MaxPreps Preseason top 25

2 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

After all that’s been said on this thread you had to add the most bullshit nothing to the conversation. Louisiana was never in the conversation because no one other than yourself give a fuck. Learn to read a room.

Read this.

Fuck off, you whiner!

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No one has ever heard me say MD doesn’t have an embarrassment of riches talent wise. I just think some of the claims are overblown because there are years like the 23 class where MD had 1 kid ranked in the states top 50. She said there are 40 studs in the 25 & 26 classes in all of DFW that don’t go to DV or DS. The same can be said for out here, So Florida, Georgia, etc. Only so many spots on the field. 

Okay, I didn’t know Top 50 was what’s important.

Mater Dei : 1

Duncanville : 2

On 7/13/2024 at 6:14 PM, timblacktv said:

Last year STA went undefeated in the state of Florida last year and take it what you will, some believe they were the number 1 team in Florida but lost 20-7 against SJB at home in their own state. SJB literally had a guy named Caleb Sanchez with zero stars brought up as a JV guy throw bubble screens all game against STA and they couldn't stop SJB.

I'm the first person to criticize the death by a thousands paper cuts defense that we had last year but without a stupid late hit penalty on 3rd down by our defensive captain that's a 7-7 game in the 4th quarter.

A lot of things happened that day but "couldn't stop SJB" wasn't one of them. We stopped them plenty of times.

On 7/12/2024 at 12:10 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Had a quick look at 247’s FL recruit ratings for ‘25 and ‘26.  
Of course, IMG was plastered all over the place and CM, AHP showed well.

I only saw one 4 star STA recruit listed, Justice Fitzpatrick, Minkah’s brother.  

Just went through the whole ‘25 FL List of 247 recruits.  Unusual to have to go down to #146 rated in state to see the first STA recruit.  Illinois looks like the best verbal choice to date for the ‘25 class. 

68 recruits are listed in FL for ‘26.  Justice is the lone STA recruit listed.  4 star rated.  

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_0877.jpeg

IMG_0878.jpeg

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

I find it very strange that 247 doesn't have a group of 4-star referees listed for STA.  The refs are the only reason STA went undefeated in FL last year.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Prog8r said:

I find it very strange that 247 doesn't have a group of 4-star referees listed for STA.  The refs are the only reason STA went undefeated in FL last year.

With all due respect, those Cocoa officials deserved five stars from STA!

• Haha 2

On 7/13/2024 at 4:11 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Will they be eligible for the Cen10 game? 

Following up on this as big news came out with two of the Saguaro transfers looking to be immediately eligible at Liberty with the Saguaro AD apparently signing off on all transfers who left before January 16 to be immediately eligible:

Thues is a three-star safety so that's a big boost for them for the Corona game; while the other 18+ Saguaro transfers will still be subject to the state’s hardship process for immediate eligibility it seems to me that the door has been opened for immediate eligibility (would be incredibly arbitrary for the AD to acknowledge that a hardship existed before 1/16 but not after).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Following up on this as big news came out with two of the Saguaro transfers looking to be immediately eligible at Liberty with the Saguaro AD apparently signing off on all transfers who left before January 16 to be immediately eligible:

Thues is a three-star safety so that's a big boost for them for the Corona game; while the other 18+ Saguaro transfers will still be subject to the state’s hardship process for immediate eligibility it seems to me that the door has been opened for immediate eligibility (would be incredibly arbitrary for the AD to acknowledge that a hardship existed before 1/16 but not after).

"hardship". "Yo, dawg, my team lost all its best players and are gonna suck now. You gotta let me join a winner!" 🤡