MaxPreps Preseason top 25

21 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Would you believe it if I told you that block is posing as a TL fan on twitter? I’m not even joking lol. but yes he will weasel his way back here somehow. 

I absolutely believe this Lol

22 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

USC has the inside track. I’m predicting this is his last season of hs ball and he re-classes. 

I hope so. Kid is lights out. 

38 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Are you up to date on  Bosco roster as far as transfers? Last year was supposed to be a step back but they sure looked good to me at least until the last few games. I don't know anything about what they have , so I know you know what's going on in socal. Is MD  expected to be as good as last season?

Bosco had a fair amount of transfers both in and out. Including two studs on the DL that transferred out and then transferred back to Bosco. 

I don’t think they were supposed to take a step back last year. They scheduled very aggressively and their defense was disgusting. They lost key pieces on that side of the ball this year which is why I think they take a step back. QB is also a question mark for them. Again, they're still going to be really good, maybe they make me eat crow. As of today I am a little more worried about Cen10 than Bosco. Cen10 has a freak at quarterback. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

On the other hand, this is Centennials best team in a long time. Studs all over the place

Seriously, on what basis do you make this statement?  Sure, Longstreet should be better, but his receiver corp won't be much different than last year, and the running back just hasn't had enough carries for anyone to know how well he'll pan out.  There's little chance the O line will be as effective as last year.  The secondary is a huge ?  
Yes, they have enough weapons to run up big scores against marginal defenses, but they'll give up points to competent passing offenses. 
For MD the game vs Cen10 is low risk high reward, especially being game 1.  MD would have to underperform pretty wildly to lose and whether the win is tight or a blowout, MD gets the rating bump, because Cen10 perennially enjoys favorable ratings.  Aside from MD, the only other "barometer" game will be Liberty AZ away, and that game will be a toss up.  RSM should have enough to put up a fight, but they'll wear down in the second half.

Bottom line, Cen10 will be, as usual, very good, but not much different than last years team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not OLu. Or I should say that would be shocking. Bosco is still very good, just not the same as what they’ve had these last few years. In my opinion, Cen10 has gotten better and Bosco has taken a step back. QB is a big question for Bosco. Bosco and Cen10 would be a good game, if Cen10 were to beat them, I think this is the year. 

O ok man I really hope they can pull it off the game vs CM

I'll be there and definitely pulling for them usually east coast teams can't handle west coast teams OLINE and DLINE or should I say MD,BG and Bosco 

44 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Seriously, on what basis do you make this statement?  Sure, Longstreet should be better, but his receiver corp won't be much different than last year, and the running back just hasn't had enough carries for anyone to know how well he'll pan out.  There's little chance the O line will be as effective as last year.  The secondary is a huge ?  
Yes, they have enough weapons to run up big scores against marginal defenses, but they'll give up points to competent passing offenses. 
For MD the game vs Cen10 is low risk high reward, especially being game 1.  MD would have to underperform pretty wildly to lose and whether the win is tight or a blowout, MD gets the rating bump, because Cen10 perennially enjoys favorable ratings.  Aside from MD, the only other "barometer" game will be Liberty AZ away, and that game will be a toss up.  RSM should have enough to put up a fight, but they'll wear down in the second half.

Bottom line, Cen10 will be, as usual, very good, but not much different than last years team. 

I don’t see the secondary as a huge ? at all. Should be a strength of the team IMO. Key transfers that are studs to add to an already good group. Defense has studs at every level.  Every WR starter is a P5 commit (Utah, Arizona, st, Washington St. Three of 5 guys on the OL are already committed to power 5 schools, getting Daniel shipp back at tackle is huge. Decent weapons and protection for maybe the best QB in his class. RB is just never a worry under Logan. I’m sure there’s a division 1 running back on campus. You can down play the roster if you want, but you’re loaded and return A LOT. Including an elite talent at Quarterback. Not ridiculous at all to think they’ll be better than they’ve been the last couple of years. 

Cen10 sucks!!!

Bosco had a fair amount of transfers both in and out. Including two studs on the DL that transferred out and then transferred back to Bosco. 

I don’t think they were supposed to take a step back last year. They scheduled very aggressively and their defense was disgusting. They lost key pieces on that side of the ball this year which is why I think they take a step back. QB is also a question mark for them. Again, they're still going to be really good, maybe they make me eat crow. As of today I am a little more worried about Cen10 than Bosco. Cen10 has a freak at quarterback. 

The one thing to consider that their freshman and jv teams were good. If their o-line is good then that will bye them time until. the qb develops. I wish there is an insider who could elaborate on their roster more.  I would be shocked if they didn't get any quality transfers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Antt said:

O ok man I really hope they can pull it off the game vs CM

I'll be there and definitely pulling for them usually east coast teams can't handle west coast teams OLINE and DLINE or should I say MD,BG and Bosco 

I just really don’t know enough about CM to comment on it. I definitely want Bosco to win to represent the west, but seems like a tall task especially playing in Florida. 

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

The one thing to consider that their freshman and jv teams were good. If their o-line is good then that will bye them time until. the qb develops. I wish there is an insider who could elaborate on their roster more.  I would be shocked if they didn't get any quality transfers. 

There still going to be very good, a top 5ish team in the country I don’t know about. I don’t know if Mater Dei is a top 5 team in the country. On paper they are, but you have to play the games. Doesn’t matter how many studs you have if you can’t put it together. Look at St Frances these last few years. Talent as good or better than anyone else, but struggled to put up wins. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I just really don’t know enough about CM to comment on it. I definitely want Bosco to win to represent the west, but seems like a tall task especially playing in Florida. 

They did last year so hopefully they will again but CM is transfers on transfers on transfers so it's a ?

I wish toki would have went to bosco I think he's a good QB 

Also they have a freshman RB from vegas but I'm not sure if he's ready for this level of high school ball

31 minutes ago, Antt said:

They did last year so hopefully they will again but CM is transfers on transfers on transfers so it's a ?

I wish toki would have went to bosco I think he's a good QB 

Also they have a freshman RB from vegas but I'm not sure if he's ready for this level of high school ball

Toki is going to be a stud. Thought it was very interesting to see him transfer to a school where he has no chance to start this year. MD is pretty set at quarterback for the coming years. Incoming freshman QB Ayden Edwards holds 3 offers before playing a snap of HS football. That’s crazy to me. 

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Toki is going to be a stud. Thought it was very interesting to see him transfer to a school where he has no chance to start this year. MD is pretty set at quarterback for the coming years. Incoming freshman QB Ayden Edwards holds 3 offers before playing a snap of HS football. That’s crazy to me. 

Toki will via for the starting job next year, but he should have gone to D-3, D-4 school like Timmy Herr did at San Juan Hills finding his level of play.

Ayden Edwards - How he has those offers is beyond me too. Certainly not committable. He struggled playing 4 Vert - But he also didn't play high level youth ball. He's learning, but when coming to MD, you need to learn quick, or you fall behind, and there will always be that next guy coming behind them, look at the last four MD QBs all gone.. only Furion has lasted and stuck it out so far and he didn't show anything to say he'd be the next guy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Toki will via for the starting job next year, but he should have gone to D-3, D-4 school like Timmy Herr did at San Juan Hills finding his level of play.

Ayden Edwards - How he has those offers is beyond me too. Certainly not committable. He struggled playing 4 Vert - But he also didn't play high level youth ball. He's learning, but when coming to MD, you need to learn quick, or you fall behind, and there will always be that next guy coming behind them, look at the last four MD QBs all gone.. only Furion has lasted and stuck it out so far and he didn't show anything to say he'd be the next guy. 

I agree. Credit to Furian for sticking it out and waiting his turn. Hope he gets some valuable minutes this year. I’m hearing Santa maragarita pulled a pretty good freshman class. I’ve heard Kye Duval will be pretty good for MD but haven’t been able to get out to any practice. Maybe after the dead period. 

Yeah don't understand that move at all I thought he was up next over furian 

Hopefully furian can all the freshman off and get 2 year's as the guy we all know him in Vegas and actually use the same recovery location as alot of BG player's 

I agree. Credit to Furian for sticking it out and waiting his turn. Hope he gets some valuable minutes this year. I’m hearing Santa maragarita pulled a pretty good freshman class. I’ve heard Kye Duval will be pretty good for MD but haven’t been able to get out to any practice. Maybe after the dead period. 

Yeah I always slow my role on freshman I Don't like to depend on them until sophomore year when they have adjusted to the game 

We have 1 freshman that's making noise in practice and this is our best freshman class in 3-4 year's with kid's coming from east coast, south and Cali and of course best from vegas but means nothing until you do something in the game 

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

1. This might be the best WR core in school history considering they have 4 FBS level players 

2. RB is a question mark but did you think Hatcher was gonna be what he was last year when his junior year he split carries. Shoot he had 100 yards vs MD last season. So I'll give the benefit of doubt to whoever carries the ball. 

3. what makes you think the OL can't be better when they basically only lost the twins from last season. They currently have 5 OL who either are committed or hold college offers. 

4. lastly am I'm going on the record saying they'll best MD first game NO! But this will be Cen10 best team in awhile especially after the DBs come back form injury 

11 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Cen10 sucks!!!

I said they'll be a very good team. But, they'll need to break through with a victory versus MD or SJB at some point in order to demonstrate they are better than last year.  Otherwise it's all speculation.  9-3 or 10-2 with a second round exit would be status quo. 

19 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I wonder with a roster not remotely stacked, why they opted for BG, CM and AHP? 

They better open up the playbook and not be just vanilla flavor… SFA game at home, as an example of an O.  

“If” the soph QB is better now, perhaps they should play him vs BG.  

I hope to meet some forum members at this event, who are brave enough to travel for a good dose of swamp ass.   😂 

Beer is on me.  🍻 

I'll be there with GSB. See you then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

If Bosco's D was so disgusting last season how'd they shut-out the Monarchs?

21 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

We might be in a world of trouble against Bishop Gorman. We do not match up with them on the lines of scrimmage.

Or anywhere else.   I don't see any weakness in the Bishop Gorman team.

17 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Yup. Carter Jackson (rb) is confirmed to play since they moved to Folsom but no clue about the others. I believe Folsom and DLS will be best up north with Pitt being a dark horse.

I agree, although DLS will be interesting…. They lost 2 kids that were supposed to be starters on Defense who played a lot as sophomores, to focus solely on Baseball because they are D 1 Baseball prospects…. 

DLS will also be playing 2 QB’s this year…. Their speed will be off the charts though…. That first game against Grant will be interesting…. If they get by Grant they probably run the table although I know nothing about the NFL academy team they are playing…. 

I was at the PITT 7 on 7 tourney last month and PITT looks impressive…. Their linemen are big and agile and they have athletes everywhere…. They are running a much better offense under their new coach…. They could certainly beat DLS in the playoffs…. 

I am looking forward to Seeing Folsom in the Open…. The last 3 years with Serra have been embarrassing for Nor Cal putting up 7 points in 3 games… Lyons is the type of player that can make things happen and Folsom has the talent to make a game of it….

• Like 2