6 last year......blown out 6 times. Their claim to fame was beating an average DLS, I guess.

OLU will lose 6 or 7 games this year as well, but they are damn good! 😄

This team should have to play their way into a Top 25.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Orange Lutheran was 5-6 last year......blown out 6 times. Their claim to fame was beating an average DLS, I guess.

It's total nonsense.

Orange Lutheran sucks. Even their "good" teams aren't good.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I actually completely agree with you. They have some studs but have not produced on the field. They also scheduled way too aggressively for them to be in the top 25 at the end of the year unless they pull off a string of upsets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

In his defense, he thinks everyone sucks. OLu is in good company lol

This isn't true but even if it was then I'd be closer to the truth.

Believing that everyone in close proximity to Mater Dei is good is far stupider and far less accurate.

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This isn't true but even if it was then I'd be closer to the truth.

Believing that everyone in close proximity to Mater Dei is good is far stupider and far less accurate.

I think OLu is somewhere in the middle of “good” and “dog shit”. 

Decent team with multiple D1 guys but shouldn’t be anywhere around the top 25 nationally. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That list isn’t accurate they have the #3 linebacker in the country on their team plus a handful more D1 guys on that defense. I know they have a DL kid that just committed. 

https://247sports.com/player/talanoa-ili-46138593/

He's a junior that's why he's not listed.

They only have 7 starred players in their Junior/Senior classes. Only two on the lines of scrimmage. None on the defensive line.

They don't have very much talent.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

He's a junior that's why he's not listed.

They only have 7 starred players in their Junior/Senior classes. Only two on the lines of scrimmage. None on the defensive line.

They don't have very much talent.

And how good are the non-starred players?

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

As usual, we get snarky irrelevance.

I’ve already said that OLu does not deserve the ranking at all. Decent team nothing special.  Just asked a question if dog shit OLu was better than all the dog shit Florida teams the two best Florida teams saw on their way to a state title. 

I’d like to be the first congratulate you and St Thomas Aquinas on winning the 2024-25 state championship. 

25 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Just asked a question if dog shit OLu was better than all the dog shit Florida teams the two best Florida teams saw on their way to a state title. 

Nobody really knows since it's all a hypothetical.

The thing is that none of the teams that STA or Chaminade played have the possibility of being overrated let alone to the extent that Orange Lutheran is.

Even if they were at the same level as a Homestead or Coconut Creek, which I'm not certain that they were, they would be dismissed as "dog shit" by people like you despite currently labeling them as decent.