MaxPreps Preseason top 25

46 minutes ago, GeorgeW said:

Or anywhere else.   I don't see any weakness in the Bishop Gorman team.

They’ll take a step back at quarterback. Alejado was very good. More importantly he was on time and in sync with his guys. I really believe if he was taller he would be playing at an elite college. @Antt says there’s a battle at QB. After watching spicer I would be surprised if they went with him.

11 hours ago, Antt said:

Yeah I always slow my role on freshman I Don't like to depend on them until sophomore year when they have adjusted to the game 

We have 1 freshman that's making noise in practice and this is our best freshman class in 3-4 year's with kid's coming from east coast, south and Cali and of course best from vegas but means nothing until you do something in the game 

Y’all are IMG west lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

They’ll take a step back at quarterback. Alejado was very good. More importantly he was on time and in sync with his guys. I really believe if he was taller he would be playing at an elite college. @Antt says there’s a battle at QB. After watching spicer I would be surprised if they went with him.

Yeah spicer definitely played last year even in the first for games he started every 3rd drive scored everytime except MC but maika is good also both have offers and maika the bigger offers bigger guy also 

Whoever has the best OLINE to get time behind and the WRS will help 

Our RB is probably best in his class 

Defense has to show me last year was TERRIBLE 

• Like 1

Absolutely wild to not have Peoria Liberty in a preseason top 25 after the season they had and what they have back. While skill positions are thin from graduation (not unusual at Liberty as seniors take precedent in filling open spots) the front seven is stacked on defense and they have a great base on the o-line with a 6-6 Minnesota-bound tackle. Once their Saguaro transfers are eligible they'll be very strong.

My point of view is it's very rare that our best team isn't among the nation's 25 best teams and at the very least these polls should have a placeholder for the end of year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Absolutely wild to not have Peoria Liberty in a preseason top 25 after the season they had and what they have back. While skill positions are thin from graduation (not unusual at Liberty as seniors take precedent in filling open spots) the front seven is stacked on defense and they have a great base on the o-line with a 6-6 Minnesota-bound tackle. Once their Saguaro transfers are eligible they'll be very strong.

My point of view is it's very rare that our best team isn't among the nation's 25 best teams and at the very least these polls should have a placeholder for the end of year.

Our EF Hutton for Zona HSFB.  
When he posts, people listen.  😊 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Our EF Hutton for Zona HSFB.  
When he posts, people listen.  😊 

Buford is gonna be a monster this year... 

They made some major coaching alterations... 

Former Tampa Bay Defensive Tackle and SB champ Steve Mclendon has taken the reigns as DC for Buford...

Former Buford HC Jess Simpson's son Jake Simpson has joined as OC... (He also played for Buford during 4/6 of their state title streak years). 

Bufords also loaded on athletes this year... 

They got alot going good for em. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

There still going to be very good, a top 5ish team in the country I don’t know about. I don’t know if Mater Dei is a top 5 team in the country. On paper they are, but you have to play the games. Doesn’t matter how many studs you have if you can’t put it together. Look at St Frances these last few years. Talent as good or better than anyone else, but struggled to put up wins. 

I seriously doubt that and I hope the Florida posters dont believe your sandbagging. SJB is a school that strikes fear into the heart of every single football team in America. You know its bad when St.France Academy from Balitmore, a school that has been banned from their state because other teams are too scared of them, get nervous and jittery because they have to play you at Parish home field in Bellflower. Oh SFA lost to SJB that game btw, 37-14.

The year Miami Central went undefeated in the state of Florida 2021ish but got two losses handed down to them came at the hands of Bishop Gorman (21-20) and St. John Bosco (35-12) both West Coast teams.

Last year STA went undefeated in the state of Florida last year and take it what you will, some believe they were the number 1 team in Florida but lost 20-7 against SJB at home in their own state. SJB literally had a guy named Caleb Sanchez with zero stars brought up as a JV guy throw bubble screens all game against STA and they couldn't stop SJB.

Also, Chaminade Madonna in 2022 went 14-0 and went undefeated in the state of Florida. But at the Geico Bowl game they got ran through by Bishop Gorman 49-14. Gorman could have named the score of that game if they wanted to. The thing is, CM could not stop a Gorman team that was missing around 4-5 of their highly recruited players including 5 Star Zach Branch who was one of the most highest rated recruits in his class. All of those kids played against Mater Dei and they still couldn't beat Mater Dei. Mater Dei lost to SJB that year.

If any CM posters or Florida guys are reading this, you better be ready to play against one of the most physical teams in America because SJB is one of the nastiest schools to play against. Alot of Cali guys laugh really hard when they see teams like Central Catholic from Oregon, Oscar Smith from VA, etc agree to play to SJB because they know how much of an idiot you would have to be to play them. Theres a reason Mater Dei is someting 15-0 against nationally ranked out of state schools including schools that have been #2 in the nation but 3-3 against SJB since 2018

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Buford is gonna be a monster this year... 

They made some major coaching alterations... 

Former Tampa Bay Defensive Tackle and SB champ Steve Mclendon has taken the reigns as DC for Buford...

Former Buford HC Jess Simpson's son Jake Simpson has joined as OC... (He also played for Buford during 4/6 of their state title streak years). 

Bufords also loaded on athletes this year... 

They got alot going good for em. 

Solid program.  GL to them and I’m sure @BUFORDGAWOLVES will be following closely.  

22 minutes ago, timblacktv said:

I seriously doubt that and I hope the Florida posters dont believe your sandbagging. SJB is a school that strikes fear into the heart of every single football team in America. You know its bad when St.France Academy from Balitmore, a school that has been banned from their state because other teams are too scared of them, get nervous and jittery because they have to play you at Parish home field in Bellflower. Oh SFA lost to SJB that game btw, 37-14.

The year Miami Central went undefeated in the state of Florida 2021ish but got two losses handed down to them came at the hands of Bishop Gorman (21-20) and St. John Bosco (35-12) both West Coast teams.

Last year STA went undefeated in the state of Florida last year and take it what you will, some believe they were the number 1 team in Florida but lost 20-7 against SJB at home in their own state. SJB literally had a guy named Caleb Sanchez with zero stars brought up as a JV guy throw bubble screens all game against STA and they couldn't stop SJB.

Also, Chaminade Madonna in 2022 went 14-0 and went undefeated in the state of Florida. But at the Geico Bowl game they got ran through by Bishop Gorman 49-14. Gorman could have named the score of that game if they wanted to. The thing is, CM could not stop a Gorman team that was missing around 4-5 of their highly recruited players including 5 Star Zach Branch who was one of the most highest rated recruits in his class. All of those kids played against Mater Dei and they still couldn't beat Mater Dei. Mater Dei lost to SJB that year.

If any CM posters or Florida guys are reading this, you better be ready to play against one of the most physical teams in America because SJB is one of the nastiest schools to play against. Alot of Cali guys laugh really hard when they see teams like Central Catholic from Oregon, Oscar Smith from VA, etc agree to play to SJB because they know how much of an idiot you would have to be to play them. Theres a reason Mater Dei is someting 15-0 against nationally ranked out of state schools including schools that have been #2 in the nation but 3-3 against SJB since 2018

STA lost to Cocoa… at home.  
Anyone who follows HSFB nationally closely, knows what happened.  #timeclockclusterfuck #hollowwin 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, timblacktv said:

Why are you acting like I said SJB was going to bad? Lol. Still loaded and better than most of the country. I said that they will take a small step back and I give the nod to Centennial because they return an elite QB and loaded up on transfers. On paper, Bosco took a step back. Look at what they lost, look at what they replaced it with. They lost very good players on defense and are breaking in another quarterback with minimal varsity experience. Its happened to Mater Dei as well in certain years and I’ve come on here and said that. This isn't just a Bosco problem. I believe they scheduled this way this year for a reason. They have an opportunity at Chaminade to silence a lot of people out here. Another opportunity at MD. I have zero problem eating crow if SJB runs the table this year. I (& many others) just don’t see it happening this year. No one is saying they’re going to be bad, the absolute worst case for them is going 8-2 with road losses to the best teams in Florida & California. They can win both of those games. I wouldn’t bet on that, but they could.  

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Will they be eligible for the Cen10 game? 

3 hours ago, Antt said:

Yeah spicer definitely played last year even in the first for games he started every 3rd drive scored everytime except MC but maika is good also both have offers and maika the bigger offers bigger guy also 

Whoever has the best OLINE to get time behind and the WRS will help 

Our RB is probably best in his class 

Defense has to show me last year was TERRIBLE 

Gorman OL vs MD’s front 4 is going to be incredible. MD obviously wants to make you guys throw the ball to win. If I’m you guys, I’m leaning on that OL and killing clock because MD has the weapons and an experienced QB. Can’t wait for this one. Win or lose, we are in for a treat.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I just really don’t know enough about CM to comment on it. I definitely want Bosco to win to represent the west, but seems like a tall task especially playing in Florida. 

I think CM takes a small step back this season. They lost most all of their key playmakers on offense. They were rather magical with Bailey, JoJo Trader etc. Chemistry, synergy etc are all reset to zero for Fall camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Gorman OL vs MD’s front 4 is going to be incredible. MD obviously wants to make you guys throw the ball to win. If I’m you guys, I’m leaning on that OL and killing clock because MD has the weapons and an experienced QB. Can’t wait for this one. Win or lose, we are in for a treat.

Yeah if I'm gorman OC I'll run the ball 40 times in that game and dash has to show me something watched cen10 game and Oaks Christian game after the first script drive he got shakey but we will see 

That front 7 will show us alot vs Cent10 I know the losted alot 

But Wrs and Davison will be a PROBLEM 

16 minutes ago, Antt said:

Yeah if I'm gorman OC I'll run the ball 40 times in that game and dash has to show me something watched cen10 game and Oaks Christian game after the first script drive he got shakey but we will see 

That front 7 will show us alot vs Cent10 I know the losted alot 

But Wrs and Davison will be a PROBLEM 

I think this MD defense has all the potential in the world. Front 4 is nasty and will be better than last year. Breland had all the stars in the world but many forget that Semi started over him for a reason. Breland didn’t even play in the last Bosco game and state title game. 
Dash has looked great but it’s hard to not look phenomenal with those receivers and bowman. He is working with something completely different now. I agree on Gorman trying to pound the rock, but I hope we get to see meadows and McDonald go at it in a few 1 on 1’s. 

This game will come down to mistakes and who handles adversity better. Both teams are so loaded. 

17 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I think this MD defense has all the potential in the world. Front 4 is nasty and will be better than last year. Breland had all the stars in the world but many forget that Semi started over him for a reason. Breland didn’t even play in the last Bosco game and state title game. 
Dash has looked great but it’s hard to not look phenomenal with those receivers and bowman. He is working with something completely different now. I agree on Gorman trying to pound the rock, but I hope we get to see meadows and McDonald go at it in a few 1 on 1’s. 

This game will come down to mistakes and who handles adversity better. Both teams are so loaded. 

Yeah we agreed breland was overrated even before that game we knew our young guy's had to deal with the DLINE depth and edge ,Remember Alai he's probably the best player on the team he will have 10 Pancakes that game 6'4 300 Center 2nd strongest bench at the Nfl draft did 225 33 time's so looking forward to semi battle 

We have a better OLINE but our DLINE costed us that game no depth and they got pancaked with MD monster's so this year we have 6 D1 guy's for that reason it was bad in the 4th quarter 

Remember like I said last time branch was not the only guy 

Well we going to try hide everyone again until the MD game

1 hour ago, Antt said:

Yeah we agreed breland was overrated even before that game we knew our young guy's had to deal with the DLINE depth and edge ,Remember Alai he's probably the best player on the team he will have 10 Pancakes that game 6'4 300 Center 2nd strongest bench at the Nfl draft did 225 33 time's so looking forward to semi battle 

We have a better OLINE but our DLINE costed us that game no depth and they got pancaked with MD monster's so this year we have 6 D1 guy's for that reason it was bad in the 4th quarter 

Remember like I said last time branch was not the only guy 

Well we going to try hide everyone again until the MD game

It’s wild to see all these high school kids throwing up 300+ lbs on the bench. When I was at MD we had probably 5-6 kids that were pushing that weight. Now it’s pretty much every kid on the lines and the linebackers. It’s definitely changed. Can’t ask for much more than Nas, Shaun, Tom Tom & Semi vs the Gorman front. Have a couple rising sophomores on the DL that are going to be very good too. That said, I think both offenses score a decent amount. I have it being a 28-24/ 35-31 type of game. 

53 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s wild to see all these high school kids throwing up 300+ lbs on the bench. When I was at MD we had probably 5-6 kids that were pushing that weight. Now it’s pretty much every kid on the lines and the linebackers. It’s definitely changed. Can’t ask for much more than Nas, Shaun, Tom Tom & Semi vs the Gorman front. Have a couple rising sophomores on the DL that are going to be very good too. That said, I think both offenses score a decent amount. I have it being a 28-24/ 35-31 type of game. 

Yeah that kid is different and last time I seen a OLINE this good was MD 2 year's ago 

Wyatt is the 1 you have to slow him down if not it's a lonnnngg night 

It's going to be a physical shoot out and I think we have the 2 best team's in America 

But EJ leaving is crazy there's no like the legend the adjustments Kelly and EJ Made in 22 won the game because this game TALENT isn't enough everyone is D1 it's the coaching 

6 hours ago, timblacktv said:

I don't think anyone questions how good MD, SJB and BG are. What we question is how good any of the other teams in CA or Nevada are. The three aforementioned teams are regional all-star squads. That doesn't mean Mission Viejo would beat STA or Miami central or Lakeland etc. 

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Fun fact, Arizona's #1 teams and state champions are a combined 0-3 against Corona Centennial

2016 - Chandler (13-2 6A Arizona State Champs) loss to Corona Centennial 56-49

2018 - Chandler (13-1 6A Arizona State Champs) loss to Corona Centennial 35-13.

2021 - Liberty (12-1 6A Arizona State Champs) loss to Corona Centennial 42-35

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

I don't think anyone questions how good MD, SJB and BG are. What we question is how good any of the other teams in CA or Nevada are. The three aforementioned teams are regional all-star squads. That doesn't mean Mission Viejo would beat STA or Miami central or Lakeland etc. 

Just so you know SJB is a recruiting bully, meaning they dont take kindly to other schools poaching their players. Los Al learned that the hard way. They have the entire state of California to choose..lol

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

agreed. Mission is a good team no doubt.

I know if is only touch football, but Mission has been very impressive in passing league this summer. Their problem is always competing with the big boys in the trenches. 

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

That’s because STA and Miami Central are the same as MD & Bosco. & if you’re right about Lakeland getting 20 transfers this year, they’re a regional all star team too. 

• Like 1